Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

Old 27-06-2009, 13:43   #1
Trim

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Full name Anatoliy Oleksandrovych Tymoschuk
Nationality Ukraine
Date of birth 30.03.1979
Place of birth Lutsk, Ukraine
Height 1.81 m
Playing position Defensive midfielder

Old 29-06-2009, 17:09   #2
Trim

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk will wear the number 44 shirt.

Old 15-07-2009, 21:18   #3
Trim

Driven by the fans
Home sweet home still eludes Tymoshchuk

Quote:
There is no formal training at FCB on Wednesday, which suits Anatoliy Tymoshchuk down to the ground. Before heading off with his Bayern team-mates for more than a week at this term’s summer training camp in Donaueschingen, the Ukrainian newcomer will intensify his search for a place to live. “I’ll be driving around a lot tomorrow,” the 30-year-old reported after Tuesday training.

Tymoshchuk has officially been at Bayern for nearly two weeks now, although the midfielder took up residence in a hotel in the heart of the Bavarian capital a few days ahead of the official restart on 1 July. However, he and his wife Nadejda are still looking for the right place to call a home of their own. “So I’m also a little bit unhappy,” the man nicknamed Timo confessed, “the only thing I need before getting totally stuck in is my own home.”

An on-field leader

That aside, the Ukraine skipper already feels 100 percent settled at his new club. Tymoshchuk, who learned some German at school 15 years ago, has no problem understanding what is said on the practice ground. “I understand the coach’s instructions and I’m learning something new in training every day.” He currently prefers to speak to reporters through an interpreter he has known for a decade, although he already understands many media questions without the need for translation.

Replicating his role at former club Zenit St. Petersburg, Tymoshchuk is keen to take on responsibility at Bayern: “I’m a leader.” His favoured role is central defensive midfield, “but if necessary, I’d play up front.” For the first pre-season friendly in Salzburg, he split the holding role with Mark van Bommel, playing more to the right with the Dutchman on his left-hand side.

“Everything I do is for the team, in training and in matches,” emphasised Tymoshchuk, who feels his major strengths are ball-winning and the physical side of the game: “Tackling is where I’m in my element.” He is inspired by the hordes of fans who flock to the Säbener Strasse to observe training on a daily basis. “That’s the most welcome change compared to my previous clubs,” Tymoshchuk remarked, “the fans make me even more determined to give it everything.”
http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/new...2009/20049.php

Old 16-07-2009, 03:40   #4
Scooter

I have a good feeling about Tymoshchuk, he seems like the Effenberg type of player.
Old 16-07-2009, 12:04   #5
keniks
Ein Land, Ein Nation

yeah, i just hope that he is going to play in the bayern level, and to help this team better that the M.V.B. or Ze did last year
Old 16-07-2009, 17:51   #6
Tomas
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keniks View Post
yeah, i just hope that he is going to play in the bayern level, and to help this team better that the M.V.B. or Ze did last year
My sentiments exactly!
Old 16-07-2009, 19:11   #7
BayernLeben
Banned

MvB does better on the right side IMO, which means Tymo will be our solid DM. and we always have MvB to backup in DM if Tymo gets injured. Anyway it makes for a more exciting midfield.
Old 17-07-2009, 12:28   #8
Snake
BZ Member

Van Bommel on the right....I dont like the sound of that.....
Top poster
Old 18-07-2009, 23:00   #9
Wavy
BZ Member

van bommel on the field... i don't like the sound of that
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 21-07-2009, 17:39   #10
Miguel.
Ombudsman.

Brilliant player and will turn out a brilliant signing too. One of the few good things that Klinsmann gave us.

In years, he is quite possibly the closest thing we've had to a new Effenberg. He has drive, awesome work rate, covers a lot of ground, is physically imposing, can dominate the space and will slowly impose himself as one of the leaders of this team. I could see him become team captain at some point.

Top player, shame is already on his thirties. Still, should give us at least 3 very good seasons.
Old 07-08-2009, 22:06   #11
Trim

Van Gaal on Tymoshchuk: "He's one of 25 players. He has to show what his strongest position is. I haven't found a position for him yet."

Tymoshchuk: "The club board wouldn't have invited me to the club if there wasn't a place for me."

"I will fight to the end and will always do my best."

"I don't think the coach has anything against me. If he has decided not to play me then he has his reasons."

"We will have to wait and see. It's not the time to speak about it [a transfer]. I want to prove myself on the pitch".

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussba...tz-438089.html

Old 08-08-2009, 01:33   #12
Filo
BZ Member

Good to see that Van Gaal hasn't driven Tymo out of the team. Its stupid to even think that Bommel is a better DM than Tymo.
BZ Squad member26
Old 08-08-2009, 03:52   #13
Snake
BZ Member

Van Gaal better not screw up Tymoshchuk
Top poster
Old 08-08-2009, 15:37   #14
timust3
Das ist ein Toooorrr

It's very disheartening to see Tymo treated this way. Hopefully this is just lighting a fire under his ass and he'll prove Van Gaal wrong. Everyone knows CDM is his ideal position, but Van Bommel will have to lose the armband in order to get Tymo on the field. At least we know MVB will get so many cards that Tymo will have his chance.
Old 08-08-2009, 15:49   #15
Snake
BZ Member

Tymo wont be on the bench for a long time, he will prove his worth.
Top poster