Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > International Competitions

Old Yesterday, 09:34   #106
misafeco
We Lose As A Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
Followed France with this generation so kind of rooting for them. Won't mind Iniesta ending his career on a high though.

As for Norway then they never qualify lol
Hungary vs. Norway play-off before EURO 2016 was legendary.
Old Yesterday, 09:43   #107
Nils
Say It Ain't So

Quote:
Icardi should have gone over Higuain 100%.

For one: Not a certified choker and he would be 100% committed and bust his ass for whatever role he's given.

With Higuain you almost question both these days. The guy just don't have the mental fortitude for it. Aguero might not be 100% fit as usual so if they have to rely on Higuain to finish those chances they might as well stay home.
So you clearly don't watch Icardi enough because the number of times he choked in front of the goal this season is crazy.
It's not like Sampaoli didn't try him...he played in the qualifiers and he sucked.
To Mea: I exposed more arguments in my post, the 0 titles is just one of them.
And no, Icardi doesn't bust his ass more than Higuain does, and Gonzalo plays in a squad that is NOT BUILT AROUND HIM. Icardi is 100% not better than Higuain, should at least whatch serie A before throwing out wrong statements like that...I mean jeez...
Old Yesterday, 09:57   #108
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils View Post
And no, Icardi doesn't bust his ass more than Higuain does, and Gonzalo plays in a squad that is NOT BUILT AROUND HIM. Icardi is 100% not better than Higuain, should at least whatch serie A before throwing out wrong statements like that...I mean jeez...

Dude seriously why you always get angry
I swear I like you, don't take it personal nor get offended

I already said that I'm not defending Icardi
I also said I didn't follow Serie A except for Napoli's matches
And when Napoli lost vs Roma I stopped watching it

I was just saying that "won 0 trophies" isn't a valid argument, and I know you exposed more arguments in your post
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old Yesterday, 22:43   #109
DonAK
Captain Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Hey, they might get a better chance with the expanded WC.
Will probably still not qualify lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by misafeco View Post
Hungary vs. Norway play-off before EURO 2016 was legendary.
For you definitely . Outplayed us and did a good job in Euro 2016 so was well deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils View Post
So you clearly don't watch Icardi enough because the number of times he choked in front of the goal this season is crazy.
It's not like Sampaoli didn't try him...he played in the qualifiers and he sucked.

Icardi has a higher shot conversion rate and more goals than Higuain this season.

He's not a certified choker.

He isn't intimidated or afraid with the occasion.

Icardi played one proper game in the WCQ and didn't do worse than Aguero, Higuain or anyone else did when Messi wasn't there. On the other hand Dybala has played 10+ games and not scored once. He plays in the same position as Messi and will warm the bench the entire WC because he cannot adapt to other positions.

You should also watch some Argentina matches before you throw up shit like "Higuain regardless of whatever he's done deserves to go over Icardi".

He doesn't. He's mentally shot. It doesn't matter if Higuain is the better striker. I don't give a fuck about that. The fact is that he's not up for the task which Icardi definitely might be. It's worth a shot more so than taking with you a guy that starts sulking on the pitch and shits his pants whenever he gets a chance to score in a meaningful game.

Last edited by DonAK; Yesterday at 22:48.
Old Yesterday, 23:11   #110
DonAK
Captain Marc

Sergio Romero out of the WC with a knee injury.
Old Today, 00:03   #111
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Sergio Romero out of the WC with a knee injury.
Goddamnit I read Ramos first and already started celebrating
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old Today, 02:27   #112
Muller25
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Goddamnit I read Ramos first and already started celebrating
Ramos does make it very easy to dislike him.
Old Today, 10:12   #113
Nils
Say It Ain't So

Quote:
Will probably still not qualify lmao

For you definitely . Outplayed us and did a good job in Euro 2016 so was well deserved.

Icardi has a higher shot conversion rate and more goals than Higuain this season.

He's not a certified choker.

He isn't intimidated or afraid with the occasion.

Icardi played one proper game in the WCQ and didn't do worse than Aguero, Higuain or anyone else did when Messi wasn't there. On the other hand Dybala has played 10+ games and not scored once. He plays in the same position as Messi and will warm the bench the entire WC because he cannot adapt to other positions.

You should also watch some Argentina matches before you throw up shit like "Higuain regardless of whatever he's done deserves to go over Icardi".

He doesn't. He's mentally shot. It doesn't matter if Higuain is the better striker. I don't give a fuck about that. The fact is that he's not up for the task which Icardi definitely might be. It's worth a shot more so than taking with you a guy that starts sulking on the pitch and shits his pants whenever he gets a chance to score in a meaningful game.
It would matter for me, the most talented player should start over the guy that scores 28 goals (or wherever) which 3/4 of them are useless. The guy has nothing to give, can only score in a squad that plays only for and around him. The choker Gonzalo has still more potential (as he showed, playing in the same league as Icardi) to make better things with the NT as he is much more technically gifted and actually has some football IQ.
Sampaoli is not a genius but was smart enough to recognize this.

So Icardi will not play the World Cup, and he well deserves not to.

Last edited by Nils; Today at 10:14.