Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Bundesliga

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2019, 18:02   #91
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I agree - but you seem to disagree with this in your last post, where you spend most of the time blaming Kimmich while in the same breath complimenting Sule. The goal is 90% on Sule here. Kimmich lost the ball in THEIR half, with most of the Bayern team behind him. That wasn't a goal scoring opportunity if not for Thiago, who missed the defensive header, and Sule who couldn't make up his mind where his feet should go.

But yeah, let's spend 95% of our time on Kimmich, who I already said I suspect was just "following orders" like Hummels and Alaba.
Because Süle played a decent match defensively, had a lot of important and well timed tackles unlike Kimmich who gave things away too easily - offensively he was good with two assists, but defensively not. Yes one could say Süle should push out to the Stuttgart player, but who was not there to take the long ball from the Stuttgart player? Kimmich.

Yes it's Bayerns philosophy for the fullbacks to push high up the field and a midfielder to go take the defensive position. But Kimmich could at least have pressured the Stuttgart player playing the long ball, instead he was too lazy to do so, gave him oceans of time.
BZ Squad member6
Old 27-01-2019, 18:13   #92
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
I agree - but you seem to disagree with this in your last post, where you spend most of the time blaming Kimmich while in the same breath complimenting Sule. The goal is 90% on Sule here. Kimmich lost the ball in THEIR half, with most of the Bayern team behind him. That wasn't a goal scoring opportunity if not for Thiago, who missed the defensive header, and Sule who couldn't make up his mind where his feet should go.

But yeah, let's spend 95% of our time on Kimmich, who I already said I suspect was just "following orders" like Hummels and Alaba.
TBH, their goal wasn't even that great of a goal scoring opportunity, only a 0.02 xG%.
BZ Squad member27
The above post is liked by:
mea95 (27-01-2019), OnlyInsider (27-01-2019)
Old 27-01-2019, 18:20   #93
Ciriaco
BZ Member

Javi Martinez will get us murdered against Liverpool....I cant understand how Kovac can not see that...He is just too slow and too clumsy in possession. They will pressure him and we wont be able to make a singled transition out of our own half.

If for some reason we sign Rabiot he will partner Thiago. Or if Pavard comes early then I can see Kimmich partnering Thiago.

But Thiago + Javi will destroy us. Javi was one of the best DM in the world in his prime. But then Pep happened, he was trying to be CB, which of course completely change his game. Now he is simply not good enough for this level.
Old 27-01-2019, 22:06   #94
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Because Süle played a decent match defensively, had a lot of important and well timed tackles unlike Kimmich who gave things away too easily - offensively he was good with two assists, but defensively not. Yes one could say Süle should push out to the Stuttgart player, but who was not there to take the long ball from the Stuttgart player? Kimmich.

Yes it's Bayerns philosophy for the fullbacks to push high up the field and a midfielder to go take the defensive position. But Kimmich could at least have pressured the Stuttgart player playing the long ball, instead he was too lazy to do so, gave him oceans of time.
What do you think about Coman who mirrored Kimmich's lackadaisical run backward? It's clear both were instructed in that situation. Sule was almost exclusively responsible for the goal, and here we are still talking about Kimmich.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 27-01-2019, 22:20   #95
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Quote:
What do you think about Coman who mirrored Kimmich's lackadaisical run backward? It's clear both were instructed in that situation. Sule was almost exclusively responsible for the goal, and here we are still talking about Kimmich.
Coman could have pressed as well of course - difference be, he's an offensive player, there for you can better live with him being sloppy in pressing a player.

Yes Süle should take a lot of blame for the goal, but Kimmich is still not without quite a big guilt in this one really.

For me it's also because I noticed for quite some time Kimmich is shaky in the defensive play. But I can somehow understand it as RB is not his natural position, hopefully he will be better in that regard as time goes.
BZ Squad member6
Old 28-01-2019, 08:45   #96
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

It wasn't even Kimmich's man who scored though was it?
BZ Squad member25
Old 28-01-2019, 16:06   #97
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaSchofield View Post
It wasn't even Kimmich's man who scored though was it?
Nope. And to make things worse, you can see in the play that this was "Kovac time," which is what I'm calling the period(s) of Bayern play where we are up by a goal or two at home and we decide to put the whole team behind the ball and play defense. Kimmich losing the ball high up on the pitch was nearly intentional - not necessarily by Kimmich, but by Kovac. Kovac WANTS turnover in the opponents half when Bayern has parked its team behind the ball. That's his chief (and ONLY) source of creativity during "Kovac time."
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Closed Thread