Place of birth Schorndorf, Germany
Height 1.92 m
Playing position Goalkeeper

Old 16-06-2015, 09:49   #2
Effenbergfan
Der Tiger

Presseerklärung: FCB verpflichtet Sven Ulreich - FC Bayern München AG

Quote:
Torhüter Sven Ulreich wechselt vom VfB Stuttgart zum FC Bayern München. Der 26-Jährige hat am Montagabend an der Säbener Straße einen Drei-Jahres-Vertrag bis 30. Juni 2018 unterzeichnet und wird ab 1. Juli 2015 den Kader von Pep Guardiola verstärken. Über die Ablösesumme haben beide Klubs Stillschweigen vereinbart. „Wir sind sehr zufrieden, dass wir mit Sven Ulreich einen erfahrenen Bundesliga-Torwart verpflichten konnten“, so Jan-Christian Dreesen, der stellvertretende Vorstandsvorsitzende der FC Bayern München AG.Ulreich absolvierte in der vergangenen Saison 28 Bundesliga-Spiele für den VfB. „Ich habe nach vielen Jahren in Stuttgart eine neue Herausforderung gesucht. Da bin ich hier beim FC Bayern genau an der richtigen Adresse“, so der gebürtige Schorndorfer, „ich freue mich riesig auf die ganze Mannschaft und all das Neue, das auf mich zukommt. Ich möchte meinen Teil zum Erfolg beitragen und werde immer da sein, wenn ich gebraucht werde.“Seit 1998 trug Ulreich das Trikot des VfB Stuttgart. 2005 wurde er mit den A-Junioren des Vereins Deutscher Meister, 2008 feierte er sein Bundesliga-Debüt. Insgesamt bestritt der Torhüter 220 Pflichtspiele für die Schwaben. „Sven Ulreich passt nicht nur sportlich, sondern auch charakterlich perfekt zum FC Bayern München. Wir sind froh, dass er sich für uns entschieden hat“, so Dreesen.

Goalkeeper Sven Ulreich makes the transfer from VfB Stuttgart to FC Bayern München. The 26-years old signed a 3 year deal till 2018 on Monday evening.
Both teams agreed to not mention the transferfee. He playes 28 games in Bundesliga last season.
He was a Stuttgart player since 1998. He was german champion with the A-Junioren (U21).
He made his debut in 2008. He played a total of 220 matches for Stuttgart.

Dreesen: “We are very happy that with Sven we have managed to get an experienced Bundesliga goalkeeper. Sven is a right fit for us as well on what he’s capable of as well with his character. We are happy his choice fell on us”

Ulreich: “I needed a new challenge after many years with Stuttgart. And at FCB I think I am on the exact spot for it. I’m looking forward to meet the team and I’m excited for all the new things that are heading my way. I want to be a part of the success and want to be there when I’m needed."
BZ Squad member2
Old 16-06-2015, 10:43   #3
Fussballgott
BZ World Champion

He is the guy who take the most beautiful "Bayern goal" of the last 2 seasons ... by Thiago ?

#sarcasm

Welcome to him.
BZ Squad member39
Old 16-06-2015, 11:19   #4
Preds
Banned

Welcome whoever you are.
Old 16-06-2015, 11:25   #5
albanian7
MIA SAN MIA

First thing: Welcome
Second thing: I don't watch much VfB matches, apart from the two-a-season Bayern-VfB ones. Yes, I remember that brilliant bicycle Thiago goal but other than that, I don't know how good this guy is. Do we have any avid VfB fan around here that can tell us how good he is?
Third thing: Unless Manu gets injured (and he showed it again and again that he plays with minor injuries, so let's hope he won't break a leg or sth), he will only need to play a couple of matches to give Neuer a rest so he doesn't need to be the best GK on earth.
Fourth thing: Reina was very, very good. I don't think this guy is at his level (we would have heard it if he were). So bye Reina, good luck in Naples
Fifth thing: He has the right attitude, if we would judge a book by his cover, or in this case, his attitude from his interview video
Sixth: Sorry for being "racist", but it's the first time in these 2 years than a German replaces a Spanish
Old 16-06-2015, 12:13   #6
Xivon
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanian7 View Post
Second thing: I don't watch much VfB matches, apart from the two-a-season Bayern-VfB ones. Yes, I remember that brilliant bicycle Thiago goal but other than that, I don't know how good this guy is.
He's more Starke than Neuer, imo, great on the line and in 1vs1. His build-up play isn't very good nor is his distribution - that could be a problem if Neuer's injured, but I'm confident that Toni can improve his abilities in that area. He'll be no Neuer and no Reina, but I think he's a good backup.
Old 16-06-2015, 15:03   #7
FreeBird
Stand Tall

His picture didn't look anything like i thought it would...

Spoiler
Old 16-06-2015, 18:00   #8
mavros
DFB-FCB

I will play the bad guy for one more time....

We chose for one more time a Β class goalkeeper from inside Germany while Zieler, Trapp, Leno, Fahrmann, Sommer etc. are better and available.

I have stated many times that any big team must have 2 top class goalkeepers.

Three years ago before we sign Starke I suggested we should buy, Ter Stegen or Trapp and the most members of this forum had the opinion that all the talented young keepers should be in a team that they would have more playing time and gain experience, and not in Bayern as Neuer's back up.

Then, last year M.A.T.S was transfered to Farca as the 2nd tier goalkeeper behind Claudio Bravo.
And you know what, he played all the CL and the Spanish cup games as a starter, he evolved magnificently and won the treble among other things....

It's obvious that M.A.T.S didn't deserve to be in Bayern's bench, but I guess for Farca's it's ok!

As for Bayern, lets sit back watching how big teams are build, and make all our prayers for Manuel not to get injured before a crucial CL knock out game (like we did while Starke was on the bench), so that we won't get eliminated!

Cheers....
BZ Squad member17
Old 16-06-2015, 18:04   #9
micky
Arp you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
We chose for one more time a Β class goalkeeper from inside Germany while Zieler, Trapp, Leno, Fahrmann, Sommer etc. are better and available.
On what do you base the argument that they're all available?

I, for one, are happy with Ulreich being the 2nd keeper. He's no Reina, that's for sure, but he's still good enough for the role.
BZ Squad member22
Old 16-06-2015, 18:10   #10
JonasB
BZ Member

Quote:

Three years ago before we sign Starke I suggested we should buy, Ter Stegen or Trapp and the most members of this forum had the opinion that all the talented young keepers should be in a team that they would have more playing time and gain experience, and not in Bayern as Neuer's back up.

Then, last year M.A.T.S was transfered to Farca as the 2nd tier goalkeeper behind Claudio Bravo.
And you know what, he played all the CL and the Spanish cup games as a starter, he evolved magnificently and won the treble among other things....

It's obvious that M.A.T.S didn't deserve to be in Bayern's bench, but I guess for Farca's it's ok!

As for Bayern, lets sit back watching how big teams are build, and make all our prayers for Manuel not to get injured before a crucial CL knock out game (like we did while Starke was on the bench), so that we won't get eliminated!

Cheers....

When you think about that our 2 keeper is probably going to play 3-4 games in next season, I think that Sven Ulreich is a very good sub signing for Manuel Neuer...
Old 16-06-2015, 18:17   #11
mavros
DFB-FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
On what do you base the argument that they're all available?

I, for one, are happy with Ulreich being the 2nd keeper. He's no Reina, that's for sure, but he's still good enough for the role.
I wish you'll be equaly happy after seeing him performing in Bernabeou or Camp Nou, but I'm sure you won't be!
Neither do I, of course!

Also, did we even bother to check if any one of those is available?
What I mean to say is that our board do not show the proper interest in the buck up keeper position.
It's a very serious matter for any team!

I'm sure that if Pep wasn't here we wouldn't have sign Reina, neither!
It just happened because he was available and he declared his interest for Bayern because Pep was here!
BZ Squad member17
Old 16-06-2015, 18:28   #12
albanian7
MIA SAN MIA

Quote:

Cheers....
I usually do the bad-guy thing too. I think our board's frugality, in most cases, is touching plain stupidity. Money should be on the field, not in the bank, period.

In this case, however, I have to disagree. We cannot do a MAtS/Bravo thing because Neuer is one of the team's leaders and he would never accept that. Neuer wanted to play even when he was injured, even for stupid BuLi games with close to 0 shots on target.
Pepe Reina was, in my opinion, perfect for that role. He was probably the best GK who was fine with being benched for a full season, despite being able to play as a starter for most European teams. But, he wants to leave and we can't keep him tied up in Allianz Arena. Zieler/Trapp/Sommer/the rest are starters in their very good teams .. why would they accept staying on our bench, even for a slightly higher wage? They can play in both CHL & BuLi .. they can play up to 50 matches per season in their respective clubs. Why would they accept to come here? The one I think would be a great signing would be Roman Burki but he chose Dortmund, where he can play cup matches and leave the league games to Langerak or sth like that. He'll still get more playtime than what he would get here.

On the other hand, like I said in the beginning: I think our board's frugality, in most cases, is touching plain stupidity. Meaning, we could use a world-class winger, a world-class CM and a world class RB and if the board won't sign them because the sum would go over 80m, then we can do the "bad guy" thing again.
Old 16-06-2015, 18:28   #13
Luftstalag14
Banned

Quote:

Cheers....
None of those top tier goalkeepers wants to sit on the bench and play 3 or 4 games a year. They have bigger aspirations and want to play more games. Because Neuer is THAT good, he will not cease to play unless he is injured.

As to Ter Stegen, the situation is far different. He was our starting keeper at the beginning of the 14/15 season but got injured, unluckily. Bravo had to take over and since he went on to a 10 or 11-game streak without conceding a goal, it only made sense that he was the starting keeper. Ter Stegen played all the cup and CL games for us, that's FAR more than any Bayern 2nd keeper will be playing as long as Neuer is the starting keeper.
Old 16-06-2015, 18:43   #14
mavros
DFB-FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanian7 View Post
I usually do the bad-guy thing too. I think our board's frugality, in most cases, is touching plain stupidity. Money should be on the field, not in the bank, period.

In this case, however, I have to disagree. We cannot do a MAtS/Bravo thing because Neuer is one of the team's leaders and he would never accept that. Neuer wanted to play even when he was injured, even for stupid BuLi games with close to 0 shots on target.
Pepe Reina was, in my opinion, perfect for that role. He was probably the best GK who was fine with being benched for a full season, despite being able to play as a starter for most European teams. But, he wants to leave and we can't keep him tied up in Allianz Arena. Zieler/Trapp/Sommer/the rest are starters in their very good teams .. why would they accept staying on our bench, even for a slightly higher wage? They can play in both CHL & BuLi .. they can play up to 50 matches per season in their respective clubs. Why would they accept to come here? The one I think would be a great signing would be Roman Burki but he chose Dortmund, where he can play cup matches and leave the league games to Langerak or sth like that. He'll still get more playtime than what he would get here.

On the other hand, like I said in the beginning: I think our board's frugality, in most cases, is touching plain stupidity. Meaning, we could use a world-class winger, a world-class CM and a world class RB and if the board won't sign them because the sum would go over 80m, then we can do the "bad guy" thing again.
I never said we should do a Bravo/Ter Stegen thing mate.
Im sure neither Farca's intention was something like that.
They bought M.A.T.S to cover the buck up keeper position.
The matter came out in progress. It was something Louis Enrique dicided out of schedule.

My point is that our back-up keeper should be a quality one.
Someone that won't be average and that will accept to be Neuer's back up' Like Reina did last year!

You think that we can't find anyone?
BZ Squad member17
Old 16-06-2015, 18:49   #15
albanian7
MIA SAN MIA

Quote:
I never said we should do a Bravo/Ter Stegen thing mate.
Im sure neither Farca's intention was something like that.
They bought M.A.T.S to cover the buck up keeper position.
The matter came out in progress. It was something Louis Enrique dicided out of schedule.

My point is that our back-up keeper should be a quality one.
Someone that won't be average and that will accept to be Neuer's back up' Like Reina did last year!

You think that we can't find anyone?
MAtS wouldn't leave if he wasn't guaranteed a nr of matches in Barca. And by the way, he is better than Bravo - why would they have a better backup than the first-choice? They both were bought in the same transfer window - coincidence?
Yes, I know we should have found a new Reina or do our best to keep the old Pepe Reina. I'm simply saying, getting a top quality GK that may play a total of 0 minutes over a season is kinda hard.