Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > General > Announcements

Old 03-04-2017, 13:09   #1
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Forum updates

Hey everyone,

Following a worldwide trend of "the new people in charge break everything with their dumb ideas", we figured we'd try our hand at updating the forums to make them more enjoyable for everyone as well as improving usability. What we've changed is as follows:
  • New layout!
We've shuffled the forums around in order to facilitate discussion.
  • The Lounge and Predictions have been moved together with the Announcements and Support sub-forums in a "General" (i.e. non-football related) sub forum.
  • The Players forum has been overhauled. Previously, all talk about previous players and coaches was relegated to a single thread, which could get messy. We thought that could be improved, so now there's a Hall of Fame sub-forum, where all old threads from the Players and Coaches forum is moved to.
    This means that if you want to discuss Schweinsteiger, you can continue doing so in his old thread, instead of having to lump it together with any ongoing discussions about Guardiola, Götze, or even Van Buyten.
  • The Football Talk forum was renamed and reorganized. While the Bundesliga retains its own subforum, we decided to split the "World Football" subforum into more manageable categories.
    You can now discuss European Leagues on their own subforum, and even create a thread for your favourite league if you'd like, no matter what league as long as it's UEFA. Then there is a subforum for the rest of the world, same rules - no longer lumping all talk from a whole continent into a single thread. Finally, there's a forum for international games, relating to national teams and their competitions.
    The old threads have been moved around, but we encourage you, the user, to create threads for the different leagues/competitions you want to discuss.
  • Games have been grouped together behind the scenes. This is in preparation for a future update, in order to get them on a semi-regular schedule.
    As a reminder, the games are currently Miss BZ, BZFL, and Predictions - if you have any ideas, do pitch them! We also intend to bring back the Hot Seat in a more interesting fashion. Seeing as Predictions is still active, it is separate from the rest for now.

We understand that the new layout can be a bit confusing at first, and all change is hard. All we ask is that you give it a whirl, and let us know any improvements which can be made.
  • Squad numbers cleanup
We took a long hard look at the current list of Squad Members and updated the list. If you want to change your current number, take a look and ask!

A special note: the number 7 has been retired in honor of Trim, the former owner of the site, who used to have that number. Much like in clubs around the world, the number will forever be linked to him, and is his to wear. If he decides to come back, his new account will be granted that number. Otherwise, the number will go unworn.
That is all for now. Play around with the new layout and give as much feedback as you can!
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 03-04-2017, 13:18   #2
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

Hey Garci. The forum is looking good, nice job. I don't know if it's just happening for me but the bundesliga link on the home page is taking me to our match day threads rather than general bundesliga talk. Just thought I would give you a heads up!

Can I change my number to 25 by any chance?
BZ Squad member25
Old 03-04-2017, 13:25   #3
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Hah, fuck! The forum is called the same as the Bundesliga sub-forum from our matches, nice catch! I'll change the name of it so it works better. No wonder it was called "German Football" before.

Check your squad number
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 03-04-2017, 13:33   #4
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garci View Post
Hah, fuck! The forum is called the same as the Bundesliga sub-forum from our matches, nice catch! I'll change the name of it so it works better. No wonder it was called "German Football" before.

Check your squad number
That's awesome, thanks bro! I feel like you're like our step dad or something now that Trim has gone.

Thanks new dad
BZ Squad member25
Old 03-04-2017, 18:11   #5
RJNair
All the way UP!

Really digging this sweet new layout. Great work, Garci & the mods!

I have one suggestion which is small. Will PM it.
BZ Squad member9
Old 03-04-2017, 18:15   #6
mea95
Mea San Mea

this new layout looks great

Good job
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 03-04-2017, 18:54   #7
Wavy
Asshole in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJNair View Post
Really digging this sweet new layout. Great work, Garci & the mods!

I have one suggestion which is small. Will PM it.
This is all Garci, we just pitched in with some new ideas.

As you can see, Garci is doing a tremendous job to fill Trim's shoes, something which is pretty hard to do but he is managing all right.

Don't hesitate to give ideas that might improve the forums. We're looking forward to making BZ better everyday.

Great work Garci.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 03-04-2017, 19:09   #8
kailip
WHERE'S MY DAMN SHOE

A bit of a minor thing, but I think the Announcements subforum could be moved down two notches so that The Lounge and Predictions are more easily seen.

Yes, I know, Announcements are big things that should be easily seen too, but the thing is, the way I see it, The Lounge and Predictions subforum are simply way more used than the Announcements subforum, so in a way it makes sense to me that they should be higher and more visible.

Minor thing though, either way works tbh.
BZ Squad member11
Old 03-04-2017, 19:24   #9
Wavy
Asshole in charge

Precisely for that reason they should stay where they are. Announcements are a relatively rare thing on BZ, so yeah, you'll see the other two threads "glowing" more often.
Old 03-04-2017, 19:52   #10
kailip
WHERE'S MY DAMN SHOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
Precisely for that reason they should stay where they are. Announcements are a relatively rare thing on BZ, so yeah, you'll see the other two threads "glowing" more often.
So you agree with my point.
BZ Squad member11
Old 03-04-2017, 19:56   #11
Wavy
Asshole in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailip View Post
So you agree with my point.
No.
Old 03-04-2017, 20:00   #12
kailip
WHERE'S MY DAMN SHOE

Quote:
No.
You sort of explained my point after I already had then disagreed with it.

Is it reverse day or something?
BZ Squad member11
Old 03-04-2017, 20:08   #13
Wavy
Asshole in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailip View Post
You sort of explained my point after I already had then disagreed with it.

Is it reverse day or something?
Announcements won't glow often, that's why we need it to get your attention when it does.
Old 03-04-2017, 22:42   #14
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Nothing beats a pink wavy for attention.

I'd like 21 for a squad number unless it's also retired.
BZ Squad member21
Old 04-04-2017, 04:20   #15
kailip
WHERE'S MY DAMN SHOE

Quote:
Announcements won't glow often, that's why we need it to get your attention when it does.
And yet by your words the other forums flaring up bring attention enough.

I guess as I said it's something that doesn't really change much, just a nitpick.
BZ Squad member11