Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

View Poll Results: Does Arturo Vidal's thread belong to the Hall of Fame?
Yes 1 4.76%
No 20 95.24%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-04-2019, 09:06   #1546
EM1R
suicide watch season

He's killing it at Barcelona and we're stuck with Renato Sanches
BZ Squad member21
Old 24-04-2019, 14:11   #1547
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1R View Post
He's killing it at Barcelona and we're stuck with Renato Sanches
Nah man, you don't understand, all we have to do is give Renato a proper chance and he'll be the next greatest player in the world.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 24-04-2019, 14:18   #1548
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Nah man, you don't understand, all we have to do is give Renato a proper chance and he'll be the next greatest player in the world.
Hey you're finally getting it!
BZ Squad member25
Old 24-04-2019, 14:33   #1549
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Should've sold Sanches and kept Vidal, he's way more valuable to a team than Sanches even if he will be 32 in a month.
BZ Squad member6
The above post is liked by:
Grey (24-04-2019)
Old 24-04-2019, 14:46   #1550
franz
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Should've sold Sanches and kept Vidal, he's way more valuable to a team than Sanches even if he will be 32 in a month.
Vidal would have no playing time at all or prejudice Goretzka adaption in our team. Sell him was not a bad move at all.

Is he killing it at Barcelona though? Not a starter this season and the next one with De Jong even less. If there is someone killing it at Barcelona midfield its Arthur. A true generational talent, unlike Sanches.
Sakujo (24-04-2019)
Old 24-04-2019, 14:56   #1551
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
Vidal would have no playing time at all or prejudice Goretzka adaption in our team. Sell him was not a bad move at all.

Is he killing it at Barcelona though? Not a starter this season and the next one with De Jong even less. If there is someone killing it at Barcelona midfield its Arthur. A true generational talent, unlike Sanches.
Of course he would get game time, especially with the injuries we often suffer in the midfield/defensive. Not advocating for him being a starter, but he would make a much better squad player than Sanches imo.

Vidal is a quality player (was world class until recently), that can go in and help you immediately, something Sanches never been able to do.
BZ Squad member6
Old 24-04-2019, 15:00   #1552
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post

I think I agree with you, but not necessarily with what you are nominally saying. Vidal definitely would have gotten game time this season. Between injuries to Tolisso, Thiago, and James, as well as James's lack of form, and Kimmich sometimes playing midfield, I have very little doubt that Vidal would have played plenty with us this season. Where I agree with you though is that there was no way to tell this last summer, and so selling Vidal made perfect sense then.
franz (24-04-2019)
Old 24-04-2019, 15:11   #1553
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I think I agree with you, but not necessarily with what you are nominally saying. Vidal definitely would have gotten game time this season. Between injuries to Tolisso, Thiago, and James, as well as James's lack of form, and Kimmich sometimes playing midfield, I have very little doubt that Vidal would have played plenty with us this season. Where I agree with you though is that there was no way to tell this last summer, and so selling Vidal made perfect sense then.
Hypothetical question; Would you have sold Sanches instead of Vidal last summer if you were in charge?
BZ Squad member6
Old 24-04-2019, 16:19   #1554
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Hypothetical question; Would you have sold Sanches instead of Vidal last summer if you were in charge?
I wanted to sell both, remember? But if I had to choose, I would have probably sold Vidal and kept Sanches. Hindsight being 20/20, it’s beyond obvious how mich Vidal would have helped us this season, at least compared to Sanches. But as I said in my comment to franz, it’s difficult to know these things before they happen, and I think it made a lot more sense at the time to sell Vidal and keep Sanches, under the premise that Tolisso and Goretzka overlapped in positions, while James was in prime form.

Imagine if we had Vidal against Liverpool though, my god.
OnlyInsider (24-04-2019)
Old 24-04-2019, 17:42   #1555
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Meh, won't cry over the Vidal that played for Bayern.
BZ Squad member27
Nils (24-04-2019)