Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Transfers

Old 28-02-2018, 21:21   #946
Tommy5Rings
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
That's what he said
he said 20m/5 years and 10m/season, which means he will get 10 m each season and 20 m over 5 years
Yeah, I first read as 20m bonus payment for 5 years + 10m salary. Essentially he will be our second or third highest paid player 14m/y which should send a nice message to other German talents with contracts expiring over the next few years

Last edited by Tommy5Rings; 28-02-2018 at 21:34.
Old 28-02-2018, 21:45   #947
bayern_fan
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy5Rings View Post
Yeah, I first read as 20m bonus payment for 5 years + 10m salary. Essentially he will be our second or third highest paid player 14m/y which should send a nice message to other German talents with contracts expiring over the next few years
why are you again putting the signing bonus with the salary? Almost every player nowdays gets a signing bonus even if the player is already on a contract the difference is that a free player will always get a bigger signing bonus because he can choose the next club as he likes.

Dont know if this sum of 20 mil is true we will never know but seeing as how barcelona,liverpool and co were after him ofcourse bayern had to offer a big signing bonus. His salary is 10 mil a year the same salary Schalke offered him although i think is a bit much given how he is still unproven player and players like Vidal and Schweini before leaving were making 10 mil a year and bayern didnt want to offer kroos 10 mil a year.

WIth the huge signing bonus we should have offered something like 7,8 mil.

In the end all of this sums are pure speculation the signing bonus and the salary
Old 28-02-2018, 21:47   #948
EM1R
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post
why are you again putting the signing bonus with the salary? Almost every player nowdays gets a signing bonus even if the player is already on a contract the difference is that a free player will always get a bigger signing bonus because he can choose the next club as he likes.

Dont know if this sum of 20 mil is true we will never know but seeing as how barcelona,liverpool and co were after him ofcourse bayern had to offer a big signing bonus. His salary is 10 mil a year the same salary Schalke offered him although i think is a bit much given how he is still unproven player and players like Vidal and Schweini before leaving were making 10 mil a year and bayern didnt want to offer kroos 10 mil a year.

In the end all of this sums are pure speculation the signing bonus and the salary
Schalke offered him €12m per year just to sign new contract, but he rejected.
Old 28-02-2018, 22:12   #949
Tommy5Rings
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post

Because it very much matters when deeming how competitive Bayern can be when transfer fees are removed from the equation.

What would be great to know is Lewy's signing bonus when he came here on a bossman. 20m over 5 years is very reasonable for a player of Goretzka's age and caliber coming on a free transfer.

I think Werner would likely get something similar if not more if he were to stay at Leipzig until his contract expires there. Of course, this is all speculation because none of us has a tax sheet to confirm but that doesn't mean wage considerations should be ignored from a fans perspective.
Old 28-02-2018, 23:47   #950
Muller25
BZ Member

This a relatively very cheap bonus all things considered. We got him for 'free' but we would have had to pay 70mill on a transfer, so we still save big time.
Old 01-03-2018, 17:01   #951
Bayer
баварский

Better handing that kind of money to our players than our competitors lol
Old 02-03-2018, 03:40   #952
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
Better handing that kind of money to our players than our competitors lol
Actually, I prefer this line the way I misread it:

"Better handing our money to our players, than handing our players to our opponents."
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 02-03-2018, 04:56   #953
Bayer
баварский

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Actually, I prefer this line the way I misread it:

"Better handing our money to our players, than handing our players to our opponents."
Haha well that's also true!
Old 12-03-2018, 15:01   #954
EM1R
BZ Member

Old 05-05-2018, 15:31   #955
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Since the transfer to Bayern was announced he has been non-existent for Schalke in their games, no goals or assists.

Worrisome.
Old 05-05-2018, 15:39   #956
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Since the transfer to Bayern was announced he has been non-existent for Schalke in their games, no goals or assists.

Worrisome.
That's not true, Schalke fans on reddit were praising him just 1 or 2 matchdays ago. I don't watch their games so I'm just relaying what they've said, but he's been delivering quality performances. Goals and assists are not the mark of a CM anyway.

Just looked up the stats: Before he announced his move to us, he had 4 goals and 0 assists. After he announced his move, he's had 0 goals and 4 assists. Weird, but certainly not a problem.

Last edited by Grey; 05-05-2018 at 15:41.
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 05-05-2018, 15:43   #957
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
That's not true, Schalke fans on reddit were praising him just 1 or 2 matchdays ago. I don't watch their games so I'm just relaying what they've said, but he's been delivering quality performances. Goals and assists are not the mark of a CM anyway.

Just looked up the stats: Before he announced his move to us, he had 4 goals and 0 assists. After he announced his move, he's had 0 goals and 4 assists. Weird, but certainly not a problem.
From what I been reading (Schalke fans as well), they said he looked like he was giving up and havent done anything noteworthy since it was annoucned.

There can be many things to it, maybe he just doesent have any hunger for Schalke anymore, doesent want to get injured just before the WC and so on and on. His form seems to have dropped though.

Yes I know goals and assists are not everyhing, but its one of his bigger trademarks though.
Old 05-05-2018, 16:39   #958
Tommy5Rings
The North Remembers

Tedesco has played pretty conservatively since they're competing for a CL spot.
Actually they haven't scored more than 2 goals in any match in 2018 which speaks to their unwilligness to commit bodies moving forward. Just think to how many times a jammy Burgstaller goal or a naldo set piece goal has decided a match.
Old 11-05-2018, 00:32   #959
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/B...ontent=article
Old 14-05-2018, 12:43   #960
EM1R
BZ Member