Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Old 18-05-2017, 17:55   #916
Eddy Summers
I Feel Vigorous

"Of course, I would prefer to play 35 or 40 games at right-back and not endure another season like this in midfield."

Joshua Kimmich: 'It's a fact I don't want to leave Bayern Munich' - ESPN FC
Old 18-05-2017, 20:01   #917
mea95
Mea San Mea

I think he will make us forget about "Lahm is irreplaceable"
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Old 18-05-2017, 20:59   #918
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post

I think he will make us forget about "Lahm is irreplaceable"
I don't.
BZ Squad member27
Old 18-05-2017, 21:16   #919
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
I don't.
Good
Old 18-05-2017, 22:59   #920
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Kimmich will make us forget lahm the way:

Lewandowski made us forget G. Muller
Kahn made us forget Maier
Neuer made us forget Kahn
Basti made us forget Effenberg
Super Mario made us forget Uli
Lahm made us forget Breitner

In other words it's not even in the realm of possibility. Show me Kimmich making the quality of pick-pocket tackles getting only the ball, controling the ball, and instantly turning the play that almost NO one had other than lahm.

Kimmich can be better in some aspects of his game, but lahms shadow will forever be cast long and wide over the fullback position.
Old 19-05-2017, 00:31   #921
micky
Arp you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
In other words it's not even in the realm of possibility. Show me Kimmich making the quality of pick-pocket tackles getting only the ball, controling the ball, and instantly turning the play that almost NO one had other than lahm.

Kimmich can be better in some aspects of his game, but lahms shadow will forever be cast long and wide over the fullback position.
Show me Lahm doing all that when he was the same age as Kimmich is now. Just saying. Lahm took his time to become the player he was at his peak, and that didn't happen in his early 20s. Dude, sometimes, or rather often, your reasoning is hilarious and somewhat non-existent.
BZ Squad member22
Old 19-05-2017, 00:38   #922
FreeBird
Stand Tall

My point, which you so woefully missed by light-years, is that the entirety of lahm's career didn't eclipse the man who came before him. The entirety of Kahn career didn't surpass the memory of what Maier did/who he was.

FUCK what age Kimmich is now. IDGAF and it has and had no bearing on my post in the least. He will never make anyone forget "Lahm is irreplaceable".

The same way all those others in the top of the post you quoted didn't make anyone forget how irreplaceable the players before them were.

Continue to selectively quote and reply all you want. Just shows your ignorance and pettiness. Not mine.
Old 19-05-2017, 00:48   #923
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
My point, which you so woefully missed by light-years, is that the entirety of lahm's career didn't eclipse the man who came before him. The entirety of Kahn career didn't surpass the memory of what Maier did/who he was.

FUCK what age Kimmich is now. IDGAF and it has and had no bearing on my post in the least. He will never make anyone forget "Lahm is irreplaceable".

The same way all those others in the top of the post you quoted didn't make anyone forget how irreplaceable the players before them were.

Continue to selectively quote and reply all you want. Just shows your ignorance and pettiness. Not mine.
AND BINGO WAS HIS NAME-O
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 19-05-2017, 00:49   #924
micky
Arp you ready?

Quote:

I didn't miss your point at all, your point was just dumb, to be honest. Not to mention my reply referred to the part I quoted, which is why I only quoted that part, but you missed it by light-years, as you put it.

Do you really remember Gerd Müller, or Uli, or Maier, or Breitner? I doubt. Maybe Effenberg, but I doubt that as well.
BZ Squad member22
Old 19-05-2017, 00:56   #925
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
I didn't miss your point at all, your point was just dumb, to be honest. Not to mention my reply referred to the part I quoted, which is why I only quoted that part, but you missed it by light-years, as you put it.

Do you really remember Gerd Müller, or Uli, or Maier, or Breitner? I doubt. Maybe Effenberg, but I doubt that as well.
I don't think his point is stupid at all. A legend is never replaced - at best another legend springs up and creates their own legendary status. Ronaldo never "replaced" Pele in the NT, but both became legends in their own right without even having to unseat the other. Furthermore, there is something fundamentally flawed with the idea of viewing retirement as a time for "replacement." If we're looking to "replace" Lahm, we can look for 50 years and come up empty. But if we're looking for another RB legend, I think we can do that. The point is, if we go into this search looking for a player who looks/plays/leads exactly like Lahm does, we're always going to find someone who isn't quite as good. The simple fact is that Philipp Lahm is the best Philipp Lahm there ever was or ever will be. Looking at a new RB with a Lahm-tinted perspective is a recipe for disaster.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 19-05-2017, 01:05   #926
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Quote:
The bottom half was directly related to the top half. It didn't matter how great Kimmich becomes it doesn't fit lahm light except in the minds of simpletons with no memory or respect for the past.

Quote:
Yes, actually, I have access to plenty of replays that include each and every one of those players on teams from long before I even existed, and given my downtime in the past spent many days just watching the sped up/shortened replays and highlights of the 60's and 70's

Your attitude is simply appalling on this. A current player won't ever diminish a legend no matter how good they get.

Ronaldo > CR7 in millions of people's minds.

Michael Jordan > LeBron James in millions of people's minds.

And it doesn't matter what their contemporaries do, how great they are, how many records they break. The originals will always be rated and remembered by those with knowledge and respect.

To suggest otherwise as you are, and touting my logic as flawed, signifies your lack of respect and remembrance of those that came before. Which is perfectly fine, and your right. But I can't take any fan seriously who refuses to acknowledge the past, and learn the history of the teams they support.

In other words you have proven with your tone and stance to be of little value in the realm of discussion for me moving forward.

Old 19-05-2017, 01:12   #927
micky
Arp you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I don't think his point is stupid at all. A legend is never replaced - at best another legend springs up and creates their own legendary status. Ronaldo never "replaced" Pele in the NT, but both became legends in their own right without even having to unseat the other. Furthermore, there is something fundamentally flawed with the idea of viewing retirement as a time for "replacement." If we're looking to "replace" Lahm, we can look for 50 years and come up empty. But if we're looking for another RB legend, I think we can do that. The point is, if we go into this search looking for a player who looks/plays/leads exactly like Lahm does, we're always going to find someone who isn't quite as good. The simple fact is that Philipp Lahm is the best Philipp Lahm there ever was or ever will be. Looking at a new RB with a Lahm-tinted perspective is a recipe for disaster.
I think it's quite stupid for two reasons to apply the logic FreeBird did, although it wasn't what I was actually referring to in the first place (hence I didn't quote the whole post). The first reason is that the game changes, which means that a player who became a legend will ultimately be "replaced" by a modern player who has the potential to become a legend as well. Does that make me forget the legend? Well, Butt, Rensing and Kraft didn't make me forget Kahn, but Neuer did. And by forget I mean Neuer never made me wish Kahn was still in the goal. The second reason is that I always find it funny and somewhat ridiculous when people talk about legends from 40+ years ago like they saw them play all the games and mention them in the context of current game and players, especially in comparison. Like Lewandowski and Gerd Müller, for example. Müller, nor any old legend, doesn't actually have much, if any, relevance to the modern game. Legends belong in the past, that's why they're called legends. But again, my original post referred to FreeBird suggesting Kimmich can never become the player Lahm was, which simply isn't true. When Lahm was the same age as Kimmich is now, not many expected him to become exactly the player he did become.

Quote:
The bottom half was directly related to the top half. It didn't matter how great Kimmich becomes it doesn't fit lahm light except in the minds of simpletons with no memory or respect for the past.
What doesn't fit Lahm? Anyways, if Kimmich becomes "the new Lahm", then I won't miss Lahm at all. That being said, it doesn't mean that I don't respect Lahm's legacy. Lahm was and still is my first and foremost favorite player. Only a simpleton gets stuck in the past, though.

Quote:
Yes, actually, I have access to plenty of replays that include each and every one of those players on teams from long before I even existed, and given my downtime in the past spent many days just watching the sped up/shortened replays and highlights of the 60's and 70's
And do you think those players would excel in the modern game?

Quote:
Your attitude is simply appalling on this. A current player won't ever diminish a legend no matter how good they get.

Ronaldo > CR7 in millions of people's minds.

Michael Jordan > LeBron James in millions of people's minds.
I didn't say, nor did I suggest, that a current player would diminish a legend.

Quote:
And it doesn't matter what their contemporaries do, how great they are, how many records they break. The originals will always be rated and remembered by those with knowledge and respect.
And who are the originals, by the way? You do know that Bayern is over a 100 years old, which means that surely Gerd Müller, Uli, Breitner, Meier and co. can't be the "originals", right? And it does matter what their contemporaries do, and if you claim otherwise, then you lack knowledge and respect. Legends are legends, let them be in the past, and let the current players become legends of the future. Your thinking is seriously a bit off in this regard.

Quote:
To suggest otherwise as you are, and touting my logic as flawed, signifies your lack of respect and remembrance of those that came before. Which is perfectly fine, and your right. But I can't take any fan seriously who refuses to acknowledge the past, and learn the history of the teams they support.
I have a lot of respect for the legends. Unlike you, though, I also have a lot of respect for the current players. And I find it ridiculous that you try to act holier than thou without acknowledging that your logic indeed is flawed, or at least you present it in a flawed manner.

Quote:
In other words you have proven with your tone and stance to be of little value in the realm of discussion for me moving forward.
I'm sorry but you don't seem to be able to offer much value in this. But hey, nice meme, good for you.

Last edited by micky; 19-05-2017 at 01:36.
BZ Squad member22
Old 19-05-2017, 02:31   #928
Bayer
Wodan Heerst

By the way, didn't Kimmich play as RB in a 3-men defense for Germany thus far? 'Cause that makes a difference!
BZ Squad member3
Old 19-05-2017, 12:05   #929
mea95
Mea San Mea

We won't forget Lahm , but he can replace him

I said he can make us forget that Lahm is Irreplaceable
Old 19-05-2017, 14:18   #930
Muller25
BZ Member

Lahm is a legend and not just a Bayern legend. RB is an unsexy position that no one really cares about, and he's made that position in the last decade worth noting all by himself. Kimmich cant replace him, but K9immich can start his own legacy and use Lahm as a model to immolate his game after.
BZ Squad member58