Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

View Poll Results: Does Xabi Alonso's thread belong to the Hall of Fame?
Yes 6 33.33%
No 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2017, 08:34   #631
FCBartek
BZ Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 732
Likes: 51
he should be substitute, coming in when game is finished in 60-70 minute, and not a starter. We should play with Vidal-Thiago + Muller in most important games and everyone would be ok with him
FCBartek is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 09:31   #632
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,030
Likes: 632
Great career and I've always liked Alonso even from his Liverpool days. But tomorrow is all about Lahm. Alonso has only played here 3 years and at the end of his career. Lahm has been here for 22 years. And will go down as arguably the best RB ever.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 15:40   #633
Effenbergfan
Der Tiger
 
Effenbergfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 2,096
Likes: 497
1) When will we move this great player to the hall of fame part of the forum?

2) I love how he still speaks German very well. Others are here for many more years and don't seem to be able to do it like this.

3) If he goes on with his trainerlicense, he will coach Bayern in the future. Kinda looking forward to that moment, masterbrain and doesn't need to move or run during a match

BZ Squad member2
Effenbergfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 15:44   #634
EM1R
on a suicide watch
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Tuzla
Posts: 7,380
Likes: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effenbergfan View Post
1) When will we move this great player to the hall of fame part of the forum?

2) I love how he still speaks German very well. Others are here for many more years and don't seem to be able to do it like this.

3) If he goes on with his trainerlicense, he will coach Bayern in the future. Kinda looking forward to that moment, masterbrain and doesn't need to move or run during a match

Just don't remind me of that, please.

I'm also looking forward to it. Hope he'll coach us in future.
BZ Squad member21
EM1R is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 16:12   #635
OnlyInsider
BZ Member
 
OnlyInsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Esbjerg
Posts: 6,874
Likes: 1479
I love Xabi. Never understod the “hate” he at times recived from some Bayern fans. Such a likeable and classy player and person. He was “only” here for 3 years, but the way he talks about the club and respect it makes him close to a legend, not even kidding.

Hope he can come back to the club one day.
BZ Squad member6
OnlyInsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 16:49   #636
PCapitalist
BZ Member
 
PCapitalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,436
Likes: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
I love Xabi. Never understod the “hate” he at times recived from some Bayern fans. Such a likeable and classy player and person. He was “only” here for 3 years, but the way he talks about the club and respect it makes him close to a legend, not even kidding.

Hope he can come back to the club one day.
Indeed. It wad a shame that he arrived when his legs were no longer at their prime, but he could still pass like a god. It was also not his fault that Ancelotti and Pep overplayed him.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PCapitalist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 23:04   #637
kailip
Censored by Gray
 
kailip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,001
Likes: 63
It would be awesome if he coached Bayern someday.
BZ Squad member11
kailip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 23:40   #638
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,030
Likes: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailip View Post
It would be awesome if he coached Bayern someday.
Unfortunately I think we’d be his 3rd choice. I’m sure he’d rather coach Real Madrid and Liverpool.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 02:27   #639
OnlyInsider
BZ Member
 
OnlyInsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Esbjerg
Posts: 6,874
Likes: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
Unfortunately I think we’d be his 3rd choice. I’m sure he’d rather coach Real Madrid and Liverpool.
I dont think so. He only said nice things about Bayern and he seems to love the club also.
BZ Squad member6
OnlyInsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 02:52   #640
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 21,268
Likes: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effenbergfan View Post
1) When will we move this great player to the hall of fame part of the forum?
Done, good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
Unfortunately I think we’d be his 3rd choice. I’m sure he’d rather coach Real Madrid and Liverpool.
Never forget the importance of recency bias!
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 03:15   #641
DonAK
Valmierda
 
DonAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,181
Likes: 207
I think his first choice is his home team. Real Sociedad then it depends on how well he does. He's played under so many different managers with different styles and personalities so he's a very intriguing managerial prospect.
DonAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 03:30   #642
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,030
Likes: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
I think his first choice is his home team. Real Sociedad then it depends on how well he does. He's played under so many different managers with different styles and personalities so he's a very intriguing managerial prospect.
I think he's respected enough to get a better job than Sociedad initially. That's just my opinion. I could see us looking to start getting Lahm into coaching in the coming years as well.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 03:40   #643
DonAK
Valmierda
 
DonAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,181
Likes: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
I think he's respected enough to get a better job than Sociedad initially. That's just my opinion. I could see us looking to start getting Lahm into coaching in the coming years as well.
He said himself he want to coach Real Sociedad if he becomes a manager. It's a good starting point. Not everyone becomes as successful as Zidane and Pep were in their first jobs at Real Madrid and Barcelona. They're outliers.
DonAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 13:44   #644
PCapitalist
BZ Member
 
PCapitalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,436
Likes: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
I think he's respected enough to get a better job than Sociedad initially. That's just my opinion. I could see us looking to start getting Lahm into coaching in the coming years as well.
I think Lahm said a couple of years back that he wouldn't see himself in coaching. I think he is destined to management.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PCapitalist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 06:57   #645
Jesmar84
BZ Member
 
Jesmar84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Birkirkara
Posts: 402
Likes: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
He said himself he want to coach Real Sociedad if he becomes a manager. It's a good starting point. Not everyone becomes as successful as Zidane and Pep were in their first jobs at Real Madrid and Barcelona. They're outliers.
You can replace successful with lucky

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Jesmar84 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


Follow BayernZone on Facebook Follow BayernZone on Twitter Contact Us

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:38.

Sponsors: Your link here? | Your link here? | Your link here?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Allianz Arena icon by luca1980 / CC BY / Recolored

©2009 - 2017 BayernZone.com
This is a fan forum that is in no way affiliated with FC Bayern München AG.