Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2019, 11:37   #31
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn
 
Sakujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tripoli
Posts: 7,898
Likes: 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
I'm not sure if I use the right term here, bro (acceleration).

I want to point out that he is not fast at the 10 first meters of his run.
He is not flexible in tight space!

Watch this Carl Lewis race and you'll understand what I'm saying.
One of the fastest ever, in a world record wining race, still 6th in the first 50 meters.
An that's what was happening in almost all of his races!

yes I understand the concept of Acceleration, but did you check the video I posted? he managed to keep up with Costa all the way, meaning his acceleration isn't as bad as you suggested.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Sakujo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 05:37   #32
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,644
Likes: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
yes I understand the concept of Acceleration, but did you check the video I posted? he managed to keep up with Costa all the way, meaning his acceleration isn't as bad as you suggested.
Yes....I saw it.
My impression is Costa gertting away from him twice and then Sule catches him on the long run.

This explotion at the beginning of the run is exactly what Sule lacks.
And that's reasonable of course because he's huge!
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 09:18   #33
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn
 
Sakujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tripoli
Posts: 7,898
Likes: 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Yes....I saw it.
My impression is Costa gertting away from him twice and then Sule catches him on the long run.

This explotion at the beginning of the run is exactly what Sule lacks.
And that's reasonable of course because he's huge!
of-course in comparison to a winger with that size he will fall behind a bit, but that doesn't mean as a defender he is slow or have a bad acceleration.

Boateng, Hummels, Dante, Badstuber and all of our recent defenders has slow accelerations in comparison to Sule.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Sakujo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 12:00   #34
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,644
Likes: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
of-course in comparison to a winger with that size he will fall behind a bit, but that doesn't mean as a defender he is slow or have a bad acceleration.

Boateng, Hummels, Dante, Badstuber and all of our recent defenders has slow accelerations in comparison to Sule.
Hummels, Dante and Badstuber sure.
Boa at his prime at least I think not.

Anyway I hope I prove wrong but Sule doesn't give me much confidence.

Perhaps some people will laugh at this but I have the feeling we should trust more Pavard in the nearfuture!
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 12:28   #35
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,192
Likes: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Hummels, Dante and Badstuber sure.
Boa at his prime at least I think not.

Anyway I hope I prove wrong but Sule doesn't give me much confidence.

Perhaps some people will laugh at this but I have the feeling we should trust more Pavard in the nearfuture!
I'll agree that Pavard should be getting minutes over Boa... but I just cant put him ahead of Sule and Lucas. For me they are easily superior to him.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 12:40   #36
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn
 
Sakujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tripoli
Posts: 7,898
Likes: 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Hummels, Dante and Badstuber sure.
Boa at his prime at least I think not.

Anyway I hope I prove wrong but Sule doesn't give me much confidence.

Perhaps some people will laugh at this but I have the feeling we should trust more Pavard in the nearfuture!
Boa never had the speed nor the acceleration. he had the positioning and the hard tackling .. but not the speed.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Sakujo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Determinator (22-08-2019), dips82 (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 18:19   #37
Giovane
Herr Münchener
 
Giovane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vara˛din, CRO
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
Boa never had the speed nor the acceleration. he had the positioning and the hard tackling .. but not the speed.
I disagree, I’m with mavros on this one, at his prime Boa definetely had speed and acceleration more or less.
Sponsor of the 2018 Ms. BZ
Giovane is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
mavros (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 18:39   #38
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,644
Likes: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
I'll agree that Pavard should be getting minutes over Boa... but I just cant put him ahead of Sule and Lucas. For me they are easily superior to him.
There's no doubt imho that Lucas is No 1.
The question is who will play next to him.
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 19:42   #39
Kim
Peaky Blinders
 
Kim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 533
Likes: 136
I don't want to talk about the future. And I didn't say Pavard is going to a better CB compared to Sule. But the truth is: Pavard was a better player than Sule last two games. The only reason some of you denied it because somehow you're still fond of Sule for whatever reason lol. Maybe because he is 'the best German centre back atm' (when Boateng and Hummels are both shit)
Kim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 19:52   #40
Giovane
Herr Münchener
 
Giovane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vara˛din, CRO
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
There's no doubt imho that Lucas is No 1.
The question is who will play next to him.
I would maybe even try the French connection asap, they could make a dynamic duo.

However, I wouldn't play Boa with Süle ever again, I would even rather play Javi with Sűle atm, Boa is atm too error prone and slow as fuck at CB.

He should really be tried at DM...
Sponsor of the 2018 Ms. BZ
Giovane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 05:13   #41
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,644
Likes: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovane View Post
I would maybe even try the French connection asap, they could make a dynamic duo.

However, I wouldn't play Boa with Süle ever again, I would even rather play Javi with Sűle atm, Boa is atm too error prone and slow as fuck at CB.

He should really be tried at DM...
Totaliy agree in everything!

I'd feel very safe with a Lucas/Pavard duo!
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 17:18   #42
EM1R
BZ Member
 
EM1R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Tuzla
Posts: 7,748
Likes: 1665
barely moves the ball forward but when he does it usually ends up as goalkick for the opponent after his cross
BZ Squad member21
EM1R is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
OnlyInsider (28-09-2019)
Old 28-09-2019, 17:19   #43
OnlyInsider
BZ Member
 
OnlyInsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Esbjerg
Posts: 7,398
Likes: 1891
He’s so bad at that RB, doesn’t add anything especially offensively.
BZ Squad member6
OnlyInsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 18:53   #44
bayern_fan
BZ Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,695
Likes: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
He’s so bad at that RB, doesn’t add anything especially offensively.
the same can be said for Lucas as LB. We threw 120 mil and our defense is still suffering and we still field Boateng as a CB. This one player can play two positions can be a disadvantage sometimes.
bayern_fan is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
OnlyInsider (28-09-2019)
Old 28-09-2019, 18:59   #45
Blackroze
BZ Member
 
Blackroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 2,800
Likes: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post
the same can be said for Lucas as LB. We threw 120 mil and our defense is still suffering and we still field Boateng as a CB. This one player can play two positions can be a disadvantage sometimes.
Pavard and Kimmich problem is because Kovac didnä't get his 6 player wish. And he is fulfilling that role in expense of RB dynamism.
16/17 Predictions Winner
Blackroze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


Follow BayernZone on Facebook Follow BayernZone on Twitter Contact Us

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:42.

Sponsors: Your link here? | Your link here? | Your link here?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Allianz Arena icon by luca1980 / CC BY / Recolored

©2009 - 2017 BayernZone.com
This is a fan forum that is in no way affiliated with FC Bayern München AG.