Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > General > Announcements

Old 21-05-2018, 13:11   #1
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Your yearly Staff Changes thread

Hey everyone,

I've written and re-written this post a couple of times, because there's so much that needs to be said and it's been coming a long time. Kind of hard to find the exact words and formatting for it. I'm going to try my best to get this accross as shortly and concisely as possible.

The first thing that needs to be addressed is that there are a bunch of changes which have been long overdue for a while, and they're happening immediately. Wavy stepped down as mod a while ago, and I meant to step down as an admin around that time. Grey will be my replacement as admin, with Sakujo and mea stepping in as full-time mods, joining Spring. I cannot stress just how fantastic these guys have been to work with, and it would be a disservice to them to try and distill that into this post. They know. And I think that's enough.

As for me, I am simply unable to do this any longer (not that I was that great to begin with). The transition after Trim left was just an absolute nightmare period for the staff, and we were all worn out by the end of it. Without wanting to delve too deep into my personal life, I will say that the time I previously had for BZ has been eaten up by work, studies, family life, and several other miscellaneous issues. I no longer have the time I would want to dedicate to BZ, which all of you deserve.

On top of all of this, during my tenure as admin, the changes to the site didn't help, and the fact that we weren't able to sort them out still stings. To a lot of people, BZ is a site they visit occassionally or don't really think about, but for a core of dedicated users (not just staff) it's something that we dedicated a lot of time to over the years. To be in charge during such changes, where the end decision was never in our hands, burns a lot.

All in all I'm pretty sure that these past 15 months that my name has been red will not be remembered quite fondly. Trim was a tough act to follow, and I had neither the time nor the skills able to make for a convincing admin in that time period. For that, I do apologise. I cannot say that I regret making the choice I made to focus on my life, but I do believe that, had I had a bit more foresight, staff appointments would have been made differently. As it stands, I bit more than I could chew, and the site suffered for it.

So that's pretty much it from me. I really wish things had gone differently, and that the site had been managed much, much better. I was so embarrassed by my inability to get the Likes situation sorted out, among a myriad other issues, that I pretty much stopped logging in as user to focus on that. Didn't even share pictures or stories on the Dortmund match, which I was lucky enough to attend, and I think that says a lot - in the past, nothing would have given me more pleasure than to share that with you guys. After 6 years of being here, I think it's time for a break.

Thanks so much for reading if you got this far. Wish you all the best.

Cheers,
Garci
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 21-05-2018, 14:08   #2
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

We love you Garci.

Please don't feel as if you must make any kind of apology. Sure it was a shame that we lost the like function but I and many other users still love being a part of this great community whether we can "like" posts or not.

I for one would very much like to hear about your visit to the Dortmund game, I'm hoping you will continue to make your great contributions to the site. I've missed having you around and posting as you used to.

Hope all is well in your personal life, best of wishes to you. Do not feel guilty or ashamed, it was nice having you as a Step Dad after Trim went to the shop to get some cigarettes and never came back.

Good luck to Grey, we will try and be on our best behaviour but we may act out from time to time due to our abandonment issues after Garci and Trim have both left us
BZ Squad member25
Old 21-05-2018, 16:07   #3
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Damn, gonna take some getting used to Grey wearing the red color.

Wavy got his pink color in the end too, nice.

Good luck on your other affairs, maybe you're going to finish that Harry Potter thingy(research) you did a few years ago?
BZ Squad member27
Old 21-05-2018, 16:29   #4
EM1R
FC Next Year München

All the best in your life, Garci

Congrats Grey, now bring back like button ASAP
BZ Squad member21
Old 21-05-2018, 16:53   #5
misafeco
We Lose As A Team

The first thing Grey should do as the new admin is to ban the word 'sell'.
Old 21-05-2018, 22:22   #6
RJNair
All the way UP!

Good luck, Garci.

Watch Grey cuck this up.

Spoiler
Expect only the best from you, G.
BZ Squad member9
Old 21-05-2018, 22:39   #7
Bayer
баварский

All the best to you, Garci!

Congrats to Grey, mea and Sakujo!
BZ Squad member3
Old 22-05-2018, 02:04   #8
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJNair View Post
Good luck, Garci.

Watch Grey cuck this up.

Spoiler
Expect only the best from you, G.
See, that's why we've nominated our hands-down worst mod, so expectations are so low than ANYTHING I do will be an improvement.

Seriously though, this is mostly just a color change for me. I'll be coordinating some of the attempted bug fixes in the upcoming weeks too, but I'm going to need help from my team if we're going to make this right. Let's formally welcome Mea and Sakujo as full mods, I can't do this without them
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 22-05-2018, 08:55   #9
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garci View Post
Hey everyone,

Spoiler
I've written and re-written this post a couple of times, because there's so much that needs to be said and it's been coming a long time. Kind of hard to find the exact words and formatting for it. I'm going to try my best to get this accross as shortly and concisely as possible.

The first thing that needs to be addressed is that there are a bunch of changes which have been long overdue for a while, and they're happening immediately. Wavy stepped down as mod a while ago, and I meant to step down as an admin around that time. Grey will be my replacement as admin, with Sakujo and mea stepping in as full-time mods, joining Spring. I cannot stress just how fantastic these guys have been to work with, and it would be a disservice to them to try and distill that into this post. They know. And I think that's enough.

As for me, I am simply unable to do this any longer (not that I was that great to begin with). The transition after Trim left was just an absolute nightmare period for the staff, and we were all worn out by the end of it. Without wanting to delve too deep into my personal life, I will say that the time I previously had for BZ has been eaten up by work, studies, family life, and several other miscellaneous issues. I no longer have the time I would want to dedicate to BZ, which all of you deserve.

On top of all of this, during my tenure as admin, the changes to the site didn't help, and the fact that we weren't able to sort them out still stings. To a lot of people, BZ is a site they visit occassionally or don't really think about, but for a core of dedicated users (not just staff) it's something that we dedicated a lot of time to over the years. To be in charge during such changes, where the end decision was never in our hands, burns a lot.

All in all I'm pretty sure that these past 15 months that my name has been red will not be remembered quite fondly. Trim was a tough act to follow, and I had neither the time nor the skills able to make for a convincing admin in that time period. For that, I do apologise. I cannot say that I regret making the choice I made to focus on my life, but I do believe that, had I had a bit more foresight, staff appointments would have been made differently. As it stands, I bit more than I could chew, and the site suffered for it.

So that's pretty much it from me. I really wish things had gone differently, and that the site had been managed much, much better. I was so embarrassed by my inability to get the Likes situation sorted out, among a myriad other issues, that I pretty much stopped logging in as user to focus on that. Didn't even share pictures or stories on the Dortmund match, which I was lucky enough to attend, and I think that says a lot - in the past, nothing would have given me more pleasure than to share that with you guys. After 6 years of being here, I think it's time for a break.

Thanks so much for reading if you got this far. Wish you all the best.

Cheers,
Garci
All the best mate
Hopefully you will be active again in the near future

Congrats to Grey and Sakujo too
We will hopefully do a good job as a team

Cheers
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 22-05-2018, 09:36   #10
RJNair
All the way UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
See, that's why we've nominated our hands-down worst mod, so expectations are so low than ANYTHING I do will be an improvement.

Seriously though, this is mostly just a color change for me. I'll be coordinating some of the attempted bug fixes in the upcoming weeks too, but I'm going to need help from my team if we're going to make this right. Let's formally welcome Mea and Sakujo as full mods, I can't do this without them
Congrats Mea & Sakujo, the blue is so much better than that nasty yellow you had to your names.
BZ Squad member9
Old 22-05-2018, 14:59   #11
kailip
Censored by Gray

BZ Squad member11
Old 22-05-2018, 16:29   #12
DonAK
Captain Marc

Grey is the new Admin?

Lord have mercy.

Spoiler
Just joking don't ban me pls
Old 22-05-2018, 17:49   #13
diDi7
yeah i can teach you

Finally an African mod. Been waiting 1000 years for someone sensible. Can a brother have his rule infractions removed pls?
BZ Squad member69
Old 22-05-2018, 17:54   #14
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by diDi7 View Post
Finally an African mod. Been waiting 1000 years for someone sensible. Can a brother have his rule infractions removed pls?
Even Grey has one still, so, nope.
BZ Squad member27
Old 22-05-2018, 22:56   #15
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Even Grey has one still, so, nope.
How do you know that ?

Did I tell you?
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10