Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Old 09-10-2019, 16:15   #4036
Bayer
Wodan Heerst

He's far from his best days yet again I'd be sad to see him leave but he has all the rights to do so.
BZ Squad member3
The above post is liked by:
Chucky (09-10-2019), DanaSchofield (10-10-2019), FernandoBR (10-10-2019), L4nd3r (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 16:17   #4037
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Muller's best post-treble season (and statistically his best season ever) came under Pep. I wonder if Muller might want to try his luck at City. If so, a deal for Sane becomes much easier.
sounds good to me, but I don't think he will want to escape from sitting on our red bench to the blue ones in Manchester.

it will be very hard for him to break into the starting 11 of ManCity.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Chucky (09-10-2019), rohr (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 16:20   #4038
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

I really have no clue where Müller would fit in elsewhere and which clubs would want him as well. He's a kind of player you not really find anywhere else maybe with a few exceptions.

No doubt he would be able to find another club with relative ease, but I just can't see where he would fit in easily.
BZ Squad member6
Chucky (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 16:35   #4039
Chucky
BZ Member

As much as I like Thomas and value him for all he's done for Bayern, I'm not sure if any of England top 6 clubs would want him. He's not the same 100 million worth player whom Manchester United once wanted anymore. At best he could be a squad player for City - just like he is for us.

If he's really voicing doubts about his future at the club, I wouldn't read too much into it, at least not yet. He's a Bayern talisman, I can't imagine us selling him and him playing for any other club. Anyone, but him. This could be his or his agent's idea of pushing Kovac into playing him more often, just what players do sometimes. If that's the truth, I couldn't really blame him, he's got the short end of stick from the manager.
Old 09-10-2019, 16:38   #4040
Grey
Replevin for a Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
As much as I like Thomas and value him for all he's done for Bayern, I'm not sure if any of England top 6 clubs would want him. He's not the same 100 million worth player whom Manchester United once wanted anymore. At best he could be a squad player for City - just like he is for us.

If he's really voicing doubts about his future at the club, I wouldn't read too much into it, at least not yet. He's a Bayern talisman, I can't imagine us selling him and him playing for any other club. Anyone, but him. This could be his or his agent's idea of pushing Kovac into playing him more often, just what players do sometimes. If that's the truth, I couldn't really blame him, he's got the short end of stick from the manager.
Muller's reputation in England is still prime 2010 WC mythos. I dunno if he'd do well there, as you imply, but I have no doubt he'd have many willing buyers.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 09-10-2019, 17:52   #4041
Alexander
BZ Member

He is a true legend but I am fine with him leaving. Sad but nothing lasts forever.
Old 09-10-2019, 17:57   #4042
bayern_fan
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

Yeah, i read delusional people saying City or clubs at that level when in reality nobody will touch him. Maybe clubs like Inter etc but then again he makes 15 mil so dont see how they will pay his wages. Like i said he probably doesn't plan to leave just makes afuzz to push for more playing time.
Old 09-10-2019, 20:31   #4043
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
We need to start acting a little bit like Real Madrid if we want to win titles and be the best in Europe.
I finally found someone who thinks like that. I don't want us to be exactly like Real Madrid because they don't respect their players/legends which is bad.But we are too sensitive.

I mean I respect Müller, he was one of my favorite players back in the day. As a Bayern fan, I'll never forget what he has done to the club.
But his form has been terrible for the past 3-4 consecutive seasons and he is holding the club hostage? We should definitely sell him if he doesn't accept the backup role

I think we all support the club and not the players, so we shouldn't really make a big deal out of it
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Bayer (09-10-2019), OnlyInsider (09-10-2019), SouthernStar (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 23:15   #4044
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Bayern with Uli in charge is a very emotional club when it comes to our legends and how long they're allowed to stay.

Just take a look at Ribery's case. It's good we treat our legends with huge respect and honour them, but in the case with Ribery, Robben and Rafinha it kinda became a farce the last 1-2 years at least imo.

They should all three have left before they did if we put emotions aside. I don't mind for Müller to stay but if he should leave I also won't shed tears. He has done so much for the club but he's not longer the player he was, from the middle of 2016 and until now he has been a shadow of his former self for around 90% of the time.

The club and him should try something else, I think it would be the best for both parts at this point.
BZ Squad member6
mea95 (09-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 00:06   #4045
DonAK
Valmierda

He'd be a fucking idiot to go to Man Utd now. He'll only go somewhere to be the starter so I guess perhaps Arsenal or Atletico since Simeone loves to stack up slow forwards and start them instead of his better, quicker, more effective players.

Tough decision. His time as a starter have passed just like for Busquets at Barca. He could stay and be a super sub and a role model for the younger players, or leave elsewhere to play regularly while likely taking a paycut. Cannot hate him for wanting to play regularly, but you gotta wonder if it's really worth it.

Why not stay at Bayern for a couple of years and then enjoy your retirement in the MLS.

Last edited by DonAK; 10-10-2019 at 00:09.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:37   #4046
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
He'd be a fucking idiot to go to Man Utd now. He'll only go somewhere to be the starter so I guess perhaps Arsenal or Atletico since Simeone loves to stack up slow forwards and start them instead of his better, quicker, more effective players.

Tough decision. His time as a starter have passed just like for Busquets at Barca. He could stay and be a super sub and a role model for the younger players, or leave elsewhere to play regularly while likely taking a paycut. Cannot hate him for wanting to play regularly, but you gotta wonder if it's really worth it.

Why not stay at Bayern for a couple of years and then enjoy your retirement in the MLS.
The thing is, like Grey said, he's not even being played as a super sub.

Because he has ambition, that's how it usually goes with top level players. And although he's not at his best anymore, he's still pretty elite.

Last edited by L4nd3r; 10-10-2019 at 01:41.
BZ Squad member27
mh13 (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 07:38   #4047
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

It would legitimately break my heart to see Müller playing in another clubs shirt, he's one of the reasons I started to support Bayern. He may be a shadow of his former self but he's still a lifelong Bayern fan, a local boy and a club legend
BZ Squad member25
franz (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 08:00   #4048
LookAtTheTime
BZ Member

It's hard to imagine Mueller at another club honestly. I think he's at a point where he's probably not feeling appreciated anymore in Germany. First there was the whole thing with Loew essentially kicking him out of the team and now he sees that he's on the bench and probably fears the same thing happening again.

Would hate to see him go cause there is kind of a nice novelty with having him around and plus he's a great super sub but if that's what he wants then it's his right to move on. In a way at least it will force us to build a new club and revamp more.
DanaSchofield (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 11:52   #4049
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

These are clubs who will start 3rd World War to get Müller

The author must have been smoking some serious shit!!
BZ Squad member99
Chucky (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 12:38   #4050
PatrikoBayern
The Munchener

Muller is an impact sub. Very dangerous and unpredictable
He is an asset. As One cannot study , read or be cock sure of what he is about to do next.
Overall , he is a dangerous man to have in your 18 yard.
I won’t sell him if I’m Bayern. As he is an ensigna , a talisman for this club.
Kovac needs to assure him of minutes in every match if possible and starts in some matches
That’s how to solve this issue.