Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > Rest of the World

Old 17-06-2016, 03:37   #16
rohr
meeehhh

FreeBird, enlighten me on what happened to Jozy Altidore, why is he not playing? This Wood person is actually not doing a bad job, I was just wondering.
BZ Squad member13
Old 17-06-2016, 03:50   #17
FreeBird
Stand Tall

I think he pulled a Reus... Picked up an injury.
Old 17-06-2016, 03:57   #18
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Wood doesn't have Altidore strength in the box, but he is certainly terrorizing their defense with his pure speed., but this second half he's not followed through in the box as much. He's focusing on being in position to help defend the counter. Wish he'd do back to crashing the box, he could have helped on a couple of the attacks. After all its 10 v 10...
Old 17-06-2016, 03:58   #19
rohr
meeehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Wood doesn't have Altidore strength in the box, but he is certainly terrorizing their defense with his pure speed., but this second half he's not followed through in the box as much. He's focusing on being in position to help defend the counter. Wish he'd do back to crashing the box, he could have helped on a couple of the attacks. After all its 10 v 10...

Yeah, they have to recompose the midfield, maybe taking Zardes for Beckerman.
BZ Squad member13
Old 17-06-2016, 04:02   #20
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Like right there! Give Dempsey a target and to to the center of the box when he goes wide. Like Zardes JUST DID!

Slam the door!

BTW, I appreciate the volume and energy of the Outlaws, but FFS they have got to come up with better chants, and not just steal cadences from other supporter groups.
Old 17-06-2016, 04:02   #21
rohr
meeehhh

Fuck yeah!

Fuck Ecuador.
BZ Squad member13
Old 17-06-2016, 04:03   #22
rohr
meeehhh

Ecuador lost all of its firepower without Valencia.
BZ Squad member13
Old 17-06-2016, 04:04   #23
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
All kidding aside can someone, who doesn't have a sarcastic answer, enlighten me as to why in 22 years the US's strategy is still "long ball". Where they get the ball somewhere just outside their defensive box then lob a hail mary over the defense for a CF/winger to race to it before the keeper beats him to it in hopes for a 1 v 1.

That has been their primary offensive strategy since I started actively following them in 94, and through all the personnel, coaches, and formations is been the main form of "attack" and it is so annoying there has been no evolution...
Because the American college sports system is not conductive to the nurturing of truly talented players, thus USA doesn't have many (technically) talented players, thus they have to play rudimentary football

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Old 17-06-2016, 04:16   #24
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Howard aged. He has a legit excuse. Guzan is just pathetic. I get we just broke a massive record for consecutive minutes with no goal, but almost none of that was due to Guzan. He looks like a frightened child more often than not. All of his outward emotion is after being relieved from a miss /easy shot. 0 confidence in him. It's time after this competition to find the next great US keeper. There has to be one somewhere!
Old 17-06-2016, 04:30   #25
FreeBird
Stand Tall

The last 20 minutes of the USA v Ecuador game were total chaos and dispicable on both sides. USA looked scared as shit.

I think I now know what is like to be a Chelsea fan against pressing teams
Old 17-06-2016, 04:37   #26
Stansfield
spice must flow

Quote:
Like right there! Give Dempsey a target and to to the center of the box when he goes wide. Like Zardes JUST DID!

Slam the door!

BTW, I appreciate the volume and energy of the Outlaws, but FFS they have got to come up with better chants, and not just steal cadences from other supporter groups.
The Outlaws are a thoroughly embarrassing group, another result of (most) Americans and soccer I guess...

Credit to the US as they did their absolute best, special commendation to Guzan, to screw this up in the dying minutes. Nonetheless they prevailed anyway. I really had no idea they hadnt been to at least a Copa semifinal in 20 years.

I also enjoyed the manager of Ecuador not actually leaving after being ejected.
BZ Squad member18
Old 17-06-2016, 04:58   #27
FreeBird
Stand Tall

IMO the refs lost complete control in the final 25ish minutes

Allowed play with 2 balls on the field (seen others be VERY strict on that.)

Allowed play with a red-carded player still walking around on the field

Throws multiple weak yellows after the double red. Some were deserved, but like 3 were weak ass cards to hand out.

Sends the Ecuador manager off, but not a single official actually enforced it. Like Stansfield I found that comical, but still...
Old 17-06-2016, 05:47   #28
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post
Because the American college sports system is not conductive to the nurturing of truly talented players, thus USA doesn't have many (technically) talented players, thus they have to play rudimentary football

The biggest problem lies in the most talented American prospects prefers to play Baseball, Basketball, American Football and Hockey before Football because in those they will earn big money.
BZ Squad member27
Old 17-06-2016, 06:02   #29
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post

True 10 years ago, partially true 6 years ago, but how many of our current starting 11 played extensive college ball compared to semi - pro /low division instead of spending a large portion of time in college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
The biggest problem lies in the most talented American prospects prefers to play Baseball, Basketball, American Football and Hockey before Football because in those they will earn big money.
This doesn't require our primary form of attack to be entirely based on speed and luck. Through multiple coaching regimes, and given the more recent talent pool we have more technically gifted players yet they still play patty cake headers in the middle of the field and seem to fear actually controlling the ball in neutral territory. It's like they are an NASL team. It's still their tend of just launching the ball as far down the field as possible and play "go get it" soccer. As if they don't know any other way. Even though many play in Europe and know how to build/hold possession, yet when they put on the national team jersey is like their 12yo again.
Old 17-06-2016, 07:12   #30
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
True 10 years ago, partially true 6 years ago, but how many of our current starting 11 played extensive college ball compared to semi - pro /low division instead of spending a large portion of time in college?

This doesn't require our primary form of attack to be entirely based on speed and luck. Through multiple coaching regimes, and given the more recent talent pool we have more technically gifted players yet they still play patty cake headers in the middle of the field and seem to fear actually controlling the ball in neutral territory. It's like they are an NASL team. It's still their tend of just launching the ball as far down the field as possible and play "go get it" soccer. As if they don't know any other way. Even though many play in Europe and know how to build/hold possession, yet when they put on the national team jersey is like their 12yo again.
Klinsmann is a shitty coach.
BZ Squad member27