Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

View Poll Results: Does Arturo Vidal's thread belong to the Hall of Fame?
Yes 1 4.76%
No 20 95.24%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-02-2018, 14:43   #1126
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Big difference between being 30 (soon 31) and 35 around the corner. Ribery is a winger and relies on other part of the game then Vidal.

Like mentioned if we should chose to keep Vidal, I think one year extending would be fine. When he signed back in 2015 it was a 4-year deal with an option for 1 more year.

Another thing is you cant compare Franck and Arturo. I know you dislike Vidal, but he is (imo) a way more likeable guy than Franck when it comes to football. Vidal is a teamplayer and dont complain if he is subbed out or start on the bench. Ribery is the total opposite these days.
I mostly agree with you mate, especially the last paragraph, but I think you slightly misunderstood my original point.

Like you say, there is a big difference between nearly 31 and 35 (in a footballing sense), but my point was referring more to the board continuing to rely on Ribery for several years and not planning more competently despite increasing injury and fitness problems (specifically just after the treble period), which I feel could happen all over again if we rely on Vidal now.

Whilst it is clear that I am certainly not Arturo's biggest fan (I liked him a lot a couple of years ago but unfortunately I have since soured to him) I do still think he is a good player, even if I'm not a fan of his. He certainly still has something to offer, but at nearly 31 years old how much more is left in the tank? My problem is that Goretzka and Tolisso are 2 young players that are similar to him, both of whom have massive potential. If we keep Vidal and don't cash in now we could potentially soon have a player who drops in form massively and takes minutes away from these two players who need all the minutes they can get to develop, all whilst we still pay him several million euros a year for the trouble.

In my opinion it is the best option for Bayern Munich, in both a sporting sense and a financial sense, to sell Vidal this summer. I hope you can see my point more clearly this time
BZ Squad member25
Old 13-02-2018, 15:04   #1127
OnlyInsider
German engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaSchofield View Post
I mostly agree with you mate, especially the last paragraph, but I think you slightly misunderstood my original point.

Like you say, there is a big difference between nearly 31 and 35 (in a footballing sense), but my point was referring more to the board continuing to rely on Ribery for several years and not planning more competently despite increasing injury and fitness problems (specifically just after the treble period), which I feel could happen all over again if we rely on Vidal now.

Whilst it is clear that I am certainly not Arturo's biggest fan (I liked him a lot a couple of years ago but unfortunately I have since soured to him) I do still think he is a good player, even if I'm not a fan of his. He certainly still has something to offer, but at nearly 31 years old how much more is left in the tank? My problem is that Goretzka and Tolisso are 2 young players that are similar to him, both of whom have massive potential. If we keep Vidal and don't cash in now we could potentially soon have a player who drops in form massively and takes minutes away from these two players who need all the minutes they can get to develop, all whilst we still pay him several million euros a year for the trouble.

In my opinion it is the best option for Bayern Munich, in both a sporting sense and a financial sense, to sell Vidal this summer. I hope you can see my point more clearly this time
I can see youre point and I also see the idea behind it, no doubt. What Im against is selling him without taking into consideration what he offers here and now. Some would say we already have players ready who can do the same as Vidal, but I disagree about that on most points.

Also we shouldnt make another Lucio, that was on hell of a mistake back in 2009, and we all know how that turned out. That said, I know Its different situations, but still they have some similarities.

I totally agree with you about not holding on to aging stars to long if you have the chance to replace them with fresh blood. But sometimes you also need to look a little deeper into it - and to me like mentioned before, Goretzka and Tolisso dont offer the same as Vidal.

Also if we sell him this summer, we might be in a shit situaiton next year in the CL KO rounds, as Vidal is our only midfielder who isnt injury prone. Both Javi, Thiago and Goretzka are all prone to injuries. Tolisso is not really I will admit that.

When replacing a renewing with a player in the 30’s and above, I think you should look at their personality as well - what kind of player are they, their behaviour on and off the field. Im not saying Vidal is perfect, he was even involved in a car accident 3 years ago or so, but seems he learned from it - I hope so. I have no doubt Arturo would be willing to sit more on the bench for younger players to come trough. Like I mentioned before, he is a really nice guy footballing wise, and seems to put the team way before himself.

Franck is different. I was often defending him some years back, but after his latest clashes with first Pep, then Carlo and his behaviour when starting on the bench/subbed out I lost a lot for him. The guy is really an issue these days to say the least. He done so much for Bayern, and are one of our all time greats, but lately his behaviour has been unacceptable.

Well this post became longer than I thought it would and my apologize for that. I write it on phone, so I might have been circling around lol, Its hard to see the text from above like on a computer.

Finally I know Im biased when it comes to Vidal, I never been afraid to admit that. And its always hard to see youre favorite players leave/go.

That was just my two cents, might add more later
BZ Squad member6
Old 13-02-2018, 20:01   #1128
SCT
BZ Member

In my opinion it's time to move on from Vidal. He has been inconsistent since joining us but the last straw for me was when Jupp came in and had to scold him for not being fit or committed in training. We don't need that sort of unprofessionalism from a senior player. You don't know which Vidal you will get under our new coach.
Old 13-02-2018, 20:14   #1129
bayern_fan
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCT View Post
In my opinion it's time to move on from Vidal. He has been inconsistent since joining us but the last straw for me was when Jupp came in and had to scold him for not being fit or committed in training. We don't need that sort of unprofessionalism from a senior player. You don't know which Vidal you will get under our new coach.

yep Jupp said that Vidal was in a bad shape, now he is in a good shape and is beasting but there is a big probability that he is giving his all now to get his last big contract

All in all like i said nobody can guarantee that Vidal will continue to keep this form for the next 2,3 seasons and play like this. Given that he makes 10+ mil a season and we have Tolisso and Goretzka is a no brainer that Vidal should be sold this summer while he still has a big transfer value. 40+ mil and he is gone plus a club like United,Chelsea and co will probably give him a pay raise so it will be a good deal for everybody
Old 13-02-2018, 23:38   #1130
kailip
Censored by Gray

I skipped the last couple pages but since there is some discussion about Vidal I just want to remind everyone that Paulinho is better and we let him go to Barca.
BZ Squad member11
Old 13-02-2018, 23:44   #1131
OnlyInsider
German engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailip View Post
I skipped the last couple pages but since there is some discussion about Vidal I just want to remind everyone that Paulinho is better and we let him go to Barca.
Paulinho better than Vidal? Is that why he played in China until recently? Not saying paulinho is trash, but come on.
BZ Squad member6
Old 13-02-2018, 23:50   #1132
DonAK
Captain Marc

Paulinho have this knack of scoring an important goal or make a vital play when needed even when he does absolutely nothing all game.

Not sure how high that should be valued. Good to have off the bench I suppose. Don't like him as a starter too much.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:02   #1133
kailip
Censored by Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Paulinho better than Vidal? Is that why he played in China until recently? Not saying paulinho is trash, but come on.
Don't come crying over here when Paulinho scores on us on the UCL final to lift the trophy.

I'm fucking telling y'all he's good, and like before nobody believed me.

Only way we beat Barcelona in the final is if we field Sandro Wagner.
BZ Squad member11
Old 14-02-2018, 04:36   #1134
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
Paulinho have this knack of scoring an important goal or make a vital play when needed even when he does absolutely nothing all game.

Not sure how high that should be valued. Good to have off the bench I suppose. Don't like him as a starter too much.
Sounds like Tolisso, except Tolisso is young.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 17-02-2018, 00:54   #1135
OnlyInsider
German engineering

Beast season he is having.

BZ Squad member6
Old 02-03-2018, 12:35   #1136
EM1R
FC Next Year München

BZ Squad member21
Old 02-03-2018, 12:59   #1137
Nils