Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > German Football

Old 02-09-2009, 22:14   #16
Snake
BZ Member

If Klinsmann rejoins, Germany wont qualify for the next Euro or WC.
Top poster
Old 02-09-2009, 22:56   #17
Snake
BZ Member

Fifa World Rankings.

1 Brazil 1604 (0)
2 Spain 1588 (0)
3 Netherlands 1376 (0)
4 Italy 1186 (1)
5 Germany 1186 (0)
6 Russia 1129 (0)
7 England 1127 (0)
8 Argentina 1113 (0)
9 Croatia 1101 (1)
10 France 1040 (-1)
11 USA 974 (1)
12 Greece 971 (-1)
13 Serbia 916 (1)
14 Australia 907 (2)
15 Switzerland 898 (-2)
16 Denmark 892 (-1)
17 Portugal 880 (0)
18 Czech Republic 870 (4)
19 Bulgaria 860 (4)
20 Côte d'Ivoire 852 (-2)
Top poster
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18   #18
Filo
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
Where did ANY speculation of this come from I wonder? Klinsmann was a good coach for die Nationalelf but what "high esteem" should he have? We got 3rd place. It was a good result but not a great one. If he had gotten us to the finals THEN the "esteem" should be given to him... but not for 3rd place.
I'd hardly say he was a good coach. We sucked before the WC and yes, during the WC we played very good football but ALL tactics were thanks to Löw and te players were exited as it is, since we played at home. Against the really good teams in fact, we struggled.. against Argentina we won by penalties and would had lost if the Argentinian coach had made the right substitutions.

Against Italy we lost twice in 2006, with a 4-1 at their place and then 0-2 at home. We played a really easy group with Costa Rica, Ecuador and Poland. Now I'm not saying that with any other coach, we could had done the same WC that we did, but come on guys, Klinsmann didn't do anything to our players self-confidence, if he had done that then we could had won against Italy, exct before the WC.

Jürgen Klinsmann is not the reason why Germany had a good WC in 2006, the reason for that was the atmosphere of the fans that lifted up the performance of the German NT. Stamina and pure stamina.

Now on EURO 2008, we saw a different Germany, less showy in football but more tactical. And we beated Portugal (when it mattered, since in WC 2006 it was the 3rd place match and we didn't play to our full potential) and we also beated a very good Turk team. Unfortunattly, we had to play against a Spain that was on fire.
BZ Squad member26
Old 03-09-2009, 07:24   #19
René
#4 Phenomenon

^

We never played fully well at Euro '08.

We made it JUST past our group stage.

Our only good game was against Portugal and even then, we made many mistakes leading to Portugal's goals.

If it hadn't been that Turkey was so injury hit, I doubt we would have gotten past them. I mean. 3-2 vs a very weakened side by injures.

And in the final, we played so bad Lehmaan was our only good player out there. That's how bad it was.
BZ Squad member4
Old 03-09-2009, 15:44   #20
Tomas
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
^

We never played fully well at Euro '08.

We made it JUST past our group stage.

Our only good game was against Portugal and even then, we made many mistakes leading to Portugal's goals.

If it hadn't been that Turkey was so injury hit, I doubt we would have gotten past them. I mean. 3-2 vs a very weakened side by injures.

And in the final, we played so bad Lehmaan was our only good player out there. That's how bad it was.
^I completely agree. When I said good, I should have clarified my meaning. I meant it as "good enough" to coach our team. Besides EVERYONE knows that it was due to Loew. Even Klinsmann admitted Loew was the tactician.
We didnt play well at all in Euro-08. It was lazy and sloppy. There were a few moments of brilliance but overall it was complete slop. We got into the finals by luck. When we last played Azerbaijan... that type of play reminded me of how we played in Euro-08.
Old 03-09-2009, 19:44   #21
Filo
BZ Member

I think I'll take the position that a friend of mine once told me (my friend is Italian):

Quote:
I don't care how my country played, at the end of the day we are World Champions!
I don't care how Germany plays, as long as we win. If we were Brazil, who is constantly winning, then yeah, play attractive football! But Germany hasn't won anything in about 20 years!!! I just want to win!!! It the end of the day, you remmember the Champions, not the "atractive football". In fact, most people remmind 3 things about WC 2006:

1. Zidane's head on Materazzi chest!
2. Italy as World Champions.
3. Ronaldo passing Gerd Müller as the best forward in the World Cup history.
BZ Squad member26
Old 03-09-2009, 21:00   #22
René
#4 Phenomenon

Germany won the '96 Euro.

So it's actually just 13 years.
BZ Squad member4
Old 03-09-2009, 21:21   #23
Tomas
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filo4efcbm View Post
I think I'll take the position that a friend of mine once told me (my friend is Italian):

I don't care how Germany plays, as long as we win. If we were Brazil, who is constantly winning, then yeah, play attractive football! But Germany hasn't won anything in about 20 years!!! I just want to win!!! It the end of the day, you remmember the Champions, not the "atractive football". In fact, most people remmind 3 things about WC 2006:

1. Zidane's head on Materazzi chest!
2. Italy as World Champions.
3. Ronaldo passing Gerd Müller as the best forward in the World Cup history.
Dude, dont get me wrong. I dont care how we play either as long as we win BUT we played like crap and we didnt win (towards the end of WC06 and almost all of Euro08). I dont want Germany to play "Brazilian" type of football because:
1) it wont happen
2) thats not how we play
3) it wont happen

What I am trying to say is that we can play like crap against teams like Azer, S.A., Switzerland, Austria, the list is long BUT... and win but when we come up against teams like Russia, who arent the best but do put upper tier teams in the dirt if they dont play to their potential, we need to keep the pressure up, we need to either play like we used to - come out and score first and then suffocate the opposition and wear them down
or come out score first and keep bringing the ball up with blitzing counter attacks and dont let up. Right now we are doing neither. Lazy, sloppy, make way too many mistakes and give the ball up to easy. Last match Ballack only won 29% of his battles... simply not good enough.
What it looks like to me when we are on the pitch, as of late, there is no urgency. It looks like we arent taking this seriously enough.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:34   #24
Filo
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
Germany won the '96 Euro.

So it's actually just 13 years.
Maybe in 2010 the 13 years curse will break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
Dude, dont get me wrong. I dont care how we play either as long as we win BUT we played like crap and we didnt win (towards the end of WC06 and almost all of Euro08). I dont want Germany to play "Brazilian" type of football because:
1) it wont happen
2) thats not how we play
3) it wont happen

What I am trying to say is that we can play like crap against teams like Azer, S.A., Switzerland, Austria, the list is long BUT... and win but when we come up against teams like Russia, who arent the best but do put upper tier teams in the dirt if they dont play to their potential, we need to keep the pressure up, we need to either play like we used to - come out and score first and then suffocate the opposition and wear them down
or come out score first and keep bringing the ball up with blitzing counter attacks and dont let up. Right now we are doing neither. Lazy, sloppy, make way too many mistakes and give the ball up to easy. Last match Ballack only won 29% of his battles... simply not good enough.
What it looks like to me when we are on the pitch, as of late, there is no urgency. It looks like we arent taking this seriously enough.
I understand and I fully agree with your points. I just hope Germany can take the next step and win a tournament, I'm sick of feeling like Ballack: THE SECOND BEST.
BZ Squad member26
Old 04-09-2009, 13:31   #25
Wad!e
Mia San Mia

Good Luck Tomorrow..
Old 04-09-2009, 16:24   #26
Tomas
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filo4efcbm View Post
Maybe in 2010 the 13 years curse will break!

I understand and I fully agree with your points. I just hope Germany can take the next step and win a tournament, I'm sick of feeling like Ballack: THE SECOND BEST.
You know... that is the perfect quote and I couldnt have said it any better!lol
Old 14-09-2009, 22:23   #27
Tomas
BZ Member

Anyone see this yet?

FRANKFURT (AP) — Germany will practice on artificial turf ahead of its potentially decisive World Cup qualifier in Russia next month.

Germany to practice on artificial turf - USATODAY.com

Some say its not a big deal but for me it sounds like a severe lack of forethought. Didnt Russia see this coming over 12 months ago? European clubs demand playing on natural turf when the play in the US or they dont go, plain and simple... and thats just for friendlies.
Old 22-09-2009, 15:17   #28
Snake
BZ Member

Joachim Loew: Rene Adler Is My Top Goalkeeper

Quote:
Adler will be the man between the sticks in Germany's remaining World Cup qualifiers...

Germany head coach Joachim Loew has named Bayer Leverkusen shot-stopper Rene Adler as the nation's first choice goalkeeper after Robert Enke was ruled out of the team's last two World Cup qualifiers.

Enke was forced to withdraw from the Germany squad for their previous World Cup qualifier due to a stomach infection and he will not be available for two more weeks as a result of his illness.

Schalke youngster Manuel Neuer and Werder Bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiese were also candidates to replace Enke in the matches against Russia on October 10 and Finland on October 14.

"Rene Adler is my new first choice between the sticks - assuming nothing serious happens. He has my absolute confidence after keeping clean sheets against South Africa and Azerbaijan," Loew was quoted as saying by Bild.
Joachim Loew: Rene Adler Is My Top Goalkeeper - Goal.com
Top poster
Old 22-09-2009, 15:28   #29
Snake
BZ Member

ENKE OUT OF RUSSIA SHOWDOWN

Quote:
Robert Enke has been ruled out of Germany's crucial World Cup qualifier against Russia next month due to illness.

The Hannover goalkeeper had been coach Joachim Low's number one choice for what could be a decisive game in Germany's bid to qualify for next year's World Cup finals, but having missed the last two internationals and Hannover's last three Bundesliga games already, he is set to miss at least another fortnight.

That would leave him short of peak condition for the game in Moscow on October 14 and Low has already decided to rule him out.

"Robert has agreed with his doctors that he will only train lightly for the next two weeks as he has to take antibiotics for the time being," explained Low.

"That means for us that he will not be fully fit in time for the internationals in October and he cannot therefore be employed.

"We are happy that a diagnosis has now been made for his health problems and that Robert is on the road to recovery."

Numerous tests were required to ascertain the cause for Enke's ill-feeling during the last break for internationals earlier this month.

A precise diagnosis has only just been made and Enke is now undergoing a course of antibiotics to cure a stomach bacterial infection.

His place in goal in Moscow will now be contested between Bayer Leverkusen's Rene Adler, Werder Bremen's Tim Wiese and Manuel Neuer of Schalke.
ENKE OUT OF RUSSIA SHOWDOWN | Sporting Life
Top poster
Old 22-09-2009, 15:45   #30
Tomas
BZ Member

Bad news for Enke but good news for Adler. As much as I hate Russia, they are far better than Azerbaijan and S.A. I hope we play like we should.