Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > General > Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 14-05-2016, 13:07   #16
Wavy
BZ Member

Ermahgerd, thers ers beurterferl.

I can't say this enough. It's making me horny how good this looks. I wanna fuck the screen.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 14-05-2016, 13:18   #17
kocharyoda
Milky

It's beautiful!

Old 14-05-2016, 13:33   #18
Effenbergfan
Der Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
Ermahgerd, thers ers beurterferl.

I can't say this enough. It's making me horny how good this looks. I wanna fuck the screen.
Sometimes when I read your stuff I'm really concerned about your mental condition

OT: really nice work from Garci en Trim. Like the colors of the older CL jersey, well thought!
BZ Squad member2
Old 14-05-2016, 16:31   #19
St3ph3n
Renato LOLchez

For both guys,but especially Trim for putting his "pep guardiola" stuborness aside and giving this a chance,a shot ,making it happen!
awesome way to end the season btw :-)
BZ Squad member57
Old 14-05-2016, 16:45   #20
diDi7
saltines&orangejuice

Trim > Pep
BZ Squad member69
Old 14-05-2016, 16:47   #21
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ph3n View Post
For both guys,but especially Trim for putting his "pep guardiola" stuborness aside and giving this a chance,a shot ,making it happen!
awesome way to end the season btw :-)
Trust me, Trim's reasons were super valid. We started work at around 14pm on my end and the theme went live at 20:00, so that's 6 hours of uninterrupted work we put in to get this working. And I do mean uninterrupted, we had constant PM's going on as well as a thread where we discussed updates, it's all on record. Add to that the fact that I had the design ready so a lot of things were made much easier, but that time I put in by myself easily adds some 2-3 hours into the equation.

During that time, we were tinkering around the theme control panel to find out what colors meant what, putting the right codes in, going out, seeing what had changed, seeing if it looked good, rinse and repeat for everything. While I was doing that, Trim was scouring the internet for the icon packs you see, messing with the code behind the scenes to make the usernames and such show white instead of black, ensuring that nothing broke. We had to recolor some of the old theme's icons, add some new ones, polish them up to standards. This was all discussed and thought about to make sure the quality was the most it can be.

Once the broad strokes were done, we had to fine tune even the slightest details - this shade of blue is too dark, this one's too light, the post borders are invisible, now they're too bright, we broke the quick reply box, why is this text showing up green, make the borders lighter again, what do you think about this shade of red, we should really fix the quick reply box, so on and so forth.

So all in all it was a lot of uninterrupted man-hours to get a theme running from nothingness to existence, a task which Trim was actually facing alone when he was presented with this suggestion. I actually had to be made Admin of the site (temporarily, no red name) which is nothing no sane Admin wants to do, so that we could ensure that everything was working properly, and to save us both a TON of time. If he had been the one running the show and I had had to blindly send colours for him to fill in (as was originally the plan) it would have taken us a month at the very least to get this working.

I'd understand calling him stubborn if it had been some sort of moral principle or something, like, if he'd had a dark theme ready and was just "nope, not having this because I don't want to". Then I'd call him stubborn until the sun burned out and the mountains crumbled to the sea. But being faced with such a monumental task, alone, for something that is merely aesthetic and not everyone is going to use... I'm not sure I would have done it either. The amount of work and love Trim has put into this site cannot be understated - we have a great Admin on our hands. He's anything but stubborn.

Last edited by Garci; 14-05-2016 at 16:51.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 14-05-2016, 16:52   #22
Wavy
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garci View Post
Trust me, Trim's reasons were super valid. We started work at around 14pm on my end and the theme went live at 20:00, so that's 6 hours of uninterrupted work we put in to get this working. And I do mean uninterrupted, we had constant PM's going on as well as a thread where we discussed updates, it's all on record. Add to that the fact that I had the design ready so a lot of things were made much easier, but that time I put in by myself easily adds some 2-3 hours into the equation.

During that time, we were tinkering around the theme control panel to find out what colors meant what, putting the right codes in, going out, seeing what had changed, seeing if it looked good, rinse and repeat for everything. While I was doing that, Trim was scouring the internet for the icon packs you see, messing with the code behind the scenes to make the usernames and such show white instead of black, ensuring that nothing broke. We had to recolor some of the old theme's icons, add some new ones, polish them up to standards. This was all discussed and thought about to make sure the quality was the most it can be.

Once the broad strokes were done, we had to fine tune even the slightest details - this shade of blue is too dark, this one's too light, the post borders are invisible, now they're too bright, we broke the quick reply box, why is this text showing up green, make the borders lighter again, what do you think about this shade of red, we should really fix the quick reply box, so on and so forth.

So all in all it was a lot of uninterrupted man-hours to get a theme running from nothingness to existence, a task which Trim was actually facing alone when he was presented with this suggestion. I actually had to be made Admin of the site (temporarily, no red name) which is nothing no sane Admin wants to do, so that we could ensure that everything was working properly, and to save us both a TON of time. If he had been the one running the show and I had had to blindly send colours for him to fill in (as was originally the plan) it would have taken us a month at the very least to get this working.

I'd understand calling him stubborn if it had been some sort of moral principle or something, like, if he'd had a dark theme ready and was just "nope, not having this because I don't want to". Then I'd call him stubborn until the sun burned out and the mountains crumbled to the sea. But being faced with such a monumental task, alone, for something that is merely aesthetic and not everyone is going to use... I'm not sure I would have done it either. The amount of work and love Trim has put into this site cannot be understated - we have a great Admin on our hands. He's anything but stubborn.
Guys from the Skype group, this is what they were talking all the time in the private thread. I still can't understand shit though. But it seems hard work. And I witnessed that yesterday. You need to appreciate these two more I'm telling you.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 14-05-2016, 16:53   #23
St3ph3n
Renato LOLchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garci View Post

Once the broad strokes were done, we had to fine tune even the slightest details - this shade of blue is too dark, this one's too light, the post borders are invisible, now they're too bright, we broke the quick reply box, why is this text showing up green, make the borders lighter again, what do you think about this shade of red, we should fix the quick reply box, so on and so forth.

So all in all it was a lot of uninterrupted man-hours to get a theme running from nothingness to existence, a task which Trim was actually facing alone when he was presented with this suggestion. I actually had to be made Admin of the site (temporarily, no red name) so that we could ensure that everything was working properly, and to save us both a TON of time, because if he had been the one running the show and I had had to blindly send colours for him to fill in (as was originally the plan) it would have taken us a month at the very least to get this working.

I understand, but I'm 100%, and most of us also I think, a noob
All we see is no as anwser lol . Wich is fine for me cause a NO is what you have,a yes is what you can get, right?
In other words no idea what goes behind the scenes when asking those questions.
Again enormous gratitude and credit for this teamwork!
BZ Squad member57
Old 14-05-2016, 16:54   #24
St3ph3n
Renato LOLchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by diDi7 View Post
Trim > Pep
at this moment,
Trim adn Garci > > Pep > zlatan> argeta
BZ Squad member57
Old 14-05-2016, 16:56   #25
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ph3n View Post
I understand, but I'm 100%, and most of us also I think, a noob
All we see is no as anwser lol . Wich is fine for me cause a NO is what you have,a yes is what you can get, right?
In other words no idea what goes behind the scenes when asking those questions.
Again enormous gratitude and credit for this teamwork!
I totally get it it's why I made that post. I very much honor transparency as a value and I feel in this case Trim was being reserved about the work he puts in, and in my view, he deserves a huge round of applause for all he does.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 14-05-2016, 17:25   #26
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

I know it's a bit off topic(a lot actually), but where's is the other admin/founder? I have never seen him around.
BZ Squad member27
Old 14-05-2016, 19:28   #27
diDi7
saltines&orangejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
I know it's a bit off topic(a lot actually), but where's is the other admin/founder? I have never seen him around.
Quote:
Get all the juicy details from our Skype group.
BZ Squad member69
Old 14-05-2016, 20:38   #28
Lord Byron
BZ Member

i see some nice updates..

can we save the theme to our profile?
BZ Squad member12
Old 14-05-2016, 21:19   #29
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
I don't use skype.
BZ Squad member27
Old 14-05-2016, 22:15   #30
Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Behind the scenes.

Closed Thread