Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > German Football

Old 03-07-2009, 21:53   #16
Snake
BZ Member

Allofs builds for Bremen's future

Quote:
Despite missing out on a UEFA Champions League spot for the first time in five years, Werder Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs is looking forward to the club's UEFA Europa League campaign and says he was "pleased with last season's achievements".

Silver lining
Bremen finished tenth in the Bundesliga last term, their worst placing of the 2000s, but Allofs insisted there were still plenty of successes including winning the German Cup and reaching the UEFA Cup final. "Obviously we would have liked to have done better, but it proved how hard it is to maintain a team challenging at the top year after year," Allofs told uefa.com. "There were a number of factors which contributed to our inconsistent form, but the squad reached the UEFA Cup final and won the German Cup, so overall we were pleased with their achievements."

New challenge
Their German Cup final victory over Bayer 04 Leverkusen secured Bremen a berth in the inaugural UEFA Europa League and Allofs is excited about the new competition. "We're all very proud to be participating in the first Europa League," he said. "I think UEFA have done the right thing in reconstructing it to be more like the Champions League. I'm interested to see how things go, but I'm sure it's a step in the right direction."

Diego loss
A Bremen side that has been built around playmaker Diego since 2006 now needs a new direction after his departure for Juventus. Although it seems a huge hole to fill, French midfielder Johan Micoud was also deemed irreplaceable until Diego's arrival and Allofs hopes history will repeat itself after the signing of Marko Marin. "[Marin] along with Mesut Özil are more than capable of taking on the playmaker's role. I'm sure we'll be able to cope without Diego although his departure came as a major blow." Both Marin and Özil will also come into the season on a high after winning the recent UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Sweden with Germany.

Pizarro hope
However, there is uncertainly over the future of striker Claudio Pizarro, the club's top scorer in the league last season with 17 league goals, but who is on loan from Chelsea FC. "We would like to hold on to him and Claudio himself wants to stay," Allofs said. "However, he still has a contract with Chelsea for the next two years so we'll have to wait and see. A decision will probably come shortly before the start of the new season."

No predictions
Moving in the opposite direction, midfielder Tim Borowski might return to Bremen after failing to hold down a starting place with FC Bayern München last season. With so many potential arrivals and departures, former West Germany captain Allofs is loath to make a prediction for the new campaign. "Of course we want to be up there with the top clubs. However, to say we want to win the title or qualify for the Champions League would be foolish at this stage. Once we've made our preparations and the squad has settled, we'll see how the team functions as a unit and then we can start setting goals."
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uef...id=843847.html
Top poster
Old 04-07-2009, 21:23   #17
Ramy
BZ Member

Hugo Almeida Wants Werder Bremen Stay

Quote:
The Portuguese striker is determined to prove himself at the Weserstadion...

Hugo Almeida, on the books of Werder Bremen since joining from Porto in 2006, has been strongly tipped to leave the club, following the signing of Marcelo Moreno.

The arrival of the Bolivian striker, who signed from Shakhtar Donetsk, has pushed Almeida down the pecking order and the club are reportedly looking to cash in on him.

But Almeida, who has made 20 appearances for Portugal at senior level, has made it clear he wants to prove his worth at the German club.

"I will only leave if it is a good offer for me and Werder Bremen," Almeida told GLOBOESPORTE.

"If it is to go to a club that only think of avoiding relegation, then I do not want. It would be a step back in my career."

The 25-year-old frontman stressed that he is not worried about competition from Moreno, saying, "I do not look at it as a fight. I only think of my work and doing my best.

"Then, the coach decides who gets to play."
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...er-bremen-stay
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47   #18
Ervine
Procastinating

Werder Kit numbers.

Marin Chooses no 10 :d

http://www.werder.de/english/news/me...s-10-Moreno-39

Werder Kits
http://www.werder.de/bilder/galerie/...rionike575.jpg
Old 05-07-2009, 22:47   #19
Ramy
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervine View Post
Hey mate, are you Werder Bremen fan?!

Last edited by Ramy; 06-07-2009 at 00:37.
Old 05-07-2009, 23:20   #20
René
#4 Phenomenon

Those kit suck. I don't like them.
BZ Squad member4
Old 05-07-2009, 23:25   #21
Dragon
Green White Invader

I don't know why everyone is so against these kits. I think they are ok not great but I have seen far worse.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:32   #22
Ervine
Procastinating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramy View Post
Hey mate, are you Werder Bremen fan?!
Ya i am a fan. But i am a supporter of Bayern Munich. I have always had a soft corner against Bremen because of their attractive football and also because they buy talents and make them into stars.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:28   #23
Snake
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervine View Post
Ya i am a fan. But i am a supporter of Bayern Munich. I have always had a soft corner against Bremen because of their attractive football and also because they buy talents and make them into stars.
Its also because Klose was with Bremen too eh?
Top poster
Old 06-07-2009, 08:07   #24
Ervine
Procastinating

Quote:
Originally Posted by __-SNAKE-__ View Post
Its also because Klose was with Bremen too eh?
Ya that factor has a part in it too.
Old 06-07-2009, 18:16   #25
Ervine
Procastinating

About the kits, they used to be sponsored by kappa before which used to give them around 2.5 million per year. But from this season its nike, they signed a deal of 4 million per year till 2014.
Old 06-07-2009, 20:59   #26
Dragon
Green White Invader

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/news/...bei-vasco.html

Carlos Alberto is loaned for one more year to Vasco Da Gama and because of that extended his contract at Werder for one more year. This is probably the most stupid move KA ever made.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:04   #27
Snake
BZ Member

Aston Villa To Bid For Werder Bremen’s Mesut Ozil

Quote:
Aston Villa are reportedly eyeing a move for Werder Bremen’s hot young prospect Mesut Ozil, according to the News of the World.

The 20-year-old German appears to have attracted the interest of Villa boss Martin O’Neill who looks set to test Werder’s resolve with a €14 million bid.

The British tabloid also claims that Ozil, will reject Bremen’s offer of a new contract to seal a move to the Premier League.

The youngster endured a difficult start to last season in the Bundesliga with Bremen but a fine finish to the campaign which saw him feature in three cup finals has attracted interest from across the continent.

Despite losing the UEFA Cup final to Shakhtar Donetsk, Ozil was to taste glory shortly afterwards, hitting the winner as Bremen claimed the DFB Pokal Cup against Bayer Leverkeusen.

Ozil then impressed again in the Under 21 European Championships this summer, playing an influential role as Germany stormed to the title, thrashing England 4-0 in the final.

All of which appears to have convinced Villa boss O’Neill that he could thrive in the Premier League as he seeks to strengthen his squad this summer.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...ut-ozil-report
Top poster
Old 12-07-2009, 17:53   #28
Dragon
Green White Invader

Bullshit nothing else
Old 12-07-2009, 21:51   #29
Ramy
BZ Member

Would be a disaster if Werder sells Ozil.
Old 13-07-2009, 06:31   #30
Ervine
Procastinating

Its just a rumour. And werder are not stupid to sell him.