Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Champions League

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2019, 23:55   #16
bayern_fan
BZ Member

Yeah we need to overload the midfield and play more simple and through the middle where liverpol are missing their CBs.
The above post is liked by:
OnlyInsider (15-02-2019)
Old 15-02-2019, 23:57   #17
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post
Yeah we need to overload the midfield and play more simple and through the middle where liverpol are missing their CBs.
But we all know it won't happen. Lets say Coman won't be ready, then we'll have Kaiser Franck to save us.
BZ Squad member6
Old 16-02-2019, 00:39   #18
Grey
Free Cascadia

As I said yesterday, it’s up to Thiago. If he has a good game, we’ll do fine. If not...well...
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 16-02-2019, 02:08   #19
Muller25
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
As I said yesterday, it’s up to Thiago. If he has a good game, we’ll do fine. If not...well...
I think it’s more than that. He played well last year in the CL and others didn’t deliver. The whole team needs to play good. Not just Thiago. Lewa and James missed several goals last years CL campaign. That’s nothing to do with Thiago.
BZ Squad member58
Old 16-02-2019, 03:13   #20
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
I think it’s more than that. He played well last year in the CL and others didn’t deliver. The whole team needs to play good. Not just Thiago. Lewa and James missed several goals last years CL campaign. That’s nothing to do with Thiago.
I agree with you generally, I mean this match in particular. If Thiago can successfully control the tempo from midfield, I think we’ll win. If he can’t, then I think we might be in for a beatdown.
L4nd3r (16-02-2019)
Old 16-02-2019, 05:24   #21
Grey
Free Cascadia

Just sat down and analyzed our defensive strategy (or lack thereof) on each goal conceded. I'll keep it short.

Watch Sule and Hummels, and watch Augsburg's #22, Ji Dong-won. Ji runs straight down the middle and neither Hummels nor Sule look at him and account for his movement. Eventually Sule starts moving to intercept his run first, then Hummels follows. At the moment of the pass (which Kimmich completely misreads), Sule is moving toward Ji, not watching the danger from the wing. Kimmich's failure to read the pass should have result in Augsburg's winger with the ball facing a well-prepared Sule. Instead it found acres of space. Meanwhile, Sule and Hummels STILL keep tracking Ji. At this point it makes sense for Sule, but why is Hummels still there when 6'4 Sule is sufficient to cut down any passing options to Ji? It took three defenders and no strategy to make this happen - and our two CBs were completely taken out of the game by a player who was never anywhere close to touching the ball.

Again, the goal starts with Kimmich shitting the bed. Take a look at Thiago at the moment of the pass that destroys Kimmich. Who is he marking? What is he thinking about? Remember, he's our defensive midfielder. The one who's brilliant reading of the game is supposed to intercept passes just like these. Now to be clear, I'm not saying that Thiago is in a position to intercept this pass. I'm just saying that Thiago could and should have been doing one of easily 10 different options that could have been considered about three steps before this fatal moment. Why is he standing here, marking no one? It's like we're playing a man down, and that man just happens to be the one player in midfield specifically designed to absorb attacks like this. Sule's mistake is obvious, no need to mention it except to say that I have always maintained this season that Sule is roughly one half of a second behind every single play. He certainly wasn't like this last season, when he was one of the quickest thinkers on the pitch. James makes a small defensive mistake here too, although it's certainly forgivable in most contexts.

This is sadly what happens when a team has no defensive tactics to speak of.
Old 16-02-2019, 06:00   #22
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Just sat down and analyzed our defensive strategy (or lack thereof) on each goal conceded. I'll keep in short.

This is sadly what happens when a team has no defensive tactics to speak of.
Thiago could've marked the guy Kimmich let run on his back, or marked the space in the area but he did neither.
BZ Squad member27
Grey (16-02-2019)
Old 16-02-2019, 06:05   #23
pzUH
BZ Member

I'm pretty sure Thiago will be pressed really hard. I'm not going to put all my bet on him.
CBs like Hummels and Boateng can be the key since they have pretty good passing ability and able to send the ball directly to the wingers/forwards, skips liverpool pressure altogether.
Old 16-02-2019, 06:13   #24
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Thiago could've marked the guy Kimmich let run on his back, or marked the space in the area but he did neither.
Yeah he seriously has options and somehow managed to do none of them.
Old 16-02-2019, 07:52   #25
Lahmforrb
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzUH View Post
I'm pretty sure Thiago will be pressed really hard. I'm not going to put all my bet on him.
CBs like Hummels and Boateng can be the key since they have pretty good passing ability and able to send the ball directly to the wingers/forwards, skips liverpool pressure altogether.
Boateng has gone from a above 90% passing to 10% last couple of years and he has lost the ability to defend all together. I wouldn't let him near the pitch save for injury on Süle or Hummels.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
Old 16-02-2019, 09:23   #26
pzUH
BZ Member

Regardless of the selection, our defense will be sucks anyway
Well, it depends on Kovac I think. If he want to play defensively, sule will be better. But if we're gonna break klopp pressure, I think boateng has better traits for that.
Old 16-02-2019, 11:40   #27
misafeco
3-4-1-2

Now that we know Coman is available on Tuesday, I'd still field a defensive team.
Neuer
Kimmich-Süle-Hummels-Alaba
Martinez
Thiago-James
Goretzka
Lewa-Coman

Gnabry played bad against Augsburg. I'd sub him on 2nd half in case we need to score.
Old 16-02-2019, 11:47   #28
bayern_fan
BZ Member

yes its seems that a midfield trio of James-Thiago-Goretzka is too attacking. I like Goretzka but he is not here nor there, he can score goals yes is good in the box but doesnt offer much else right now(maybe all is because of Kovac and his setup). SO either put another midfielder instead of a winger or maybe play a defensive midfield instead of goretzka

All in all we need a midfielder this summer someone who can play next to Thiago take some of the build up and who is actually defensively good a ball playing 6 like KHR said. Having Tolisso,Goretzka and Sanhes is one too many.

A new 6, Thiago,James should be our starting midfield next season with Tolisso and Goretzka in the mix.
Old 16-02-2019, 11:50   #29
EM1R
on a suicide watch

Tolisso is a perfect player to play alongside Thiago though. Much better than Goretzka i believe.
BZ Squad member21
Old 16-02-2019, 12:59   #30
Ciriaco
BZ Member

Tolisso would have been perfect for Liverpool.

I agree. James Thiago and Goretzka is not a good idea against Liverpool. Goretzka and James are not tacticaly adequate for the tactics of Liverpool. They both like to make forward runs, and they are just not defensive MF. Which leaves us only with Thiago.

The solution? I am not sure. We do not have a lot of options. Javi Martinez is too slow.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread