Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

Old 27-06-2012, 22:31   #31
HSK
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockheim View Post
My biggest concern is that he won't accept to sit on the bench for a whole season. He has attitude problems and could create some fuss if dissatisfied.
Why would he have to sit on the bench for the whole season? The point in buying good players is to rotate.
BZ Squad member19
Old 27-06-2012, 22:34   #32
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Welcome To Bayern
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Old 27-06-2012, 22:36   #33
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSK View Post
Why would he have to sit on the bench for the whole season? The point in buying good players is to rotate.
If Pizarro and Gomez outcompete him. Possible, but we'll see what actually happens.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 27-06-2012, 22:39   #34
HSK
BZ Member

I expect Pizarro to be the 80min sub when we're losing.

I think Mandzukic is actually going to start some matches, and he can also play as SS.
BZ Squad member19
Old 27-06-2012, 23:53   #35
mavros
DFB-FCB

Welcome to Bayern Mario Mandzukic.

I don't know this player very well but I've read Giovanne's analysis and this is more than enough for me as his opinion is more than reliable. Especially when this coming for a player being his compatriot as Mandzukic is!

The sure comments that I can make for this player is that he is a player with different temperament than Gomez is, with a lot of what we call football audacity and "balls".
He is more of a "bad" boy while Gomez is the "good" one.
We need a couple of those players as Bayern turn to be a female college!

Also he looks very good in the air and that means one more threat from the set pieces in which we were so poor last season, esp. if we play with both Marios in the same game.

Finally, I like very much Croats because of their fighting spirit and I really like to have at least one in our team.

As for our members that are disappointed about this transfer I have this to say!
First of all we are one of the three if not the best team in the world considering the starting eleven players.

IMO only Khedira, Ozil, and Falcao could probably have a guaranteed spot on the starting line-up.

If we cant have one of those three, there is no reason for spending 40M for someone sitting on the bench.

Bayern's problem was quantity of quality on the bench and now this problem tends to disappear.

So , for one more time..... Mario Mandzukic WELCOME TO BAYERN!!!
BZ Squad member17
Old 28-06-2012, 05:54   #36
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSK View Post
I expect Pizarro to be the 80min sub when we're losing.

I think Mandzukic is actually going to start some matches, and he can also play as SS.
This. Pizarro is going to be 11-12's Olic, as sad as that is. Might get some starts if somehow both Mario's start playing together (which is a real possibility, by the way) and they're tired inbetween fixtures, maybe DFB or a not-so-important Bundesliga game. But the chemistry between Mandzukic and Gomez is something I'd really like to see Jupp explore, it might be the key to stop being so predictable, or at least a step in the right direction.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 28-06-2012, 06:36   #37
Miss-Bayern
Banned

Last edited by Miss-Bayern; 28-06-2012 at 06:41.
Old 28-06-2012, 07:25   #38
Giovane
Herr Münchener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Welcome to Bayern Mario Mandzukic.

I don't know this player very well but I've read Giovanne's analysis and this is more than enough for me as his opinion is more than reliable. Especially when this coming for a player being his compatriot as Mandzukic is!
Thank you mate on those kind words...

As for the rest of the post, I can only second it!

Quote:
The sure comments that I can make for this player is that he is a player with different temperament than Gomez is, with a lot of what we call football audacity and "balls".
He is more of a "bad" boy while Gomez is the "good" one.
We need a couple of those players as Bayern turn to be a female college!
Yes! Now we can play good striker, bad striker...

Quote:
As for our members that are disappointed about this transfer I have this to say!
First of all we are one of the three if not the best team in the world considering the starting eleven players.

IMO only Khedira, Ozil, and Falcao could probably have a guaranteed spot on the starting line-up.

If we cant have one of those three, there is no reason for spending 40M for someone sitting on the bench.

Bayern's problem was quantity of quality on the bench and now this problem tends to disappear.
This! Except Mandzo's versatility opposed to Dzeko's simmilarity to Gomez, and the price tags of both of them, this is what is this transfer all about!

Again, welcome Mario!
Sponsor of the 2018 Ms. BZ
Old 28-06-2012, 07:54   #39
The Bavarian
FC BaYYaN ..

Welcome you Croatian fighter .... If he plays with Bayern the way he played vs. Spain and Italy..i will be more than satisfied

Best of luck Mandzu
Old 28-06-2012, 09:59   #40
mea95
Mea San Mea

He's 26 years old ?!
I thought he was 23-24 years old ...
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Old 28-06-2012, 11:31   #41
HaSSàN
Gimme 5 !

He scored so many goals with his head... I like such strikers !
Welcome to Bayern
Old 28-06-2012, 13:25   #42
Lembitu
BZ Member

Quote:
It means Messi, Ronaldo, Agüero, Silva, Yaya, Van Persie, Iniesta, Benzema, Xavi, Vidic etc would be bench players in Bayern?
Trolling mode off: I guess you meant those players that would be actually available to be bought. Agree with you then

OT: After reading comments from those who've watched him regularly, I'm positive about this signing and looking forward to seeing him in action.

Any talk about what's going to be his number? 9 maybe if Petersen gets loaned/sold?
Old 28-06-2012, 13:28   #43
CroCHEF
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lembitu View Post

Any talk about what's going to be his number? 9 maybe if Petersen gets loaned/sold?
BZ Squad member33
Old 29-06-2012, 15:36   #44
CroCHEF
BZ Member

Đilkoš is in town
BZ Squad member33
Old 29-06-2012, 18:14   #45
p4vo
complic4te♡

Đilkoš? What does it mean?

I'm just not convinced about this Mandzukic transfer. I've talked to some colleagues at work, a guy wich is a dire hard United fan said to me: "How can it be Bayern München keeps doing those cheap transfers? You've must have a huge financial budget for transfers and yet no big signings", i couldn't help to agree abit. Then he also believes that we won't sign Martinez because of the price & he think he is heading to Barcelona anyways.

I can't wait to watch Mandzukic to see whats he is all about. I really hope he proves me wrong. I will of course support our new player thats the least you can do but i've got my doubts i must confest.