Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > International Competitions

Old 28-06-2017, 21:41   #166
roosoo2
BZ Member

It's a crime against humanity if we don't see Vidal and sanchez play together more .
They've beaten both Ronaldo and Messi in the last 3 years

Last edited by roosoo2; 28-06-2017 at 21:43.
Old 28-06-2017, 21:41   #167
Bayer
Deep Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
I was thinking the same

But honestly, how can you not love Vidal? That heart he shows on the pitch is just love.

He runs all over, he defends, he scores, he tackle, he is leading, he simply does it all
I LOVE Vidal! I don't care about that penalty he missed. Plenty of our stars missed important penalties. Won't blame it on him. You only commit mistakes if you're there. And like him or not, but when there's a battle and it gets tough, Arturo will be there, no matter what. Sure he'll commit a mistake from time to time, but as said, only those who hide from the pitch will be free from that.
BZ Squad member3
Old 28-06-2017, 21:41   #168
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

Haha Ronaldo was waiting for the fifth PK
BZ Squad member99
Old 28-06-2017, 21:43   #169
Argeta
BZ Member

Hahaha typical Ronaldo always waiting for the fame-penalty.
BZ Squad member96
Old 28-06-2017, 21:45   #170
franz
BZ Member

Haahahahahaha Bravooo!!
Old 28-06-2017, 21:50   #171
mea95
Mea San Mea

it was an enjoyable moment when Vidal ran to Sanchez after he scored the 3rd penalty and celebrated together

I hope we will be able to see such a moment in a CL final
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Old 28-06-2017, 21:51   #172
OnlyInsider
Und so wieder FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
I LOVE Vidal! I don't care about that penalty he missed. Plenty of our stars missed important penalties. Won't blame it on him. You only commit mistakes if you're there. And like him or not, but when there's a battle and it gets tough, Arturo will be there, no matter what. Sure he'll commit a mistake from time to time, but as said, only those who hide from the pitch will be free from that.
Exactly.

And another thing is that he always shows up on the biggest stage. Some would say "yeah but he got a red card", but they seems to forget he was the only midfielder who really did something against Real Madrid.

Like I said many times when you have to do the work for 3 (as much as I like Thiago, he dissapeared against Real), then offcourse you gonna make mistakes. A slow and past it alonso with a Thiago who crumbled or just didnt show up, Vidal was the only midfielder really.
BZ Squad member6
Old 28-06-2017, 21:54   #173
OnlyInsider
Und so wieder FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
it was an enjoyable moment when Vidal ran to Sanchez after he scored the 3rd penalty and celebrated together

I hope we will be able to see such a moment in a CL final
If just he comes here first I will be okay if its just a BL game

But honestly I think we got a good chance of signing him, and Vidal is one of the reasons.

Also that he played against us many times and his teams got crushed, so he knows the quality of Bayern
BZ Squad member6
Old 28-06-2017, 21:58   #174
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Exactly.

And another thing is that he always shows up on the biggest stage. Some would say "yeah but he got a red card", but they seems to forget he was the only midfielder who really did something against Real Madrid.

Like I said many times when you have to do the work for 3 (as much as I like Thiago, he dissapeared against Real), then offcourse you gonna make mistakes. A slow and past it alonso with a Thiago who crumbled or just didnt show up, Vidal was the only midfielder really.
Thiago was great against Real until the red card. Vastly superior to Kroos, who ironically never showed up until the red card.

What I don't like about Vidal is that showing up one game a season isn't enough, no matter how big that game is. Vidal at his core is a wild card that can't be relied upon, so why rely on it at the absolute most critical time? That's what I don't get. Anyway, there's no denying that Vidal and Sanchez are a matched pair, so if Sanchez coming here brings the best out of Vidal then that's just yet another perk of having Sanchez.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 28-06-2017, 22:06   #175
OnlyInsider
Und so wieder FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Thiago was great against Real until the red card. Vastly superior to Kroos, who ironically never showed up until the red card.

What I don't like about Vidal is that showing up one game a season isn't enough, no matter how big that game is. Vidal at his core is a wild card that can't be relied upon, so why rely on it at the absolute most critical time? That's what I don't get. Anyway, there's no denying that Vidal and Sanchez are a matched pair, so if Sanchez coming here brings the best out of Vidal then that's just yet another perk of having Sanchez.
I dont agree about Vidal only showing up one game a season. And I will take a player like Vidal over Thiago everyday of the week.

Thiago is great and I love him dont get me wrong, but Vidal is for me the most complete midfielder in the World and games like this tonight shows that pretty clear.

To me Vidal is not a wild Card neither. The red card he got against Real Madrid was also his first red card for Bayern ever
BZ Squad member6
Old 28-06-2017, 22:09   #176
Bayer
Deep Mayo

Quote:
Exactly.

I, like Grey, also happen to think Thiago was alright vs Real Madrid and I think he's on the right path to become the midfielder we look for. However, that's not taking anything away from Arturo who always did a great job. He's always up to something. He took that penalty because he was the only player, who, in case of miss, wouldn't have stopped playing. Anyone else would've started panicking. Arturo was up to it and continued his game.

Quote:

I agree, I also noticed he seems to give his all just in specific games. Maybe that's what the coach requires though? After all, his qualities are much more needed in big games vs world class opponents rather than in the "regular" Bundesliga matches where we always easily control the game and dictate the rhythms? Maybe that's why he seems to shine more in games where our midfield actually has to fight, too, rather than just moving the ball around?

Plus, the thing is that he shouldn't have been sent off because it was nowhere a foul in the game vs Real. And he didn't even get the same treatment as Casemiro in that game from the ref. I acknowledge that he can be a risk but playing football at the highest level is usually risky, too. There are pros and cons and imo we need someone like him for the style of football we adopt. I don't feel like blaming it on him because he shouldn't go for such a tackle which actually might look as a foul to the ref, because that's exactly what the ref is there for.
BZ Squad member3
Old 28-06-2017, 22:13   #177
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
I dont agree about Vidal only showing up one game a season. And I will take a player like Vidal over Thiago everyday of the week.

Thiago is great and I love him dont get me wrong, but Vidal is for me the most complete midfielder in the World and games like this tonight shows that pretty clear.

To me Vidal is not a wild Card neither. The red card he got against Real Madrid was also his first red card for Bayern ever
1 red card in the only match he played with full effort? That's not something to brag about

I agree he's a complete midfielder who does everything well, that's why he was really one of my favorite players in the world back in Leverkusen. Unfortunately the Vidal today doesn't given 1/2 the effort he gave back when he was in the BuLi the first time. He's fundamentally less willing to try as hard as he used to, at least in the league. If that attitude doesn't change, he's not going to be here for long. But as I said, I want Sanchez here - among many other reasons - to help get the best out of Vidal. We both know what he's capable of, but he's seriously failing to show it at Bayern. So if Sanchez is what it takes to see an A-grade Vidal, then let's bring him!
Old 28-06-2017, 22:17   #178
OnlyInsider
Und so wieder FCB

Quote:
1 red card in the only match he played with full effort? That's not something to brag about

I agree he's a complete midfielder who does everything well, that's why he was really one of my favorite players in the world back in Leverkusen. Unfortunately the Vidal today doesn't given 1/2 the effort he gave back when he was in the BuLi the first time. He's fundamentally less willing to try as hard as he used to, at least in the league. If that attitude doesn't change, he's not going to be here for long. But as I said, I want Sanchez here - among many other reasons - to help get the best out of Vidal. We both know what he's capable of, but he's seriously failing to show it at Bayern. So if Sanchez is what it takes to see an A-grade Vidal, then let's bring him!
I agree that he seems better on the NT and also the big CL matches than in the League nearly all the time, but I seriously think Bayer got a good point about it.

The Vidal that played in Juventus from 12-14 was the best midfielder in the world. He was crazy good
BZ Squad member6
Old 28-06-2017, 22:20   #179
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Who cares if Arturo slacks in the BuLi? He is a great big game player. The red card shouldn't have been given simply because it just makes no sense to keep a tough tackler on the pitch for the whole 90+ when he got a yellow on min 6... CARLO is the one to blame for that red card.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Old 28-06-2017, 22:22   #180
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
I agree that he seems better on the NT and also the big CL matches than in the League nearly all the time, but I seriously think Bayer got a good point about it.

The Vidal that played in Juventus from 12-14 was the best midfielder in the world. He was crazy good
Eh, I disagree with the last bit but I know I'm in a tiny minority

1.) Bastian Schweinsteiger (and Javi Martinez) were superior in 2012-13, by a wide margin

2.) Vidal actually got WORSE (lazier) at Juve, not better. Most people who think he was amazing at Juve never saw just how good he was in 2010-11.