Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > German Football

Old 06-07-2009, 00:32   #1
Ramy
BZ Member

Hamburger SV

Elia to join Hamburg

Quote:
Hamburg have won the chase for highly-rated FC Twente forward Eljero Elia, although he still has to complete a medical.

The 22-year-old has been linked with clubs in England, Holland and Germany following an impressive 2008/9 Eredivisie campaign.

He has never hidden his desire to join a top European team and Hamburg have now struck a deal with Twente to bring him in on a five-year contract.

It is understood he will move for a fee in the region of €9million (£7.7m) if he passes Monday's medical.

Elia is delighted to be heading to such a prestigious club and has thanked his Dutch employers for allowing him to leave.

Happy

"I am very happy it's worked out," Elia told Algemeen Dagblad. "HSV is a fantastic club that is playing a major role in Germany.

"I want to thank Twente and Joop Munsterman (chairman) for making this transfer possible.

"I am also very thankful to the club for the chances I got the last two seasons. Thanks to Twente I have made it to the Dutch national team.

"At HSV I hope to take a new step in my development and hope to stay in the Dutch squad ahead of the World Cup.

"My dream is to play in South Africa in 2010."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...415811,00.html
Old 21-07-2009, 11:40   #2
Snake
BZ Member

Hamburg shaken but not deterred

Quote:
New coach Bruno Labbadia told uefa.com that playing in this season's UEFA Europa League final at home would be "a dream" for Hamburger SV and their fans as the club emerge from a turbulent summer

Opening test
Beaten by Werder Bremen in the semi-finals of the German Cup and the UEFA Cup last season, Hamburg will start their latest tilt at European glory in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League on 30 July. Their opener is away to the winners of the tie between FK Sūduva and Randers FC, and they need no reminding that this season's final will be held at their own Arena Hamburg on 12 May 2010.

'A big goal'
Labbadia, who replaced the AFC Ajax-bound Martin Jol in the summer, can already feel the excitement building at his new club. "Of course, it is a big goal for the club to make it to the UEFA Europa League final in Hamburg," said the 43-year-old. "That would be a dream for us all, especially the fans, but it's a long way to the final. I wouldn't mind if we got there, though."

High hopes
European competition marks the next stage in the former striker's rise up the coaching ladder, having gone from his hometown club, third-division SV Darmstadt 98, to second-tier SpVgg Greuther Fürth before making his Bundesliga debut with Bayer 04 Leverkusen in his last role. Labbadia left the BayArena after a so-so campaign, but has high hopes for Hamburg.

Ins and outs
"We want to finish in the top third," he explained. "We want to play good attacking football so our fans can enjoy watching the team." Doing so will involve settling new signings Zé Roberto (FC Bayern München), Marcus Berg (FC Groningen), Robert Tesche (DSC Arminia Bielefeld) and Eljero Elia (FC Twente) and quickly getting over the departure of striker Ivica Olić, who is now at Bayern.

Buyer's market
It is not the first time Hamburg have lost a star player in the summer. In 2008, Rafael van der Vaart joined Real Madrid CF while Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany left for Manchester City FC. "In the Bundesliga, only Bayern München can resist offers from Real Madrid or Barcelona," explained Labbadia, who has been acting sporting director following Dietmar Beiersdorfer's high-profile departure.

Confident approach
Nonetheless, the new boss is sure his new signings will thrive. Midfielder Zé Roberto may be 35, but Labbadia noted: "He has shown his extraordinary class with Bayern lately. He is an exemplary professional and knows exactly what's right for him and his body." The 22-year-old Elia, meanwhile, "has improved enormously in the last year and will continue to do so". Labbadia has pleaded for patience in the case of Berg, HSV's record €10m signing and top scorer at the recent UEFA European Under-21 Championship. "You cannot measure him by his transfer sum, but his age. He is a talent with big potential. He will get all the time he needs."

'Well prepared'
With tensions behind the scenes, some fans feared that Hamburg would fare poorly in the transfer market, but Labbadia insists their rush of new arrivals has now steadied the ship. "We are confident about all three players," he said. "We have already stated that we want to bring in other players as well. I am convinced that we will be well prepared when the season kicks off."
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uef...id=848953.html
Top poster
Old 31-07-2009, 21:28   #3
Snake
BZ Member

ROZEHNAL AIMS HIGH

Quote:
New Hamburg recruit David Rozehnal is targeting silverware in his first season at the club.

The Czech Republic defender was officially presented as a Hamburg player on Friday after joining from Serie A side Lazio.

Last season, under then-coach Martin Jol, Hamburg were beaten in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup and DFB-Pokal and slipped out of the race for the Bundesliga title in the last month of the campaign.

"Last year, Hamburg just lacked a bit of luck in the end and I hope we will be able to win a trophy or two next season," said Rozehnal.

"Hamburg are a big club in Europe and one of the top clubs in the Bundesliga. I am very happy to be here."

A dispute over the transfer fee had threatened to scupper the move, but Rozehnal, whom Hamburg coach Bruno Labbadia had identified as a target at the start of the transfer window, arrived in the north German city on Monday to sign a three-year contract.

"The last few days were really difficult for me," said the 29-year-old, who spoke to fellow Czech and Hamburg player David Jarolim before deciding on the move. "I am now happy to be part of this team."

Labbadia added: "The negotiations were not easy, but he really wanted to come to Hamburg.

"We are delighted that David Rozehnal chose us. Our squad is now complete."
http://www.sportinglife.com/football...TEAMHD=germany
Top poster
Old 04-08-2009, 02:59   #4
Filo
BZ Member

Well maybe Van der Vaart can come back to Hamburg now! I definetly dont want him at Bayern.
BZ Squad member26
Old 04-08-2009, 10:04   #5
René
#4 Phenomenon

I wouldn't mind him at Bayern Munich.
BZ Squad member4
Old 17-08-2009, 19:26   #6
Snake
BZ Member

Marcus Berg: "It's like a dream"

Quote:
When Marcus Berg arrived from FC Groningen this summer, many knew that Hamburger SV had managed to snatch up one of the most promising talents in Europe. The Swede only needed three minutes in his first Bundesliga match to prove that he knows where the net is.

At that point Hamburg were already leading 3-1 against Borussia Dortmund, but the cheers following their fourth goal were just as loud as before.

Marcus Berg certainly enjoyed his first match in Hamburg, and in an interview with bundesliga.de he reveals which other goals he aims to accomplish in the near future.

bundesliga.de What does it feel like to score in the first Bundesliga match for your new club?

Marcus Berg: It's like a dream. It could have hardly been a better start for me.

bundesliga.de Indeed. You only had two prior touches on the ball before you struck for the first time.

Berg: That's pretty good then, right? But I had another big chance afterwards. I wanted to lob the keeper, but I wasn't confident enough. It's too bad because if I had aimed a little bit higher it would've been my second goal.

bundesliga.de There is plenty of competition in Hamburg's offence right now. It seems like Mladen Petric and Paolo Guerrero are currently first choice.

Berg: That's right. I need to put in my best effort all the time and try to use my chances. It worked out nicely with the goal against Dortmund. But Mladen Petric and Paolo Guerrero played very well lately. So it's up to me to work hard and impress the coach.

bundesliga.de You've only been in Hamburg for a few weeks, but would you say joining HSV was the right move in your career?

Berg: Absolutely. HSV is a perfect fit for me. I have the opportunity to play international football and the Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in Europe.

bundesliga.de What are your goals with HSV?

Berg: First I need to become a part of the team and get to know our game a bit better. I can't say whether we'll win a title or not, but I will try to supply many goals so we can be successful.
http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/new...4049.php&fla=4
Top poster
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13   #7
Snake
BZ Member

Hamburg's Guerrero snaps cruciate ligaments

Quote:
Hamburg striker Paolo Guerrero will be out of action for several months after tearing his cruciate ligaments during Peru's World Cup qualifier against Venezuela.

"The first tests (in Peru) conclude that Paolo has pulled his cruciate ligament. This is very hard for us and of course for Paolo as well," coach Bruno Labbadia said, after receiving a fax from Peru regarding the 25-year-old's injury.

"Paolo has scored most goals for us and has also had a leading role off the pitch," he said.

Guerrero, who leads the top-scorers' list with four goals in four Bundesliga matches this season, was due back in Hamburg and would undergo more tests there.

Guerrero, who had been taken off in Peru's 3-1 loss to Venezuela, is the second Hamburg player to be injured playing for his country after Namibian Collin Benjamin partially tore his cruciate ligaments in a friendly against Swaziland on Saturday.

Guerrero joined Hamburg in 2006 from Bayern Munich and has been a first-choice striker at the northern club since the beginning of last season.

"On a human level we are also affected because we know what they will have to go through now," said Labbadia.

"Now we have to all come together," Labbadia said of his team's Bundesliga clash against VfB Stuttgart on Saturday.

"We have to turn our stadium into a fortress," he said.

Hamburg are top of the Bundesliga on 10 points, ahead of Bayer Leverkusen on goal difference.

They are drawn in Group of the Europa League, alongside Celtic, Hapoel Tel Aviv and Rapid Vienna
Europa League - Hamburg's Guerrero snaps cruciate - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
Top poster
Old 06-10-2009, 21:05   #8
Trim

Petric out injured until next year

Quote:
Hamburger SV star Mladen Petric will be out until Christmas after tearing a tendon in his ankle on Sunday.

"Mladen Petric will not be available during the first half of the season," confirmed HSV club doctor Oliver Dierk.

After losing Peruvian striker Paolo Guerrero to injury and selling Ivica Olic to FC Bayern München over the summer, Hamburg are now thin on the ground in terms of striking options, although Labbadia went on to say that he was not planning on any new arrivals.
Bundesliga - Die offizielle Webseite

Old 06-10-2009, 21:53   #9
hydra
BZ Member

it is now just a matter of time now to see bayern surpass hamburg in the league table .
the bench is very imp in any league campain . they have now one striker , markus berg ,still young and lacks experience.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:17   #10
Snake
BZ Member

Then Ebi Smoralek....
Top poster
Old 08-10-2009, 02:54   #11
Filo
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra View Post
it is now just a matter of time now to see bayern surpass hamburg in the league table .
the bench is very imp in any league campain . they have now one striker , markus berg ,still young and lacks experience.
Im more worried about Leverkusen than Hamburg to be honest. After seing Bayern play very good against HSV, I must say that HSV are just ejoying an in-form Zé Roberto. Without Zé and their main strikers, HSV wont go far. They are already out of the DFB Pokal... I dont rate them as favourites in the Europa League and if they continue to struggle with injuries, they will eventually fail in the BL.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they can keep their form and everything, especially in the Europa League since I want a German Champion in that tournament; but with all their injuries I can't see that happening.. at least not with HSV.

Last edited by Filo; 08-10-2009 at 02:57.
BZ Squad member26
Old 08-10-2009, 17:06   #12
hydra
BZ Member

I am not worried about Hamburg or Leverkusen because they have only 11 good players so if hamburg want to make good in europe they must sacrafice the BL and the opposite.
I am sure these teams will drop a lot of points in the BL ,so i am wooried that Bayern dont take their chances like last year.
Old 30-10-2009, 18:23   #13
Snake
BZ Member

Hamburg After Hannover Goalkeeper Robert Enke - Report

Hamburg After Hannover Goalkeeper Robert Enke - Report - Goal.com
Top poster
Old 22-01-2010, 18:57   #14
Filo
BZ Member

It appears that Ruud van nistelrooy will come to the Bundesliga after all. The Netherland superstar was linked with Bayern München in 2006/2007 when he choose Real Madrid instead. That same year, Bayern eliminated Real Madrid from the CL thanks to the 10 seconds goal of Roy Makaay. He will most likely sign for HSV today or tomorrow.

Ruud van Nistelrooy snubs Premier League for shock Hamburg switch

Quote:
Ruud van Nistelrooy is set to snub a return to the Barclays Premier League in favour of joining Hamburg. Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United and Stoke City had all hoped to sign the Real Madrid striker, but he apparently fears he would not be able to live up to expectations that come with him being a one-time Manchester United goal machine.
Ruud van Nistelrooy snubs Tottenham, West Ham and Stoke for shock Hamburg switch | Mail Online

Hamburg Only Need Ruud van Nistelrooy?s Signature To Complete Signing Of Real Madrid Ace - Report - Goal.com
BZ Squad member26
Old 22-01-2010, 19:39   #15
kala
Head Coach

he wont b goal machine anymore...