Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > International Competitions

Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2017, 18:44   #46
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Ughhh I hate it when Schürrle does well. What an average player, he shouldn't be on Germany's X11.

Anyway... Honest appraisal, how fid Josh do at RB? Is he our new WC heir to Lahm?

I also see that Müller scored a goal. Did he play well? Hope this helps his momentum for us.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Old 26-03-2017, 19:03   #47
ASZ
BZ Member

Azerbaijan VS Germany

FT: 1-4
81' Andre Schuerrle (assist: Jonas Hector)

Well tbh PCapitalist, Kimmich played really well, but you can't judge form these kinds of matches. But I'm surprised that he shows a really great performance with the national team and not that much with Bayern.

For Muller, he did put a decent performance also hopefully this will give him the confidence back to strike back against Real Madrid.
Old 26-03-2017, 19:08   #48
kailip
Censored by Gray

What? Kimmich has always been nothing short of great whenever he starts for Bayern, too.
BZ Squad member11
Old 26-03-2017, 23:42   #49
SCT
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post
Ughhh I hate it when Schürrle does well. What an average player, he shouldn't be on Germany's X11.

Anyway... Honest appraisal, how fid Josh do at RB? Is he our new WC heir to Lahm?

I also see that Müller scored a goal. Did he play well? Hope this helps his momentum for us.

With Gotze's career pretty much over, Schurrle is the new Podolski in the national team. Would have preferred Sane starting though.

Muller played well, was very active and scored a nice goal. Kimmich gets up the field from right-back well. He really needs a consistent run of games there to truly learn the art, especially defensively. But he has potential in that position. Not the best opposition though.
Old 27-03-2017, 02:57   #50
Grey
Free Cascadia

There's something about the German NT and bringing great, world-class performances out of otherwise meh club players. Klose, Podolski, and Schurrle come to mind.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 27-03-2017, 04:36   #51
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
There's something about the German NT and bringing great, world-class performances out of otherwise meh club players. Klose, Podolski, and Schurrle come to mind.
Klose was only a 'meh' player at Bayern.
BZ Squad member27
Old 27-03-2017, 04:54   #52
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Klose was only a 'meh' player at Bayern.
Klose was absolutely a player defined by poor club performances and great NT performances. His entire legend is based on what he did at the NT level. Out of 17 seasons over his career, he's only managed a 1:2 goals-to-game ratio TWICE. That's pretty poor for a striker of his legendary status. Meanwhile, he's considered one of the greatest NT strikers of all time. That's a pretty enormous disparity if you ask me
Old 27-03-2017, 07:06   #53
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Klose was absolutely a player defined by poor club performances and great NT performances. His entire legend is based on what he did at the NT level. Out of 17 seasons over his career, he's only managed a 1:2 goals-to-game ratio TWICE. That's pretty poor for a striker of his legendary status. Meanwhile, he's considered one of the greatest NT strikers of all time. That's a pretty enormous disparity if you ask me
He was still a good-great club player, not 'meh'. While his overall club scoring record apart from Werder Bremen is kinda average, but when you also take the assists he had, he kinda made up from that.

He had a direct influence(goals+assists) in ~61% of his clubs goals(Top tier). 73% for the National Team. Yes, he wasn't as good for his clubs(apart from Werder) as goal scorer as he was for the National Team, but wasn't a average club player though, maybe if he hadn't wasted some of his supposed peak years playing bench football for us, maybe he would've had a better club record, he was pretty important for Lazio, even if he was old.

In summary, yes, Klose wasn't able the replicate his goal scoring success with the National Team with his clubs, but, that doesn't mean he was shit or average, he was still a very important center piece for his clubs.
BZ Squad member27
Old 27-03-2017, 08:20   #54
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
He was still a good-great club player, not 'meh'. While his overall club scoring record apart from Werder Bremen is kinda average, but when you also take the assists he had, he kinda made up from that.

He had a direct influence(goals+assists) in ~61% of his clubs goals(Top tier). 73% for the National Team. Yes, he wasn't as good for his clubs(apart from Werder) as goal scorer as he was for the National Team, but wasn't a average club player though, maybe if he hadn't wasted some of his supposed peak years playing bench football for us, maybe he would've had a better club record, he was pretty important for Lazio, even if he was old.

In summary, yes, Klose wasn't able the replicate his goal scoring success with the National Team with his clubs, but, that doesn't mean he was shit or average, he was still a very important center piece for his clubs.
I don't disagree with any of this and this all misses the point anyway. I brought up Klose for the disparity between his club form and his national team form. The gulf was simply astronomical regardless of how you want to assess his club form in isolation. The reason I brought this up was in regard to a player like Schurrle (or Podolski) who don't seem to do very well at club level but still somehow manage(d) to perform extremely well for the national team.
Old 27-03-2017, 15:55   #55
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of this and this all misses the point anyway. I brought up Klose for the disparity between his club form and his national team form. The gulf was simply astronomical regardless of how you want to assess his club form in isolation. The reason I brought this up was in regard to a player like Schurrle (or Podolski) who don't seem to do very well at club level but still somehow manage(d) to perform extremely well for the national team.
TBH, Podolski stopped performing for the National Team for a while(i think he was pretty much useless after 2010) before his 'retirement'.
BZ Squad member27
Old 27-03-2017, 20:18   #56
ASZ
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailip View Post
What? Kimmich has always been nothing short of great whenever he starts for Bayern, too.
Well, PCapitalist asked me if he is our next Lahm, and the answer is no especially at the moment.

Back to the question, as a RB player you have two major roles (defensive and offensive). My opinion is that Kimmich always sucked in the defensive side whether in Bayern or in the NT( Yesterday's Goal for Azerbaijan was his mistake because he didn't cover the player on his side). But for the offensive role, Kimmich in Bayern wasn't that spectacular in terms of performance.
Yesterday's match, Kimmich played very well offensively, I was surprised from his crosses the most.
Old 27-03-2017, 21:01   #57
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZ View Post
Well, PCapitalist asked me if he is our next Lahm, and the answer is no especially at the moment.

Back to the question, as a RB player you have two major roles (defensive and offensive). My opinion is that Kimmich always sucked in the defensive side whether in Bayern or in the NT( Yesterday's Goal for Azerbaijan was his mistake because he didn't cover the player on his side). But for the offensive role, Kimmich in Bayern wasn't that spectacular in terms of performance.
Yesterday's match, Kimmich played very well offensively, I was surprised from his crosses the most.
To blame Kimmich for the goal seems a little harsh. There's obviously positional rotation happening at the time of the goal, and I don't think it's fair to fault Kimmmich for having moved into an offensive position. Had he simply been higher up on the pitch than he was supposed to be, sure, but he's so far advanced here that there's 0 question in my mind that he was meant to be a stand-in forward as this play was intercepted.

You want to blame someone, watch Sami Khedira. What a useless player.
Old 27-03-2017, 21:12   #58
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
To blame Kimmich for the goal seems a little harsh. There's obviously positional rotation happening at the time of the goal, and I don't think it's fair to fault Kimmmich for having moved into an offensive position. Had he simply been higher up on the pitch than he was supposed to be, sure, but he's so far advanced here that there's 0 question in my mind that he was meant to be a stand-in forward as this play was intercepted.

You want to blame someone, watch Sami Khedira. What a useless player.
What the actual fuck is Khedira doing? He's so out of it.
BZ Squad member27
Old 27-03-2017, 21:36   #59
PCapitalist
BZ Member

I think one of Germany's major weaknesses is Löw's unwillingness to ditch favorite has-been's (Khedira, Özil, Podolski, Schürrle, Götze, Gómez) when better alternatives emerge.

Funnily enough, that has also worked in his favor at times (Klose).

I don't get why Rüdiger is still getting minutes instead of Süle ir Tah, for instance. I'd argue Can should be nowhere near the German squad either. Not Höwedes.

Last edited by PCapitalist; 27-03-2017 at 21:38.
Old 28-03-2017, 00:28   #60
kailip
Censored by Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post
I think one of Germany's major weaknesses is Löw's unwillingness to ditch favorite has-been's (Khedira, Özil, Podolski, Schürrle, Götze, Gómez) when better alternatives emerge.

Funnily enough, that has also worked in his favor at times (Klose).

I don't get why Rüdiger is still getting minutes instead of Süle ir Tah, for instance. I'd argue Can should be nowhere near the German squad either. Not Höwedes.

Everyone thinks that.
BZ Squad member11
Closed Thread