Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2019, 17:33   #4861
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 7,491
Likes: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroze View Post
Do we have a hall of useless discussions here on BZ, because this fits right in there. Honestly who cares. He is a scumbag mercenary, who chose money above anything else and his latter employer got a 3 fitting champions league titles totally fitting to his scumbag attitude. I can't care less if he is good or bad or if he really deserved those titles or not. He is a scumbag and does not deserve to have his name anywhere near my club's name. That's all.
lol wat. He's a mercenary because he asked for a better contract that would've put him on par with Gotze. The Bayern board made his choice pretty easy since they didn't really want him and were undervaluing him (i mean, they sold him for peanuts).
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 19-08-2019, 17:34   #4862
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 21,268
Likes: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
If he had an impact on those two games it changes a lot in the favor of your argument.
He may had an impact on the season as a whole but not on the CL as we went through the most critical stage of it without him, Infact as Die Roten Min said we actually became much better without him.
Not even remotely true. Re-read my argument.

I thought he was injured in game 2, he was actually injured in game 1. So what? My argument does not depend on when he was injured: Without a fit Arjen Robben to replace him, we would have had to play a Gustavo-Martinez midfield in order to make up for Kroos's absence, likely by moving Schweinsteiger to CAM. Do you really, sincerely, believe that we would have managed to make it past Arsenal? Keep in mind, we only managed to beat Arsenal on away goals with arguably the best Bayern team in all history. If even one of those pieces - Kroos included - were missing, we wouldn't have made it past the round of 16.

What possible importance does game 1 or 2 against Juve have?

Keep in mind the comment that initiated my response:

Quote:
His first CL title was a gift by the rest of the Bayern squad and he played no role in it.
This is patently, empirically false.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 19-08-2019, 19:10   #4863
mea95
Mea San Mea
 
mea95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rennes
Posts: 20,917
Likes: 2130
I don't want to go into Kroos vs Thiago debate

But Kroos winning 4 CL titles is a bad argument IMO
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
mea95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
L4nd3r (19-08-2019)
Old 19-08-2019, 20:33   #4864
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn
 
Sakujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tripoli
Posts: 7,736
Likes: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Not even remotely true. Re-read my argument.

I thought he was injured in game 2, he was actually injured in game 1. So what? My argument does not depend on when he was injured: Without a fit Arjen Robben to replace him, we would have had to play a Gustavo-Martinez midfield in order to make up for Kroos's absence, likely by moving Schweinsteiger to CAM. Do you really, sincerely, believe that we would have managed to make it past Arsenal? Keep in mind, we only managed to beat Arsenal on away goals with arguably the best Bayern team in all history. If even one of those pieces - Kroos included - were missing, we wouldn't have made it past the round of 16.

What possible importance does game 1 or 2 against Juve have?

Keep in mind the comment that initiated my response:



This is patently, empirically false.
what does Robben has to do with Kroos? did Kroos had anything to do with the fact that Robben was fit and in form?

the answer is no, then Kroos had no impact on the most crucial part of that year's CL.
he wasn't there in the though KO games .. the ones that matters at least, because I am sure we would have beaten Arsenal with or without him.

Tactically the team benefited of his injury, his injury put Muller back on the SS position, with Robben on the RW & Basti as our Box-to-Box Midfielder. we became much more faster and lethal on our counters and we benefited of Basti's presence in midfield defensively ..

indeed 2013's CL was a gift to the snake. anyway I don't care with this argument anymore .. fuck him.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Sakujo is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 20:49   #4865
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 7,491
Likes: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
what does Robben has to do with Kroos? did Kroos had anything to do with the fact that Robben was fit and in form?

the answer is no, then Kroos had no impact on the most crucial part of that year's CL.
he wasn't there in the though KO games .. the ones that matters at least, because I am sure we would have beaten Arsenal with or without him.

Tactically the team benefited of his injury, his injury put Muller back on the SS position, with Robben on the RW & Basti as our Box-to-Box Midfielder. we became much more faster and lethal on our counters and we benefited of Basti's presence in midfield defensively ..

indeed 2013's CL was a gift to the snake. anyway I don't care with this argument anymore .. fuck him.
How can you be that sure when Robben failed to score against them despite playing 90 minutes at Allianz? His goal away was the difference between us going out or through, no amount of revisionism is going to change this.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Grey (20-08-2019), mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 19-08-2019, 21:12   #4866
micky
Arp you ready?
 
micky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rhein-Neckar
Posts: 6,067
Likes: 693
Ah, the periodic Kroos debate. Sakujo you're so clearly biased against Kroos because of how he left Bayern, the fact that you call him a snake and say fuck him is proof of that. Can't take supposedly constructive arguments full of such resentment seriously. You need to watch all the games from 2012/13 again until Kroos got injured and while you do that forget about your bias, be objective. Kroos was phenomenal and instrumental until he got injured that season, and the fact that his injury didn't hinder Bayern is a testament to the quality of the team that season. And Kroos's injury allowed Schweini to play better defensively? Please, the presence of Martínez allowed Schweini to play better, both defensively and offensively, not the absence of Kroos.
BZ Squad member22
micky is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Grey (20-08-2019), L4nd3r (19-08-2019), mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 01:33   #4867
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 21,268
Likes: 2551
Just want to remind the participants that I’m a dyed-in-the-wool Kroos hater too!
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 05:50   #4868
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,519
Likes: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihailT View Post
Right, the only German with 4 CL titles, but 3 of those are a story of Spanish (and UEFA corruption) winning the day. His first CL title was a gift by the rest of the Bayern squad and he played no role in it.

The Brazilians in 2014 were so outclassed in the 7:1 match, that it doesn't really matter who the MotM was. The nearly gifted goal to Argentina is a much more memorable moment than scoring 2 out of 7 goals against a team that fell apart within 25 minutes of a game.

You might call me crazy, but I'd say that Neuer's performances against Algeria and Argentina were much more crucial for the Germans winning the WC than anything Kroos did in that tournament.
Sorry my freiend but you are illusionated!

I will only answer you in one thing, since in the rest we'd have to agree to disagree.

Humiliating Brasil by 7-1 inside their home is the biggest thing that ever happen in world football's history. Something that will never....ever happen again in 3.000.000.000 years!

Last edited by mavros; 20-08-2019 at 05:52.
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Grey (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 06:02   #4869
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 21,268
Likes: 2551
My two favorite memories since I began following this sport:

Bayern's 2012-13 CL run (the whole Treble really).
Germany's 2014 WC run.

In both, Kroos was instrumental. So as much as I want to hate the guy, I always keep my dislike for him in context with the joy he's brought me.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Determinator (22-08-2019), Giovane (20-08-2019), Kroos39 (20-08-2019), mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 06:30   #4870
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,519
Likes: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
My two favorite memories since I began following this sport:

Bayern's 2012-13 CL run (the whole Treble really).
Germany's 2014 WC run.

In both, Kroos was instrumental. So as much as I want to hate the guy, I always keep my dislike for him in context with the joy he's brought me.
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 07:53   #4871
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact
 
DanaSchofield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5,571
Likes: 719
I won't deny that Kroos is obviously a top player, but I do think that since moving to Real he has become very overrated. I also think he is an unlikable person too
BZ Squad member25
DanaSchofield is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Determinator (22-08-2019), Giovane (20-08-2019), MihailT (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 14:28   #4872
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 7,491
Likes: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaSchofield View Post
I won't deny that Kroos is obviously a top player, but I do think that since moving to Real he has become very overrated. I also think he is an unlikable person too
There aren't many top footballers that are likeable.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 15:23   #4873
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact
 
DanaSchofield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5,571
Likes: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
There aren't many top footballers that are likeable.
Neymar? Ronaldo, Suarez, Ramos? What about Diego Costa? Franck Ribery? Everyone likes Ibrahimovic right?
BZ Squad member25
DanaSchofield is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
L4nd3r (20-08-2019)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


Follow BayernZone on Facebook Follow BayernZone on Twitter Contact Us

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:51.

Sponsors: Your link here? | Your link here? | Your link here?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Allianz Arena icon by luca1980 / CC BY / Recolored

©2009 - 2017 BayernZone.com
This is a fan forum that is in no way affiliated with FC Bayern München AG.