Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Old 22-06-2016, 23:02   #316
jabet
BZ Member

It would be interesting to see Kimmich play as a RB for the club, Bayern has a habit of turning young talented mids to worldclass FB's after all.
BZ Squad member32
Old 23-06-2016, 13:17   #317
2headedeagle
Anti-FcB-Board

He played a great match but whether we have found a replacement for Lahm or not i cant say.The thing that makes me pessimist about Kimich as a RB is his speed,which is one of the most neaded qualities for FB
Old 23-06-2016, 14:07   #318
jabet
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2headedeagle View Post
He played a great match but whether we have found a replacement for Lahm or not i cant say.The thing that makes me pessimist about Kimich as a RB is his speed,which is one of the most neaded qualities for FB
I have always thought that Kimmich had decent speed, at least compared to Lahm who was never a pacy player, especially now with his aging body, but he still managed to have a very good season.

Anyway we are getting ahead of ourselves here, I don't think that Kimmich should be a serious candidate to the RB position unless he has a very successful knock-out stage campaign.
BZ Squad member32
Old 23-06-2016, 14:13   #319
Nils
Kill Hoeneß

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabet View Post
I have always thought that Kimmich had decent speed, at least compared to Lahm who was never a pacy player, especially now with his aging body, but he still managed to have a very good season.

Anyway we are getting ahead of ourselves here, I don't think that Kimmich should be a serious candidate to the RB position unless he has a very successful knock-out stage campaign.
Time will tell
BZ Squad member77
Old 24-06-2016, 12:18   #320
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

Yup Two decades ago...

Quote:
"My wife said that maybe I was wrong, that maybe if everybody said he (Lahm) was not good enough, then maybe--"

"I told her that if he did not play for Bayern, I would throw in my licence and go and coach water polo,"
Two days ago ...

Quote:
"When Philipp retires at Bayern in two years we don't have to worry about his position," Gerland told TZ.

I think we should seriously consider this!
BZ Squad member99
Old 24-06-2016, 13:25   #321
mea95
Mea San Mea

We will hopefully see Kimmich as RB in the coming matches of the Euro

If he impressed , I think Carlo should consider him as our next RB (he can also play in midfield)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Old 24-06-2016, 13:30   #322
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
Yup Two decades ago...

Two days ago ...

I think we should seriously consider this!
Are quoting Gerland? From where? I can't read your mind...
BZ Squad member27
Old 24-06-2016, 14:34   #323
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Are quoting Gerland? From where? I can't read your mind...
Yes, Gerland.

And my point is that even Lahm was thought to be not good enough, but Gerland was right one more time. So might be right about Kimmich being Lahm succor.
BZ Squad member99
Old 25-06-2016, 00:22   #324
René
#4 Phenomenon

Could the profecy could true? Could we really be blessed with another RB with that quality?

Lahm's departure will be the end of an era, seriously. His contribution and influence in RB has delivered again and again, to the extent to be a characteristic of this team. His level and consistency through out his playing years has been fantastic.

It'd be a hell of a stroke of luck to find that in Kimmich again.
BZ Squad member4
Old 25-06-2016, 07:07   #325
mavros
DFB-FCB

I think that the most important thing is that the player himself desides which is the best position for him.
Where will he reach the highest level of his performances and exploit all of his potential.
And the most important where exactly does he feel free to enjoy himself playing football, bacause after all football is a game.

We must not force him to be a RB, just because Germany lacks of full-backs and because Bayern need to find Lahm's succesor.
He must be a RB only because he enjoys playing there and he believes that he will be better there than playing in midfield!

Whatever decision he makes I completely trust in him that he has the potential to be a world class player!
BZ Squad member17
Old 25-06-2016, 15:12   #326
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
I think that the most important thing is that the player himself desides which is the best position for him.
Where will he reach the highest level of his performances and exploit all of his potential.
And the most important where exactly does he feel free to enjoy himself playing football, bacause after all football is a game.

We must not force him to be a RB, just because Germany lacks of full-backs and because Bayern need to find Lahm's succesor.
He must be a RB only because he enjoys playing there and he believes that he will be better there than playing in midfield!

Whatever decision he makes I completely trust in him that he has the potential to be a world class player!
Cute, but replace the name "Alaba" for "Kimmich" and see how you feel about that statement again.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Old 25-06-2016, 17:20   #327
mavros
DFB-FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post
Cute, but replace the name "Alaba" for "Kimmich" and see how you feel about that statement again.

Even if you're right, does this mean that the same mistake has to be done for 2nd time?
Besides, Alaba imho is by far a better full-back than CM or winger!
So Bayern clearly exploited all of his potential.
BZ Squad member17
Old 25-06-2016, 17:28   #328
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Even if you're right, does this mean that the same mistake has to be done for 2nd time?
Besides, Alaba imho is by far a better full-back than CM or winger!
So Bayern clearly exploited all of his potential.
So you're saying moving Alaba to LB was a mistake despite him being a far better player there than in CM (which I don't necessarily agree with, but let's not get into that)?

I don't think Kimmich can contend in our MF, not now and not in the foreseeable future. Maybe RB is the position in which he can actually help the team.

Old 25-06-2016, 18:05   #329
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post
So you're saying moving Alaba to LB was a mistake despite him being a far better player there than in CM (which I don't necessarily agree with, but let's not get into that)?

I don't think Kimmich can contend in our MF, not now and not in the foreseeable future. Maybe RB is the position in which he can actually help the team.

Alaba only played as a LB because injuries. LvG first played him as a DM. That's the issue, Lahm is still going to play for more 2 years, Kimmich is not going to get enough playing time as a RB, he has more chances of earning minutes as a midfielder.

Also, i don't think Kimmich has the acceleration to play as RB effectively, i really think his future lies in the midfield, but really, what do i know, i'm just a fan.

Last edited by L4nd3r; 25-06-2016 at 18:07.
BZ Squad member27
Old 25-06-2016, 18:17   #330
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Alaba only played as a LB because injuries. LvG first played him as a DM.
Is this true? It definitely wasn't true in 2010-11 and I didn't watch enough of 2009-10 to remember much. According to Transfermarkt, he played two games in 2009-10 as a CM. First he played as CM for 31 minutes against SpVgg Greuther Furth (where has recorded an assist) in the DFB Pokal on 10 Feb 2010. Then he played CM for 12 minutes against Lyon in the CL on 27 April 2010. Note that he only played LB three times that season, twice in the league and once in the CL (all three performances were in March). So judging by that data alone, it would appear you're right in that Alaba's first BuLi game as a CM under LvG was actually before his first game as a LB under LvG.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10