Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Bundesliga

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2019, 01:56   #136
LookAtTheTime
BZ Member

Javi was good but he ruined the play everytime he went forward like he always does
Old 19-01-2019, 02:00   #137
Thirteen
BZ Member

But that's not what he's for. We have Thiago,Goretzka,James etc for playmaking. He's there to make us more firm defensively and he did that. I understand he became slower and we need to probably buy a new holding midfielder, but for now I think he can do the job when we need a defender more on the pitch.
BZ Football Manager Champion
Old 19-01-2019, 02:03   #138
LookAtTheTime
BZ Member

Yeah I don't really have many complaints. I think we could however use someone who can do Javi's role and is capable of moving forward too. Like our own Kante
Old 19-01-2019, 02:50   #139
Grey
Free Cascadia

Now that I'm home from work, I had the chance to watch the highlights. Some thoughts:

Muller's first touch on goal #2 (the counter) was crucial. It's the simplest, most obvious pass possible - right to Coman only a couple of meters away - but the weight on it was perfect and it was the EXACT right move to play. Had Muller not done this and tried something flashier, we wouldn't have been able to maintain a viable counter. Props to him, it's exactly the type of move that I love to see. Smart, efficient, and nearly unnoticeable.

Lewa's third goal began with my all-time favorite style of pass - courtesy of James. I don't even know what to call those passes, but it's those central chipped lobs we see all the time from Thiago and used to enjoy from Schweini. Beautiful to see.

The goal from Nico Schultz: This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say (as does Sakujo - forgive me if I'm putting words in your mouth, friend) that Kovac is tactically INEPT. Think about it for a moment. Team is two goals up. It's the 58th minute. Team is notoriously vulnerable on counter attacks. Team is playing with two extremely "slow" (in acceleration, Sule has fasts top speed) CBs. Team wins a corner. Do you really, truly believe that a CB should be moved into the box? Who thinks this way? What possible advantage could there have been for us to have played to every single one of our weaknesses? Kovac is absolutely clueless when it comes to tactics.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
The above post is liked by:
Sakujo (19-01-2019)
Old 19-01-2019, 02:53   #140
pzUH
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroze View Post
It is not an achievement, but certainly not disaster as people here want to make. Don't play with words please. This is a season long marathon. You cannot expect the players to press tirelessly the whole season. That's Guardiola's thing. His team steamrolls on smaller teams in first half of the season with little juice left for the second half, which interestingly has the more important games.

It was a superb first half and an above average second half, which ofc could have been better. Now the lads should learn from the first half and keep marching on Dortmund's inexperience with hope of catching them on the table.
It would be a good time here, if we had this kind of fans mentality during Pep era. Back then reading the match thread was quite painful experience, no matter the result & how we play.
Well, at least now you know that feel... xD
Old 19-01-2019, 03:58   #141
SuperJville
BZ Member

The Schulz goal is just a brilliant individual effort by a good player. 9/10 a player doesn’t even hit the target.

Good game and a good win. Pressure is on, BVB.
Old 19-01-2019, 10:44   #142
EM1R
on a suicide watch

BZ Squad member21
franz (19-01-2019), Kroos39 (19-01-2019), L4nd3r (20-01-2019), mea95 (19-01-2019), misafeco (19-01-2019), Sakujo (19-01-2019)
Old 19-01-2019, 13:57   #143
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Now that I'm home from work, I had the chance to watch the highlights. Some thoughts:

Muller's first touch on goal #2 (the counter) was crucial. It's the simplest, most obvious pass possible - right to Coman only a couple of meters away - but the weight on it was perfect and it was the EXACT right move to play. Had Muller not done this and tried something flashier, we wouldn't have been able to maintain a viable counter. Props to him, it's exactly the type of move that I love to see. Smart, efficient, and nearly unnoticeable.

Lewa's third goal began with my all-time favorite style of pass - courtesy of James. I don't even know what to call those passes, but it's those central chipped lobs we see all the time from Thiago and used to enjoy from Schweini. Beautiful to see.

The goal from Nico Schultz: This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say (as does Sakujo - forgive me if I'm putting words in your mouth, friend) that Kovac is tactically INEPT. Think about it for a moment. Team is two goals up. It's the 58th minute. Team is notoriously vulnerable on counter attacks. Team is playing with two extremely "slow" (in acceleration, Sule has fasts top speed) CBs. Team wins a corner. Do you really, truly believe that a CB should be moved into the box? Who thinks this way? What possible advantage could there have been for us to have played to every single one of our weaknesses? Kovac is absolutely clueless when it comes to tactics.
agreed. I think Muller comes under a lot of criticism lately, rightly so in most cases, but he did played a good match considering he was deployed on the right side. Muller played an extremely physical game, his work-rate was stunning he was defending when lost the ball, and the first one to make a run when we recovered.

though his first touch, and decision making coupled with some slow reactions, leaves so much more to be desired. plus the fact that there is two players who could do all that better than him on the bench did not help his case a lot, one of witch is a proper winger by the way.

about Kovac, he seems to be good in preparing for a game, but his reactions to the variables that happens within the game is so bad. he almost always fails to adapt to the circumstances that arises. they say the second half is the manager's half, and man he keeps failing everytime I see it.
granted he squeezed through this one with the result in his favor (thank you Neuer). but I don't see him having that luck all the time.

Martinez was so hard to watch, his only tactical value was to free up Goretezka to attack more, which I admit was a decisive thing, yet it's still doesn't change the fact that Martinez was so slow, with bad work-rate, and bad positioning and did not even win tackles or made any crucial interceptions (thank you Thiago).
no wonder we are looking for a defensive mid, because as it stands, we have none.

overall I'd give high ratings for everybody with the exception of Martinez & Kovac.
Muller was good, but you have to weight what he offered throughout the game against what James offered in just 8 mins and see if it's worth it. you can probably do the same with Martinez in mind.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Grey (20-01-2019)
Old 19-01-2019, 20:36   #144
Giovane
Herr Münchener

Well, I'm not here that often recently, but I see it's the same old place, most of posters whining on everything since Guardiola era and some of them (mostly newer) trying to be reasonable, and Grey & Sak are still wise guys or wise men, whatever...

Kidding aside, I didn't manage to watch any of the games in the second half of November nor in December so I can't be 100% sure in the sentence I'm about to write, but nevertheless, I'll write it anyways.

So, yesterday I have witnessed the best game from Neuer, Hummels, Alaba, Martinez, Robben, Ribery & Müller in a couple of years time.
Sponsor of the 2018 Ms. BZ
Argeta (19-01-2019), Die Roten Mun (21-01-2019)
Old 19-01-2019, 22:29   #145
misafeco
3-4-1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovane View Post
Well, I'm not here that often recently, but I see it's the same old place, most of posters whining on everything since Guardiola era and some of them (mostly newer) trying to be reasonable, and Grey & Sak are still wise guys or wise men, whatever...

Kidding aside, I didn't manage to watch any of the games in the second half of November nor in December so I can't be 100% sure in the sentence I'm about to write, but nevertheless, I'll write it anyways.

So, yesterday I have witnessed the best game from Neuer, Hummels, Alaba, Martinez, Robben, Ribery & Müller in a couple of years time.
Did you watch the 2013 CL semifinal vs. Barca?
LookAtTheTime (20-01-2019), MihailT (20-01-2019)
Old 20-01-2019, 05:04   #146
LookAtTheTime
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovane View Post

you sure about that?
Old 21-01-2019, 18:38   #147
Giovane
Herr Münchener

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtTheTime View Post
you sure about that?
Yeah, I'm sure, pun intended.
Sponsor of the 2018 Ms. BZ
Closed Thread