Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Discussions

Old 17-07-2019, 17:02   #1216
Ciriaco
BZ Member

This is my biggest concern regarding next season.

Regardless of the players we may sign, even if get players like Sane and co. how can we expect that they will follow the coach and build a team if our own board is not convinced in his abilities??

If the board is not 1000% behind the coach you will fail as a coach for sure like Carlo did for example.

But I have to give this to the board. I mean Niko ffs... Zacharia, Perisic and Neuman??? Really dude?? You come in a club where you can get almost every other player on the planet and this is your choice? Come on man, get it together. This is not Eintracht. We are not fighting for Europe or relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The above post is liked by:
Bayer (18-07-2019), Nils (18-07-2019)
Old 17-07-2019, 23:13   #1217
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
I think that if you get hired by a top club as the likes of Bayern you should've earned that kind of right by default lol but anyways on the paper he topped the CL group, lost to the future Champions of Europe and won all 3 domestic trophies which according to the board are "the bread and butter" for the club lol
I’m not sure I’d go that far, but I definitely agree with your broader point: why bother retaining a coach that you clearly have no faith in? Either fire him or give him control. This middle ground “compromise” screams of weakness.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
The above post is liked by:
Bayer (18-07-2019)
Old 18-07-2019, 04:37   #1218
Muller25
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
I think that if you get hired by a top club as the likes of Bayern you should've earned that kind of right by default lol but anyways on the paper he topped the CL group, lost to the future Champions of Europe and won all 3 domestic trophies which according to the board are "the bread and butter" for the club lol
He didn’t do enough before getting Bayerns job to warrant that.
BZ Squad member58
Old 18-07-2019, 07:43   #1219
bayern_fan
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I’m not sure I’d go that far, but I definitely agree with your broader point: why bother retaining a coach that you clearly have no faith in? Either fire him or give him control. This middle ground “compromise” screams of weakness.
and who got control at bayern? Neither did Pep, neither did LVG.. Yes they got their wishes here and there BUT those wishes were either really good players or some cheap players. Pep didnt get Neymar he probably wanted some other expensive players and bayern were cheap and that why probably he decided to leave. LVG got some players like Pranjic and Brafheid but those costed peanuts.

Now Kovac is asking for players like Rebic,Perisic etc players who will cost over 40 mil while they are bang average. Some other younger players he wants like Zakaria,Neuhaus wont be cheap too.
Last thing we want is to fill this squad with some average players that were brought only because of the coach.

Bayern always was setup by our board while coaches got their wishes as long as our board aproved those players.

In the end Kovac only stayed because he won the double and it will send a wrong message to other coaches to fire him. Probably KHR and most of the players are not convinced by him at all.
Old 18-07-2019, 19:32   #1220
St3ph3n
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post
and who got control at bayern? Neither did Pep, neither did LVG.. Yes they got their wishes here and there BUT those wishes were either really good players or some cheap players. Pep didnt get Neymar he probably wanted some other expensive players and bayern were cheap and that why probably he decided to leave. LVG got some players like Pranjic and Brafheid but those costed peanuts.

Now Kovac is asking for players like Rebic,Perisic etc players who will cost over 40 mil while they are bang average. Some other younger players he wants like Zakaria,Neuhaus wont be cheap too.
Last thing we want is to fill this squad with some average players that were brought only because of the coach.

Bayern always was setup by our board while coaches got their wishes as long as our board aproved those players.

In the end Kovac only stayed because he won the double and it will send a wrong message to other coaches to fire him. Probably KHR and most of the players are not convinced by him at all.
I would not call perisic bang average, look at his NT performances. Dude brings mentality workhorse rate and balance...but yeah..not quite what we expect to bring in..
BZ Squad member57
Old Yesterday, 15:43   #1221
EM1R
Sergeant Gnabry

BZ Squad member21
Old Yesterday, 21:16   #1222
Kim
Peaky Blinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ph3n View Post
I would not call perisic bang average, look at his NT performances. Dude brings mentality workhorse rate and balance...but yeah..not quite what we expect to bring in..
The whole Croatia team played exceptional last WC (Even Modric played with his 200%). But it simply does not work like that. The only way to bring that Perisic NT to Bayern is buying the whole Croatia squad including the coach, Dalic Zlatko. Perisic at Inter I believe he's nothing more than a crossing machine into Icardi's head.