Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Transfers

Old 15-04-2019, 05:38   #2401
mavros
DFB-FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
Prior to deciding whether to sign Kai Havertz, Brandt or confirm James on a permanent basis, I think Bayern have yet to untie a much larger knot which we've been letting grow since 2013, after having dismantled the magnificent Schweini-Javi double pivot. This thorny issue to solve remains as of now and it is: how do Bayern intend to set their midfield?

To be more precise, we've all been praising the players our midfield is made up of, whose qualities we've been enchanting for the last years and according to us are second to none, but are we sure we've been deploying said skills in the most proper way?

This season we've been yet again switching from a 4-3-3 to the most recent 4-2-3-1 against BVB and we've been obtaining remarkable results by adopting both formations - however I do believe this has prevented us from peaking at our best and profiting the most out of what we have. Our squad being versatile, while it's definitely a pro, it has ultimately led us to face an even more chaotic situation if anything. I feel like nobody knows how to field Bayern for the big games. I used to believe Javi-Thiago-James would've been the most complete midfield trio under specific circumstances but apparently it won't be the case any longer, so shall we stick to the double pivot (which should be composed by a deep-lying regista and a defensive midifielder, namely Thiago and Javi or another younger DM for that matter) - but then what will happen with Goretzka and Tolisso? And if we use to deploy all the power of the midfield at our availability all at once (Javi/another DM-Thiago-Tolisso/Goretzka) then what's Müller's future here at the club? He'll basically have no room afterwards. Plus not even to mention Lewa seems to benefit from the presence of a CAM/second striker around him, otherwise he seems way too isolated at times (Atlético 2016 anybody?)

I think Bayern should properly address this issue once for all and then decide whether signing another DM who will eventually replace Javi the Bull (tough call) who is certainly not getting any younger or going for a system that includes yet again a CAM/second striker.
Great post in deed!

The thing is that the whole issue should be taken from the opposite edge.
First you settle on who your manager will be, then he picks his favorite formation and then you buy your players "building" your roster.

ΙΜΗΟ the solution in the problem you mentioned unfortunately and wether some of us like it or not, is to get rid of Muller.
His presence and persistence of playing as a SS or winger or even a main striker in some occasions destroys the balance of the whole roster.
Esp. if he continues to play between bad an average as he does since 2016!

As it seems you cannot keep Muller and persuade him to have a bench or rotating role.
So it'll be better for everyone to sell him and then build your team the way I previously mentioned.
BZ Squad member17
The above post is liked by:
Bayer (15-04-2019)
Old 15-04-2019, 11:11   #2402
mavros
DFB-FCB

My new transfer wishlist

Coman(Gnabry) Werner(Lewa) Sane(Davies)

Thiago(Brandt)

Kroos(Weigl) Goretzka(Tolisso)

Lucas(Alaba) De Light(Hummels) Sule(Ginter) Kimmich(Pavard)

Neuer(Trapp)
BZ Squad member17
sobuj (17-04-2019)
Old 15-04-2019, 11:22   #2403
Bayer
Wodan Heerst

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Great post and I agree with pretty much everything you said. I also been wondering many times what the overall plan or should I say vision is. We have many great midfielders and great individuals, but what formation should we play them and us to succeed the most? And that’s also why I wonder why Kimmich wants to play in midfield, (not wondering why he want it) but how we’re gonna make everyone fit into that crowded area?

I know you will always have players who you need to dissapoint as you can only field 11 at a time and it’s nice to have a big squad - but this whole midfield thing really seems like a big mess for us. Especially considereng the lack of direction from the last coaches.

With that said I would still like to get Havertz though
It takes a great coach who can define every single player's role and convince him to stick to it as it's the best solution for the club and him. Something I am not convinced we have as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I fully agree. The one thing I will say though is that Bayern have many options for their midfield. We've tried an awful lot of experimentation over the last couple of seasons or so, and for all the garbage you can say about Bayern Munich over that time frame, our midfield was ALWAYS really strong. And in some ways, that's expected given our huge variety of personnel.
I agree with you...you know, for the style of football we've been chasing for the past few years, it'd have been a disaster if they hadn't signed the proper players for the main area where the whole game develops. When you can pick from a selection that includes the likes of: Thiago, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Javi, Xabi Alonso, Rode, Tolisso Rudy, Goretzka it's hard not to field a super midfield. So yes, bravo to Bayern and their board for being successful at that at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Great post in deed!

The thing is that the whole issue should be taken from the opposite edge.
First you settle on who your manager will be, then he picks his favorite formation and then you buy your players "building" your roster.

ΙΜΗΟ the solution in the problem you mentioned unfortunately and wether some of us like it or not, is to get rid of Muller.
His presence and persistence of playing as a SS or winger or even a main striker in some occasions destroys the balance of the whole roster.
Esp. if he continues to play between bad an average as he does since 2016!

As it seems you cannot keep Muller and persuade him to have a bench or rotating role.
So it'll be better for everyone to sell him and then build your team the way I previously mentioned.
You know what, it's a tough call because albeit the fact Müller has been severely underperforming for years (for many, many reasons) I still see stats showing the team as a whole performs much better when he's on the pitch. We score more and concede less, it's funny, I hear all of you about Müller's lack of consistency and I'm not sure if it's related to Müller solely or just by the presence of a CAM/second striker on the pitch per se but it is what it is.

And yes, as you've also stated, it's a huge pity we're approaching the biggest revolution in Bayern history with a coach we are not sure about after having literally wasted one year more which gave us no response whatsoever and no further knowledge about the state of this team. Moreover we're talking about a coach not even the board fully trusts and who was the 3rd choice to hire. And we're willing to spend that kind of money under such circumstances. Very sad.
BZ Squad member3
Ciriaco (15-04-2019)
Old 15-04-2019, 16:05   #2404
Ciriaco
BZ Member

I agree. My biggest concern is not whether we are going to spend enough money this summer but whether we have a coach that both the players and the board trust enough to take us to the new chapter of club's history.

And thats pretty concerning if you think we are finally prepared to spend big money but we are not sure if we have the right coach.

Cuz the concept of play, the vision, the tactica are as important as the money spend for new stars. We have seen from various examples that only big money does not bring you success. It does not go that way. You must have both elements.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 15-04-2019, 16:44   #2405
rohr
meeehhh

We need a young promising goalkeeper.
BZ Squad member13
Nils (15-04-2019)
Old 15-04-2019, 17:21   #2406
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohr View Post
We need a young promising goalkeeper.
We have two.
BZ Squad member27
Morlock (15-04-2019)
Old 15-04-2019, 18:20   #2407
St3ph3n
BZ Member

We should cockblock donAk and get Ter Stegen home.

Last edited by St3ph3n; 16-04-2019 at 07:47.
BZ Squad member57
mavros (16-04-2019)
Old 16-04-2019, 21:26   #2408
mea95
Mea San Mea

Bring both De Ligt & ten Hag to Munich
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
DanaSchofield (17-04-2019), Kroos39 (17-04-2019), L4nd3r (16-04-2019), LookAtTheTime (16-04-2019), Nils (19-04-2019), RJNair (16-04-2019), rohr (17-04-2019), Thirteen (16-04-2019)
Old 16-04-2019, 21:30   #2409
Thirteen
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
Bring both De Ligt & ten Hag to Munich
Please.
BZ Football Manager Champion
DanaSchofield (17-04-2019)
Old 16-04-2019, 22:04   #2410
bayern_fan
BZ Member

Wow what a style ajax pass combinations pressing fast football.... we must bring ten hag
Kroos39 (17-04-2019), rohr (17-04-2019)
Old 17-04-2019, 15:56   #2411
St3ph3n
BZ Member

Its like Ten Hag is a pep Guardiola 2.0 but with a plan B or C and even D upon its sleeve..
BZ Squad member57
Old 17-04-2019, 16:45   #2412
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ph3n View Post
Its like Ten Hag is a pep Guardiola 2.0 but with a plan B or C and even D upon its sleeve..
Nah, he doesn't have a plan B or C. He only has A, Ajax never changed how they've played.
BZ Squad member27
Old 17-04-2019, 17:08   #2413
Muller25
BZ Member

Ten Hag has to see he needs to leave. All his players will be gone
BZ Squad member58
Old 17-04-2019, 18:32   #2414
Bayer
Wodan Heerst

Many praise de Jong (and rightly so) but what a midfielder Donny van de Beek is! The most complete midfielder out there as it seems.
BZ Squad member3
DanaSchofield (18-04-2019), FernandoBR (17-04-2019), LookAtTheTime (17-04-2019), Thirteen (17-04-2019)
Old 17-04-2019, 18:39   #2415
Thirteen
BZ Member

Donny really impressed me but I fear he'd be too similar to Goretzka and Tolisso if he came here. Great player though.
BZ Football Manager Champion
Bayer (18-04-2019)