Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Bundesliga

Closed Thread

Old 22-12-2018, 20:27   #46
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Despite Ribery scoring some goals lately and doing fine he got no business staying here beyond this season - it's time to say goodbye

Good way to end this half season, but I still feel our overall play is quite bad honestly.
BZ Squad member6
Old 22-12-2018, 20:31   #47
Bayer
Wodan Heerst

Away win, 3 goals scored, 0 conceded hence the clean-sheet. Best way to end the year.

I do not get the critics towards the game shown on the pitch. Many Bayern fans have been complaining about useless possession and boring passes for years and now that we're attempting to do something different people are filing complaints about how boring our football looks. If you want to hit teams on the counter, sit down and take on full speed counters then you gotta wait for the team's tactics to get adjusted accordingly.This is going to be a long transition which requires a lot of time and several boring games, above all. This is a team that has been having the likes of control of the possession, dictating the game and rhythm of said game for years as values in their DNA, it's not gonna be an easy job to get rid of the foundation we based our squad on. People might not remember how many awful matches we had to witness as LvG took on back in the days, prior to us finding our rosebud.
BZ Squad member3
The above post is liked by:
DanaSchofield (22-12-2018), Kroos39 (26-12-2018), L4nd3r (23-12-2018), mea95 (22-12-2018), Morlock (22-12-2018), Nils (22-12-2018)
Old 22-12-2018, 20:40   #48
Lahmforrb
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
Away win, 3 goals scored, 0 conceded hence the clean-sheet. Best way to end the year.

I do not get the critics towards the game shown on the pitch. Many Bayern fans have been complaining about useless possession and boring passes for years and now that we're attempting to do something different people are filing complaints about how boring our football looks. If you want to hit teams on the counter, sit down and take on full speed counters then you gotta wait for the team's tactics to get adjusted accordingly.This is going to be a long transition which requires a lot of time and several boring games, above all. This is a team that has been having the likes of control of the possession, dictating the game and rhythm of said game for years as values in their DNA, it's not gonna be an easy job to get rid of the foundation we based our squad on. People might not remember how many awful matches we had to witness as LvG took on back in the days, prior to us finding our rosebud.
I find it strange to bet it all on the counter but defend low without much pressure. Every solid counter attack team of today's football apply high, intense pressure, so that they, when they break the other team's possession, can counter with more people in front of the ball and with less distance toward the goal.

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk
OnlyInsider (22-12-2018)
Old 22-12-2018, 20:50   #49
Bayer
Wodan Heerst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahmforrb View Post
I find it strange to bet it all on the counter but defend low without much pressure. Every solid counter attack team of today's football apply high, intense pressure, so that they, when they break the other team's possession, can counter with more people in front of the ball and with less distance toward the goal.

Good point I hear you, I think that's due to the fact our defenders (namely Boateng, Hummels & Alaba above all) have been playing that sort of football all their career long and they have yet to enter the right mentality to switch to actually defend in that fashion. Not even to mention I suspect we do not have the proper players for that as I fear most of them wouldn't have the stamina to go throughout the whole match doing that.
BZ Squad member3
Old 22-12-2018, 21:04   #50
Lahmforrb
BZ Member

Quote:
Good point I hear you, I think that's due to the fact our defenders (namely Boateng, Hummels & Alaba above all) have been playing that sort of football all their career long and they have yet to enter the right mentality to switch to actually defend in that fashion. Not even to mention I suspect we do not have the proper players for that as I fear most of them wouldn't have the stamina to go throughout the whole match doing that.
I think that Coman and Gnabry are suitable for a counter style game. Lewy should remember some from his old days in Dortmund, as should Hummels. Also, Alaba played constantly during the 12/13-season when we were world beaters with our counter attacks. Boateng should be used to all kind of high pressure defending as we did that with Pep for 3 years.

Our main issue is our injuries that never really cease and Kovac isn't skilled enough to manage it all accordingly. It looked promising the first seven matches before the injuries started to pile up successively, then shit hit the fan.

I'm pretty sure that Kovac will be sacked coming summer. We will be in dire need of a coach with experience from creating a team from scratch as we will need to fill various gaps in our squad. So I'm starting to be like hell, as long as we finish top 4 I'm fine.

Old 22-12-2018, 21:24   #51
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Props to our defense though, it's been much better as of lately
BZ Squad member6
Grey (23-12-2018)
Old 22-12-2018, 23:25   #52
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:

Thank you mate
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Bayer (22-12-2018)
Old 23-12-2018, 00:49   #53
mea95
Mea San Mea

BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
edinburgh1966 (23-12-2018), L4nd3r (23-12-2018)
Old 23-12-2018, 04:31   #54
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Props to our defense though, it's been much better as of lately
Seriously. This is the first game I can say our defense looked tactically well-trained, as opposed to be salvaged by individual heroics.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 24-12-2018, 20:27   #55
Fritz
Banned

Looks they are showing their "new" game. The new game after ticki-taka or whatever the fook it was called. The transition is plainly taking place. The fragility of some players are really of concern. I guess they don't eat enough red meat or they are made from glass. I am really hopeful the locomotive has been gaining impetus to plow them through Liverpool. If they spank them to shame then CL final is withing a spit distance. I don't mind BVB getting the league title for the sake of Bundesliga sport level but I want them to sweat bad until the very end.
franz (25-12-2018), Morlock (24-12-2018)
Old 24-12-2018, 22:42   #56
Kim
Peaky Blinders

Kovac surely can make this team turn into a well-oiled machine, playing the way he always wanted, maybe it'll look good or not but that's his football. But for sure that will not happen soon, at least this season. He need new fresh bloods, younger players and suite his phisolophy. Maybe half of the whole team..? Because no one in the world could guide players like Hummels, Boateng, Ribery.... to play fast and direct football anymore. They are totally brain-washed by Pep's tiki-taka (Imagine you're a Taichi master then you've to learn Muay Thai moves to play MMA). In the first half of the Dortmund game I saw the Bayern that Kovac really wanted and I could imagine what he’s planning to do in the future with this team. We played TOTALLY direct football, but the players somehow couldn't (did not want to?) do the exact same thing for the whole game. We're in the very early of the transition, of course it'll look like a total mess. Let's just give him at least some time.

Last edited by Kim; 24-12-2018 at 22:59.
Morlock (19-01-2019)
Closed Thread