Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

Old 19-08-2019, 09:45   #4846
mavros
DFB-FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeta View Post
Mavros do you even watch full matches of Kroos or just his highlights on YouTube?
Much more than you.....that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaSchofield View Post
Kroos is German so Mavros will always prefer him to Thiago no matter what
You're both out of time and place.... and I wouldn't argue with any of you
BZ Squad member17
Old 19-08-2019, 09:48   #4847
Argeta
BZ Member

You must be pretty blind then if you really think Kroos defensive qualities come any close to Thiagos..
BZ Squad member96
Old 19-08-2019, 10:28   #4848
mavros
DFB-FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeta View Post
You must be pretty blind then if you really think Kroos defensive qualities come any close to Thiagos..
I never compared their defencive qualities mate, cause simply Kroos isn't Bayern player anymore and he can't claim Thiago's position.

I sipmly stated that Thiago is not in #6 position as good as he is in #8 or #10.

The fact that I consider him as a better player than Thiago is something totally subjective.

Kroos is not a #6 either
BZ Squad member17
Old 19-08-2019, 12:26   #4849
MihailT
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Ηe ia already mate, without needing your respectful opinion.

The only German with 4 CL trophies in history.

WC winner with the mannschaft and the main cornerstone in humiliating Brasil inside their own home!

And just for Academic reasons....still searching for the exception that proves the rule (as Grey said). I can give you 4 times Thiago gave away easily the ball in the recent Dortmund game and the in one of them they scored (just for the sake of my initial arguement).

2:19 1st goal.......

This specific video analysis explains my thoughts about Thiago being used wrongly in #6 position vs good counter attacking teams.
Focus at 5:07

As for the Korean game.....really now, you consider this as anything more than bad luck?

Cheers
Right, the only German with 4 CL titles, but 3 of those are a story of Spanish (and UEFA corruption) winning the day. His first CL title was a gift by the rest of the Bayern squad and he played no role in it.

The Brazilians in 2014 were so outclassed in the 7:1 match, that it doesn't really matter who the MotM was. The nearly gifted goal to Argentina is a much more memorable moment than scoring 2 out of 7 goals against a team that fell apart within 25 minutes of a game.

You might call me crazy, but I'd say that Neuer's performances against Algeria and Argentina were much more crucial for the Germans winning the WC than anything Kroos did in that tournament.
The above post is liked by:
DanaSchofield (19-08-2019)
Old 19-08-2019, 14:39   #4850
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
His first CL title was a gift by the rest of the Bayern squad and he played no role in it.
That's a little unfair. Yes, he was injured before the Barca matches and the final, but he was tremendously important for us up through Juventus. In fact, the only reason that we didn't feel Kroos's injury too much is because Arjen Robben was finding form at that exact moment. Before Kroos's injury, Robben was in poor form and/or suffering from injuries himself. Having Kroos in the team made it so that we could still field an A-class team in every position.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 19-08-2019, 14:49   #4851
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
That's a little unfair. Yes, he was injured before the Barca matches and the final, but he was tremendously important for us up through Juventus. In fact, the only reason that we didn't feel Kroos's injury too much is because Arjen Robben was finding form at that exact moment. Before Kroos's injury, Robben was in poor form and/or suffering from injuries himself. Having Kroos in the team made it so that we could still field an A-class team in every position.
Not quite accurate, Kroos was injuird early in the first half during the first Juventus match. He had no impact on both of those games as well.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Old 19-08-2019, 14:50   #4852
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
Not quite accurate, Kroos was injuird early in the first half during the first Juventus match. He had no impact on both of those games as well.
So I slightly misremembered the timing

Point still stands: Kroos was enormously important for getting us that far.
Old 19-08-2019, 14:54   #4853
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

Quote:
That is historically incorrect
Kroos injured just after 15 min in the 1st leg against Juventus, and frankly the team looked better instantly

But yeah I agree on the second part that he helped Robben to find his form.

However, I can't think of a less contribution for a CL " winner ".. at least, we can't say he is better than X because he achieved such a title.
BZ Squad member99
Old 19-08-2019, 14:55   #4854
Grey
Free Cascadia

So replace "up through" with "up to." I can't believe two people felt the need to point this out lmao.
Old 19-08-2019, 15:15   #4855
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Quote:
So replace "up through" with "up to." I can't believe two people felt the need to point this out lmao.
If he had an impact on those two games it changes a lot in the favor of your argument.
He may had an impact on the season as a whole but not on the CL as we went through the most critical stage of it without him, Infact as Die Roten Min said we actually became much better without him.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Old 19-08-2019, 15:17   #4856
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
That is historically incorrect
Kroos injured just after 15 min in the 1st leg against Juventus, and frankly the team looked better instantly

But yeah I agree on the second part that he helped Robben to find his form.

However, I can't think of a less contribution for a CL " winner ".. at least, we can't say he is better than X because he achieved such a title.
Take Kroos out against Arsenal and we're out. I'd say that's a pretty great contribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
If he had an impact on those two games it changes a lot in the favor of your argument.
He may had an impact on the season as a whole but not on the CL as we went through the most critical stage of it without him, Infact as Die Roten Min said we actually became much better without him.
I don't think we became "much better" without Kroos, what really helped was that everyone else rose up to occasion after his injury. Also, having peak Robben as sub option really helped.

Last edited by L4nd3r; 19-08-2019 at 15:22.
BZ Squad member27
Old 19-08-2019, 15:26   #4857
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Quote:
So I slightly misremembered the timing

Point still stands: Kroos was enormously important for getting us that far.
I still remember his superb goal against Arsenal in our treble winning season, but the one the year after was even better.

BZ Squad member6
franz (19-08-2019)
Old 19-08-2019, 16:24   #4858
franz
BZ Member

Bayern always had great midfielders. At least since i started to follow this team in 2011/12... Schweinsteiger and Kroos, Javi (12/13), then Thiago and Xabi Alonso (not in his prime but i enjoyed a legend like him playing for us), Vidal...

Just look at this 2014 match against Arsenal... Javi, Kroos, Thiago and Götze. Against Barcelona in 2015, i can be wrong, but i think we had a Lahm-Alonso-Schweinsteiger midfield? Last seasons with James and Thiago, now Thiago and Coutinho... Thats a great midfield legacy.
Old 19-08-2019, 16:41   #4859
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
Bayern always had great midfielders. At least since i started to follow this team in 2011/12... Schweinsteiger and Kroos, Javi (12/13), then Thiago and Xabi Alonso (not in his prime but i enjoyed a legend like him playing for us), Vidal...

Just look at this 2014 match against Arsenal... Javi, Kroos, Thiago and Götze. Against Barcelona in 2015, i can be wrong, but i think we had a Lahm-Alonso-Schweinsteiger midfield? Last seasons with James and Thiago, now Thiago and Coutinho... Thats a great midfield legacy.
And we had one of the greatest midfielders of all time too.

BZ Squad member6
Determinator (22-08-2019), mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 19-08-2019, 16:50   #4860
Blackroze
BZ Member

Do we have a hall of useless discussions here on BZ, because this fits right in there. Honestly who cares. He is a scumbag mercenary, who chose money above anything else and his latter employer got a 3 fitting champions league titles totally fitting to his scumbag attitude. I can't care less if he is good or bad or if he really deserved those titles or not. He is a scumbag and does not deserve to have his name anywhere near my club's name. That's all.
16/17 Predictions Winner
DanaSchofield (20-08-2019), Determinator (22-08-2019), MihailT (19-08-2019), Sakujo (19-08-2019)