Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > International Competitions

Old 29-06-2017, 00:45   #196
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosoo2 View Post
fans of any teams like some players more than others, and sometimes, the fan-base get divided on certain players, like vidal in this case, some rate/like him and others can't stand him. but that's not the problem, and shouldn't be.

the problem is repeating the madrid propaganda regarding that infamous game.as if the second yellow was justified. that vidal tackle on asensio was cleaner than unused condom, that referee screwed us over not vidal. that game was simply a robbery in broad daylight, and it's strange why bayern fans keep repeating made up stuff by mardid fans to justify kassai's debacle.

all the blame should be aimed at kassai and not vidal or the coach. and if you wanna blame someone, blame martinez who screwed us over in the first leg with two stupid unnecessary fouls. vidal along with neuer were the only two players who showed up big time in both those games.(note: robben was good, especially in the second leg, but not as those two)
This my friend!
BZ Squad member6
Old 29-06-2017, 00:48   #197
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
Indeed, and even after that bad season Juve fans didn't want to get rid of him and they were quite frustrated to see him leaving. Some friends of mine still admit to be sad whenever they see his name on the scoresheet for us. He really left a lot in Turin.
Yeah, its also my impression that they miss him a lot. He was so good for them in 2012-14 its crazy.

I even think he scored something like 18 goals in one season in Serie A? Can't remember the exact number, and many of them were penalties but its still damn impressive
BZ Squad member6
Old 29-06-2017, 00:52   #198
Bayer
Deep Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Yeah, its also my impression that they miss him a lot. He was so good for them in 2012-14 its crazy.

I even think he scored something like 18 goals in one season in Serie A? Can't remember the exact number, and many of them were penalties but its still damn impressive
They miss him because he almost single-handedly carried them in the CL in the first two seasons. Especially in the game vs Chelsea when he played as injured and still managed to score the goal which eventually made them come back into the game. And he played 2 awesome games vs Real Madrid the season later. He was beast in Serie A. And they all saw him as the symbol of their club.
BZ Squad member3
Old 29-06-2017, 00:56   #199
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
I think its you who needs to get the memory refreshed. Vidal wasnt benched (and why the fuck should they bench him anyway, as their best midfielder?)

Juventus 0 - 2 Bayern München Match preview - 4/11/13 UEFA Champions League - Goal.com

Its not a fact just because you like to think so. And no he was not their worst midfielder against us, Infact he was one of the only Juventus players who played well in the first half, if you dont belive me then visit juventuz and read the match thread.

You must have been on another planet if you really think Vidal was shit for Juventus that season. He was even voted as their best player at the end of 2013.

Vidal named Calciomio.fr?s 2013 player of the year - Juventus.com

And player of the season too

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.co...-of-the-season

It seems like you like to make things up?
Why the vitriol, dude? You always do this, its tiring. No one was yelling until now. You've misinterpreted about 10 different things and jumped to about 7 different conclusions, just to yell at me.

Vidal played no part in the second match, and he was not injured. Neither seems debatable for me.

Sources:

Juventus Turin - Bayern München 0:2, Champions League, Saison 2012/13, 8.Spieltag - Taktische Aufstellung - kicker

https://www.transfermarkt.com/arturo.../spieler/37666

Second, I'm ignoring everything you're writing about Vidal being amazing that season - because no where did I say that he anything but great during 2012-13. All I said was that 1.) Schweinsteiger (and, in this case, Gustavo) played better than him, and 2.) Scheinsteiger neutralized him on the pitch.

As far as the second claim goes, it's entirely subjective and stats aren't going to change what I actually saw (which is good, since the stats dont really seem to contradict it, as best as I can tell). Simply put, Bayern utterly neutered Vidal during the first leg. They neutered him so badly that they didn't even play him in match 2. It was not a good game for Vidal, and it was not a good game for Juve. Maybe Juve's team failure had a much greater impact for you than Vidal's individual failures, but I watched that game with my eye on Vidal (my heart bitter from his rejection in 2012). I know exactly what I saw, and that was a KING Schweinsteiger and a PEASANT Vidal

Now, I'll stress again, for what feels like the 10th time. Vidal back then was one of my favorite players - in no way is this supposed to be a claim that Vidal was bad, far from it. This all started because you said Vidal was the best midfielder in the world that year, and I really don't think that's true, or even a majority opinion. Can't we argue civilly?
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 29-06-2017, 01:00   #200
Grey
Free Cascadia

And just to set the record straight, Vidal's yellow-red was 100% deserved.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I'm surprised any Bayern fan can stomach defending this, knowing full well he lost us the CL.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:05   #201
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Why the vitriol, dude? You always do this, its tiring. No one was yelling until now. You've misinterpreted about 10 different things and jumped to about 7 different conclusions, just to yell at me.

Vidal played no part in the second match, and he was not injured. Neither seems debatable for me.

Sources:

Juventus Turin - Bayern München 0:2, Champions League, Saison 2012/13, 8.Spieltag - Taktische Aufstellung - kicker

https://www.transfermarkt.com/arturo.../spieler/37666

Second, I'm ignoring everything you're writing about Vidal being amazing that season - because no where did I say that he anything but great during 2012-13. All I said was that 1.) Schweinsteiger (and, in this case, Gustavo) played better than him, and 2.) Scheinsteiger neutralized him on the pitch.

As far as the second claim goes, it's entirely subjective and stats aren't going to change what I actually saw (which is good, since the stats dont really seem to contradict it, as best as I can tell). Simply put, Bayern utterly neutered Vidal during the first leg. They neutered him so badly that they didn't even play him in match 2. It was not a good game for Vidal, and it was not a good game for Juve. Maybe Juve's team failure had a much greater impact for you than Vidal's individual failures, but I watched that game with my eye on Vidal (my heart bitter from his rejection in 2012). I know exactly what I saw, and that was a KING Schweinsteiger and a PEASANT Vidal

Now, I'll stress again, for what feels like the 10th time. Vidal back then was one of my favorite players - in no way is this supposed to be a claim that Vidal was bad, far from it. This all started because you said Vidal was the best midfielder in the world that year, and I really don't think that's true, or even a majority opinion. Can't we argue civilly?
Im not yelling and im being very civil here. But you said you were unimpressed by him the whole 2012-2013, how can you be that when he was the player of the season for Juventus?

I guess you mistake seasons.

Second you said he was benched for the second leg which wasnt true and I showed that. When I say he was the best midfielder its not like he was a country mile better than Schweini or Javi, its in the small. But he was truly amazing (even more than the two Bayern misfielders that season IMO), and thats why I say he was the best.

You keep saying they benched him for the second leg when its not true, this sums up pretty well my point really. If you checked the article he was suspended.

About the Bayern - Juventus matches in 2013, we crushed them I fully agree about that. I remember how we took to Turin and won there, we are the only team who defeated them on home soil in CL

Last edited by OnlyInsider; 29-06-2017 at 01:10.
BZ Squad member6
Old 29-06-2017, 01:20   #202
roosoo2
BZ Member

Quote:
And just to set the record straight, Vidal's yellow-red was 100% deserved.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I'm surprised any Bayern fan can stomach defending this, knowing full well he lost us the CL.
i don't think it's a foul, not mention a yellow, and especially not a second yellow. both him and asensio were competing for the ball and vidal was simply faster. if whenever a defender touches attacking player is considered foul, then "clean tackles" will be much rarer than goals, as 99% players touch each other one way or another.

again as i see it, vidal was faster to the ball, they both were competing for the ball, and both feet merely touched each other.

Last edited by roosoo2; 29-06-2017 at 01:28.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:25   #203
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Im not yelling and im being very civil here. But you said you were unimpressed by him the whole 2012-2013, how can you be that when he was the player of the season for Juventus?

I guess you mistake seasons.

Second you said he was benched for the second leg which wasnt true and I showed that. When I say he was the best midfielder its not like he was a country mile better than Schweini or Javi, its in the small. But he was truly amazing (even more than the two Bayern misfielders that season IMO), and thats why I say he was the best.

You keep saying they benched him for the second leg when its not true, this sums up pretty well my point really. If you checked the article he was suspended.

About the Bayern - Juventus matches in 2013, we crushed them I fully agree about that. I remember how we took to Turin and won there, we are the only team who defeated them on home soil in CL
I said I wasn't impressed in comparison with Schweinsteiger, which was the whole reason we had that convo. Gotta keep up

My bad on him being benched, but the point remains the same. Schweinsteiger and Gustavo utterly brutalized him. Also ironic consider the whole origin of this post is Vidal's stupidity, and suspending yourself against Bayern seems like a clear point against him lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosoo2 View Post
i don't think it's a foul, not mention a yellow, and especially not a second yellow. both him and asensio were competing for the ball and vidal was simply faster. if whenever a defender touches attacking player is considered foul, then "clean tackles" will be much rarer than goals, as 99% players touch each other one way or another.

as i see it, vidal was faster to the ball, they both were competing for the ball, and both feet merely touched each other.
This is a nice mental backflip but the point remains that it WAS a foul and it WAS a stupid play and Vidal lost us the match. Why bother with the gymnastics?

Last edited by Grey; 29-06-2017 at 01:27.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:25   #204
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

@ Grey

If you get back to me I can't answer it right now, as im using a shitty phone. What we can agree about is that Vidal needs to show more this season than the previous one. 2016-17 was a below average season for him.

Lets see how he will do this year.
BZ Squad member6
Old 29-06-2017, 01:25   #205
Bayer
Deep Mayo

Vidal touches the ball first and before than Asensio. By the way Arturo doesn't even look at Asensio, therefore no intention either. His main focus is on the ball so it ain't a foul, let alone the second yellow. I might give that being already charged with a yellow he shouldn't go for that tackle but then again that's what the ref is there for. Not even the Italian refs in the Italian TV studio commenting the game could justify this, despite everyone cheering against Bayern as usual.
BZ Squad member3
Old 29-06-2017, 01:27   #206
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Quote:
I said I wasn't impressed in comparison with Schweinsteiger, which was the whole reason we had that convo. Gotta keep up

My bad on him being bnehc, but the point remains the same. Schweinsteiger and Gustavo utterly brutalized him.
Okay then. And its okay with the benched part, just had to point it out as it simply wasnt true but no worries.
BZ Squad member6
Old 29-06-2017, 01:28   #207
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
Vidal touches the ball first and before than Asensio. By the way Arturo doesn't even look at Asensio, therefore no intention either. His main focus is on the ball so it ain't a foul, let alone the second yellow. I might give that being already charged with a yellow he shouldn't go for that tackle but then again that's what the ref is there for. Not even the Italian refs in the Italian TV studio commenting the game could justify this, despite everyone cheering against Bayern as usual.
Nope. Not in a million years. Watch again. Kick on the foot, then the ball - in THAT order.

(Just because I know I'm right and I wanna start a flame war about it: Schweinsteiger's 2nd yellow against Manchester in 2014 was also deserved, and he made contact with Rooney's foot before the ball)

Last edited by Grey; 29-06-2017 at 01:32.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:33   #208
misafeco
We Lose As A Team

Quote:
This is a nice mental backflip but the point remains that it WAS a foul and it WAS a stupid play and Vidal lost us the match. Why bother with the gymnastics?
It wasn't. It's an 50-50 situation, they both go for the ball, a little touch with the feet, Vidal kicks the ball away. Not that it really matters now.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:36   #209
misafeco
We Lose As A Team

Quote:
Nope. Not in a million years. Watch again. Kick on the foot, then the ball - in THAT order.
You can actually argue that Asensio kicked Vidal's foot.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:37   #210
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by misafeco View Post
It wasn't. It's an 50-50 situation, they both go for the ball, a little touch with the feet, Vidal kicks the ball away. Not that it really matters now.
In what world is there any nuance whatsoever about hitting the man before the ball? Am I on crazy pills? You hit the man before you hit the ball, it's a foul. I don't care how you want to justify it. Don't hit the man before you hit the ball. And to do that in the dying breath of a game going into extra time, on a yellow...I mean how stupid can you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misafeco View Post
You can actually argue that Asensio kicked Vidal's foot.
I supposed you can argue the moon is made of cheese too.