Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > General > Announcements

Old 04-04-2017, 22:01   #31
kailip
Censored by Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by diDi7 View Post
I'm sure you can go and discuss video games on IGN then, you fucking nerd.

Also, rather find somewhere else to spew and wank over your shitty taste in music.
Yes, because this sort of casual conversation topics are very comparable to posting pictures of nude women.

I mean, I'm not against it. I don't have a problem with avoiding threads that add nothing to the forum. Regardless, it's in no way a big loss to not be able to have a babes thread. No insightful conversation or exchange happens in this sort of thread, and as I said, there are other websites for this sort of thing.

Totally disposable topic and I don't blame Garci for not wanting to spend time debating something this silly with the new owners.
BZ Squad member11
Old 04-04-2017, 22:10   #32
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Quote:
I like you, Garci, but wow. This is a pretty inflammatory answer to a very civil question.
I like you too, diDi, but the hypocrisy of calling something inflamatory when you responded to kailip the way you did is not lost on me. I would advise you then, in the name of keeping inflammatory stuff away from the forums, that you reconsider the way you addressed kailip, and the way you usually conduct yourself on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Well, i'm sorry if i want to know the plans the new owners have for the forum. Not talking about sideboob, it wasn't even on the question, fuck the sideboob, that wasn't the point.

I will say it again, it's fishy as fuck why some random people out of nowhere want to buy a Bayern fan forum, doesn't want to say hello, and only want to do things secretively(Are they even Bayern fans? Why they bought the place from Trim? What motivated them? What's their real plan for future). I do care how and why they are maintaining this forum, you don't, it's your prerogative, not mine.

You seem like a nice guy Garci, but you're not really in the control of things, but you are the only face of the administration we see, i'm sorry if you don't care that i find that worrying.
I'll address L4nd3r post, but the message is universal. My reply was not meant to be inflammatory or otherwise provoking, it was my most honest point of view in hopes of coming across clearly. I've never been one to beat around the bush, and I promised myself I wouldn't change that, regardless of the color of my name.

The truth is this: I get that you want to know what the plans are. To all those questions you asked, my honest answer from the heart is "I don't know" - I'm sorry, but I don't. I will not question your reasons for caring, because as you said, that's your prerogative, and who am I to say anything about that. But don't expect the staff to be able to answer them for you, or for the owners themselves to want to answer that.

As bizarre as the situation is to you guys, believe me, it's multiplied for us - we were handpicked by Trim to help the community, and he suddenly gets replaced by new people who now own the site. After the ownership change, we spent months trying to get something as basic as "someone who has Administrative powers" to be around. The fact that my name is red is the result of several months of several long discussions and the fact that they prefer to be behind the scenes, leaving us to run the show.

Now is where we enter the tricky part. You say I'm not in control of things - if by this you mean that I don't own the site, or the servers it's hosted on, then you're right, I don't. Never claimed I did. For that matter, never did I ever make a single cent off of being a staff member here, nor am I making money being an Admin, and have no stakes in this website other than the fact that I love this community, and do my best to make it a better place. You can believe me when I tell you that, if I didn't, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

My point is that the current setup is not something so scary, at least to me. None of us ever owned this website, it was always Trim's or the new owner's. On an everyday basis, what matters is the people on the site, and how it's managed - in that sense, the staff remains the same, with me being a poor stand-in for Trim. If the previous setup made you feel more at ease, then good for you - I do resent being called the face of an administration I have no ties with, but I get that tempers are running hot, so I don't take it personally.

In a nutshell, what I'm saying is the following. The site is under new ownership, who don't want to interfere with the site's operations, and is managed by volunteer staff, who have nothing to do with the owners. We stuck around in order to keep BZ being the great place we all enjoy and keep coming back to - essentially, to continue using the site as we always did, regardless of who owns it. My view of the entire thing is that what matters about BZ is the people in it, not who owns the site, and that was my stance during this entire thing, as well as everyone else's in the staff.

I'll stick around here, running this site to the best of my capabilities, for the benefit of the community. That is the one thing I can speak with 100% confidence about, and that I can promise. If that's not enough for you, then there's nothing I can do for you, or anyone else, and I'm sorry. Other than that, we're here to help. And to me, that's what matters.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 04-04-2017, 22:12   #33
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
What's the logic behind moving the Predictions subsection from the Bayern section to the General section?
The idea was to move all things involving community engagement (such as Predictions, the Hot Seat, BZFL and Miss BZ) to a common subforum. However, all of those are currently hidden because there's no ongoing game, and I was waiting until the layout became more familiar to everyone to reactivate them. If the Predictions being there is a nuisance, then I'll move it back to the Bayern forums.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 04-04-2017, 22:32   #34
diDi7
saltines&orangejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailip View Post
Yes, because this sort of casual conversation topics are very comparable to posting pictures of nude women.

I mean, I'm not against it. I don't have a problem with avoiding threads that add nothing to the forum. Regardless, it's in no way a big loss to not be able to have a babes thread. No insightful conversation or exchange happens in this sort of thread, and as I said, there are other websites for this sort of thing.

Totally disposable topic and I don't blame Garci for not wanting to spend time debating something this silly with the new owners.
I was joking, you pleb. You're clever so I imagined you'd realize that by now.

I'm not even that interested in having the Babes thread running again; I'm plenty happy with the healthier alternative micky opened. I was just wondering since it was a fairly active thread before it was taken down. It had community interest. Also, I think Trim was a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garci View Post
I like you too, diDi, but the hypocrisy of calling something inflamatory when you responded to kailip the way you did is not lost on me. I would advise you then, in the name of keeping inflammatory stuff away from the forums, that you reconsider the way you addressed kailip, and the way you usually conduct yourself on this site.
I have been shitposting somewhat, that I won't deny. I'll try to minimize that.

On the point of my response to kailip, he aught to know I'm only joking. I'd say the context of that pretty much nullifies any inflammatory sentiment I may have had - which I did not.

I'm open to helping out where needed. If I have any suggestions I'll forward them through. I want BZ to be a nice place, too.
BZ Squad member69
Old 04-04-2017, 22:45   #35
kailip
Censored by Gray

Quote:
I was joking, you pleb. You're clever so I imagined you'd realize that by now.

I'm not even that interested in having the Babes thread running again; I'm plenty happy with the healthier alternative micky opened. I was just wondering since it was a fairly active thread before it was taken down. It had community interest. Also, I think Trim was a fan.

I have been shitposting somewhat, that I won't deny. I'll try to minimize that.

On the point of my response to kailip, he aught to know I'm only joking. I'd say the context of that pretty much nullifies any inflammatory sentiment I may have had - which I did not.

I'm open to helping out where needed. If I have any suggestions I'll forward them through. I want BZ to be a nice place, too.
Thanks.

diDi was offensive and should be banned tbh Can confirm, there's a layer of context missing here. diDi wasn't really offensive, it's just some of his usual (crappy) banter.

Spoiler
Don't lie to us you huge wanker. You want the babes thread back with a passion.
BZ Squad member11
Old 04-04-2017, 22:55   #36
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Old 04-04-2017, 23:11   #37
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Well, i'm sorry if i want to know the plans the new owners have for the forum. Not talking about sideboob, it wasn't even on the question, fuck the sideboob, that wasn't the point.

I will say it again, it's fishy as fuck why some random people out of nowhere want to buy a Bayern fan forum, doesn't want to say hello, and only want to do things secretively(Are they even Bayern fans? Why they bought the place from Trim? What motivated them? What's their real plan for future). I do care how and why they are maintaining this forum, you don't, it's your prerogative, not mine.

You seem like a nice guy Garci, but you're not really in the control of things, but you are the only face of the administration we see, i'm sorry if you don't care that i find that worrying.
Honestly though, what's the point of worrying? Genuinely. Who cares who they are. They could be illuminati FF's. So long as the servers stay up what's it to us who bought it or for why?

If the site shut down unexpectedly that certainly would suck, but otherwise the only thing we need is a Garci in red, wavy in pink and a Grey in blue.

Spoiler
shouldn't Grey be grey? Or is it gray?
Spoiler
then again unless your using dark theme the gray Grey wouldn't stand out to much.

It's spring's name still tinted? Don't wanna forget anyone.
Old 04-04-2017, 23:26   #38
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Honestly though, what's the point of worrying? Genuinely. Who cares who they are. They could be illuminati FF's. So long as the servers stay up what's it to us who bought it or for why?

If the site shut down unexpectedly that certainly would suck, but otherwise the only thing we need is a Garci in red, wavy in pink and a Grey in blue.

Spoiler
Spoiler
then again unless your using dark theme the gray Grey wouldn't stand out to much.

I'm genuinely curious hahaha but whatever...

Let's all agree to meet somewhere else to regroup if the servers suddenly shutdown. Maybe... In a Barça forum (any suggestions @Donak? :P) or even in Bluemoon (we can share all our Pep-love with them :P) (JK, by the end of next season, they will also hate the guts of the guy and it wouldn't be fun to visit them any longer).

PD: why is Grey, Grey, instead of Gray? Isn't he 'murican? Or am I confused and 'muricans spell it with "e"?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Last edited by PCapitalist; 04-04-2017 at 23:28.
Old 04-04-2017, 23:38   #39
Grey
Free Cascadia

Grey is the American spelling but also my name is Grayson, so it makes 0 sense. Don't worry about it.

I'm fine with my blue name, it's classic
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 04-04-2017, 23:52   #40
DonAK
Valmierda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post
I'm genuinely curious hahaha but whatever...

Let's all agree to meet somewhere else to regroup if the servers suddenly shutdown. Maybe... In a Barça forum (any suggestions @Donak? :P) or even in Bluemoon (we can share all our Pep-love with them :P) (JK, by the end of next season, they will also hate the guts of the guy and it wouldn't be fun to visit them any longer).

PD: why is Grey, Grey, instead of Gray? Isn't he 'murican? Or am I confused and 'muricans spell it with "e"?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
There are a few Bayern fans there who posts now and then.....

I'll most likely get banned if the horde of you join though and starts taking over the site lol

Just go to Arsenal-Mania or whatever it is called. They're so depressed and fighting each other that they might not even notice their forum turning into a Bayern one

But relax, Pretty sure the owners not shutting down the servers here. Would be bad business.

Last edited by DonAK; 05-04-2017 at 00:00.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:13   #41
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post

Spoiler
Spoiler

Well, it's just that i always look at the gifted horse's mouth, they can carry a disease.

I'm just weirded out by these blessed hidden benefactors that came out of nowhere to help our community in a time of need(I remember Trim busting his ass off to keep this site online and working), and all i (and we) can do is hope they really mean to care for this community, even as a hidden figures.

The fact they didn't came here to announce the changes themselves just leaves things even more weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
There are a few Bayern fans there who posts now and then.....

I'll most likely get banned if the horde of you join though and starts taking over the site lol

Just go to Arsenal-Mania or whatever it is called. They're so depressed and fighting each other that they might not even notice their forum turning into a Bayern one

But relax, Pretty sure the owners not shutting down the servers here. Would be bad business.
I'm not really worried to them shutting the servers down, and if they did, we wouldn't even know against who to complain because they never appeared or disclosed their names/nicknames. I'm more worried about they doing some weird shit using the forum as some kind of hidden proxy. I had too many past problems when trusting humans.

But, hey, if Trim trusted these people to takeover the site, i guess we should too? I will at least give them the benefit of doubt(well, i already was, if i didn't i wouldn't participate in the forum anymore).

Edit: Sorry for the bricks Garci, but Trump said he needed them to build his wall.

Last edited by L4nd3r; 05-04-2017 at 02:19.
BZ Squad member27
Old 05-04-2017, 06:54   #42
LookAtTheTime
BZ Member

Make me a mod
Old 05-04-2017, 07:48   #43
Wavy
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtTheTime View Post
Make me a mod
Of course, right away. How could we have forgotten about this.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 05-04-2017, 08:01   #44
micky
Arp you ready?

Wavy is the greatest mod that has ever lived.

Last edited by Wavy; 05-04-2017 at 08:18. Reason: Respect my authoritah
BZ Squad member22
Old 05-04-2017, 08:58   #45
LookAtTheTime
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
Of course, right away. How could we have forgotten about this.
I'm willing to forgive