Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

Old 03-05-2015, 21:00   #3811
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussballgott View Post
I'm sure he will stay until the end of his contract to earn his 12/14M€/year even if he can just play 10 games per season.
Ribery, Robben .. and most of the players, earns as much as they play !! just like every company !!

I can't remember from where I got this info but I am 100% sure for it.

So, in Ribery's situation ... we should discuss it apart from the money thing.
BZ Squad member99
Old 05-05-2015, 17:58   #3812
runaway
Hitchhiker

Ribery when he is fit still performs up to par. What Bayern should learn this season is, we can't rely on him from now on to play a good amount of games so we really need alternatives to both. His fitness and body can be saved for the crucial games of the season where his experience will be invaluable. Same as Robben. Bench them or limit their minutes until April-May. Maybe that'll help with their injury problems.
Old 05-05-2015, 18:24   #3813
FernandoBR
BZ Member

The thing about Ribéry is his fitness and that's, at the moment, a collective problem at the club.

Even at 32 years of age, he's still a top 3 (or at least top 4) in his position if he's fit. Only Ronaldo is definitely better than him on the left wing and maybe Neymar and Hazard, but I'd still take a fully fit Ribéry over both.

That's not a guy you simply give up on. I hope our medical staff can get their shit together next season, I bet he'll prove he's still the king
BZ Squad member1
Old 06-05-2015, 06:23   #3814
Bayernthebest
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
What you are saying absolutely flies in the face of modern consensus. Wingers traditionally age out far earlier than CMs precisely because a winger's "engine" is more necessary for the position. You have many different examples of career wingers moving to CM when they got older (Giggs, for example). The idea that one's "ball handling speed" drops before one's actual speed does is not founded in any fact.
See Grey what I mean is a Winger can turn up for 20-30 minutes and get a goal. Attackers have this advantage that their general play is often excused with a goal or assist. CM's are expected to play up and down, with a big engine and play 90 minutes.

Giggs is a different case as in he played way too long and did not have the speed to even play 20-30 minutes as a Winger. So naturally the CM Position which can manage with a slower was where he was shifted. I am not saying Ball Handling Speed drops, I think off the ball speed drops far earlier, Ball Handling Speed actually stays decent for a long while.

What I am saying is that a Winger can be more injury prone or play 30-40 minutes with age and still make the difference. For a CM it is different
Old 06-05-2015, 17:38   #3815
Bazi
BZ Member

I'm already anticipating all the drama from Ribéry, if the FO decides to pursue another winger in the summer. He's always been a diva and an egomaniac, but we were willing to disregard this part of his personality when he was performing at his top-level.

You can already see the first signs in interviews talking about players like de Bruyne and how they are not up to Bayern standards, or when he was reportedly complaining about Guardiola not checking in often enough on his recovery process...

This could get dirty, very dirty.
Old 06-05-2015, 18:48   #3816
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazi View Post
I'm already anticipating all the drama from Ribéry, if the FO decides to pursue another winger in the summer. He's always been a diva and an egomaniac, but we were willing to disregard this part of his personality when he was performing at his top-level.

You can already see the first signs in interviews talking about players like de Bruyne and how they are not up to Bayern standards, or when he was reportedly complaining about Guardiola not checking in often enough on his recovery process...

This could get dirty, very dirty.
I don't think so. he realizes that he's getting older.
I think it is unfair that you decided not to include the part of the interview where he said that a player like Hazard is better to replace him instead of De Bryune.

doesn't sound like someone who's in denial to me.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Old 06-05-2015, 19:26   #3817
Bazi
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
I don't think so. he realizes that he's getting older.
I think it is unfair that you decided not to include the part of the interview where he said that a player like Hazard is better to replace him instead of De Bryune.

doesn't sound like someone who's in denial to me.
He exactly knew that Hazard won't come to Bayern, so it's easy to praise a player who will never be his competitor. Just wait and see, Ribéry will not accept a demotion into the 2nd gear quietly. Mark my words.
Old 06-05-2015, 19:30   #3818
Grey
Replevin for a Cow

Under Heynckes, Ribery always had the ability to slide into more of a CAM role which required fewer bursts of speed. But under Guardiola he has no place left to go because there isn't really a CAM in his line-ups. It's either LW or nothing and I don't think Ribery is going to like that.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 07-05-2015, 07:21   #3819
Bayernthebest
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Under Heynckes, Ribery always had the ability to slide into more of a CAM role which required fewer bursts of speed. But under Guardiola he has no place left to go because there isn't really a CAM in his line-ups. It's either LW or nothing and I don't think Ribery is going to like that.
I don't know about this Grey. Personally I feel Ribery had a very wide role under Jupp and with Alaba they stretched the field. Under Pep I feel the lack of a CAM actually gives Inverted Wingers more space to come in and play.

But I don't think Ribery is cut out to be a CAM, he is just too rigid and cant adapt well. His toucher is heavier than Robben. I feel people have tried more than once to move him into a central role and he refused. Even under LVG he wanted to try Ribery there, Kaiser said the best players play more centrally but Ribery was stubborn. Pep did try with False 9 and those withdrawn roles.

I don't think Ribery has the flexibility to try to adapt. He wants to stay in his comfort zone and rarely ventures out.
Old 07-05-2015, 15:24   #3820
Exectron
BZ Member

Ribery is out for the second match against Barcelona.

What happened to our squad? I thought we had enough injury last season but this season is crazy.
Old 07-05-2015, 15:53   #3821
Grey
Replevin for a Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayernthebest View Post
I don't know about this Grey. Personally I feel Ribery had a very wide role under Jupp and with Alaba they stretched the field. Under Pep I feel the lack of a CAM actually gives Inverted Wingers more space to come in and play.

But I don't think Ribery is cut out to be a CAM, he is just too rigid and cant adapt well. His toucher is heavier than Robben. I feel people have tried more than once to move him into a central role and he refused. Even under LVG he wanted to try Ribery there, Kaiser said the best players play more centrally but Ribery was stubborn. Pep did try with False 9 and those withdrawn roles.

I don't think Ribery has the flexibility to try to adapt. He wants to stay in his comfort zone and rarely ventures out.
Not sure what part of my post you disagree with since we seem to be saying the same thing, but regardless - yes, that's exactly what I mean.
Old 13-05-2015, 18:44   #3822
mea95
Mea San Mea

I read something and I hope is wrong:
According to Bild , Bayern staff discovered that Ribery has a broken ankle after being out for 8 weeks
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Old 13-05-2015, 18:45   #3823
kailip
Censored by Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
I read something and I hope is wrong:
According to Bild , Bayern staff discovered that Ribery has a broken ankle after being out for 8 weeks
Thanks Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt
BZ Squad member11
Old 13-05-2015, 18:58   #3824
Grey
Replevin for a Cow

Might be time to think about retirement, Franck.
Old 13-05-2015, 19:07   #3825
mea95
Mea San Mea

I'm not sure, I saw the news on facebook
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30