Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > International Competitions > International championships

Old 02-07-2018, 00:12   #61
FernandoBR
BZ Member

Thats not all. I was talking to friend that is ref and is well connect to important refs in Brazil, some of which even used to be FIFA refs.

He said that not only Fifa changed this rule (and who was the main advocate for this was that piece of shit Howard Webb) but changed the offside rule. Now if you pass to an offside teammate and the ball slightly touches an opponents, it's considered a pass from the the defender and your teammate becomes onside.

For real. Fuck FIFA. Fuck the International board. And fuck Howard Webb. Cunt

PS: Neither my friend or any of his ref friends agree with both changes, but all are obliged to enforce it.
BZ Squad member1
Old 02-07-2018, 00:33   #62
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoBR View Post
Thats not all. I was talking to friend that is ref and is well connect to important refs in Brazil, some of which even used to be FIFA refs.

He said that not only Fifa changed this rule (and who was the main advocate for this was that piece of shit Howard Webb) but changed the offside rule. Now if you pass to an offside teammate and the ball slightly touches an opponents, it's considered a pass from the the defender and your teammate becomes onside.

For real. Fuck FIFA. Fuck the International board. And fuck Howard Webb. Cunt

PS: Neither my friend or any of his ref friends agree with both changes, but all are obliged to enforce it.
Yeah, they changed it too. If a defender touch the ball, a new play is initiated, so no offside, i think it only counted before if it was a deliberated pass.

Last edited by L4nd3r; 02-07-2018 at 00:38.
BZ Squad member27
Old 02-07-2018, 06:57   #63
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
I'm sorry for my friend OnlyInsider, this Denmark side put up a really good fight and they showed they were up for it. Eriksen kinda let them down, he could've done more and that missed penalty also doesn't speak too good of him but yeah it happens. I would've used more of Pione Sisto, such an interesting prospect. I'm also sorry for Schmeichel, crazy to get out after saving 3 penalties.

I do agree it should've been a straight red. Unfortunately rules have changed since a year or two and when refs give a penalty they never show the red (double/triple sanction). I agree it's awful because Ante Rebic nutmegged the whole defence + goalie and he was going for the goal (it took him too long to actually shoot, should've done so right away instead of lingering on the ball and entering the net with the ball on his foot but yeah) - but basically the def saved a clear goal illegally and got away with it. Otherwise that's what everybody'll do, you simply have nothing to lose for, you go for the penalty and if anything you just postponed it haha.

Croatia looked kinda ugly - especially when compared to their group games however you also have to win those games and that's what they did today.
Thank you for the nice words mate. good thing is, Im not so attached to the danish NT. I always wish them to do well, but to watch them play doesent give me those big emotions hehe.

That said, a shame we went out if you look at yesterdays performance. I think we played a quite good game, maybe expect for the first 30 min (bar the goal). Schmeichel played the game of his life when it came to those penalties, but our shooters were not good/cool enough.

Big congrats to the croats with the advancement. Lovely country to visit on holidays, lovely people and a great NT. Hope they will go even further.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:58   #64
mea95
Mea San Mea

Croatia won on penalties and qualified to the quarter-finals!
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30