Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Transfers

Old 05-11-2018, 23:32   #211
OnlyInsider
Und so wieder FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweinfurt View Post
This rumor is very strange, why does Juventus want to sell him in the first place?
Yeah it doesn't make any sense really. But if they really want James as some rumors says, they will have too many options in the attacking department. James and Dybala will pretty much compete for the same spot(s) so maybe that's the reason?

For him to leave Juventus now doesn't seem realistic. Their project is right now better/more convincing than ours. Our team needs a massive overhaul where as they are a well-oiled machine.

But okay who would've thought Ronaldo would leave United in 2009 or Pogba leaving Juventus in 2016? They both left their respective clubs for (at that time) worse/inferior teams on paper.

It looks unlikely to happen, but lets see.
BZ Squad member6
The above post is liked by:
Blackroze (05-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 03:41   #212
Muller25
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Yeah it doesn't make any sense really. But if they really want James as some rumors says, they will have too many options in the attacking department. James and Dybala will pretty much compete for the same spot(s) so maybe that's the reason?

For him to leave Juventus now doesn't seem realistic. Their project is right now better/more convincing than ours. Our team needs a massive overhaul where as they are a well-oiled machine.

But okay who would've thought Ronaldo would leave United in 2009 or Pogba leaving Juventus in 2016? They both left their respective clubs for (at that time) worse/inferior teams on paper.

It looks unlikely to happen, but lets see.
I'm all for Dybala coming here. But against it if it means a James Dybala swap. I want them both here. Sell Muller or make Muller a sub and attack more centrally then just out on the wings.
BZ Squad member58
Old 06-11-2018, 05:52   #213
Grey
Free Cascadia

Dybala is a lateral move. It may be that that lateral move ultimately sets us on a higher trajectory, but at it's core it's just a replacement for James and/or Muller. I'd much prefer a player who can immediately be a step upwards - like a Ribery replacement.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 06-11-2018, 06:57   #214
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Dybala is a lateral move. It may be that that lateral move ultimately sets us on a higher trajectory, but at it's core it's just a replacement for James and/or Muller. I'd much prefer a player who can immediately be a step upwards - like a Ribery replacement.
that would be Martial, but for some reason our board can not see it.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Grey (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 07:03   #215
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
that would be Martial, but for some reason our board can not see it.
Almost wrote his name verbatim, but I didn't want to editorialize any further

My only point was that Dybala would be a replacement for James and Muller, both of whom are regarded (by somehwat different sets of fans, of course) as excellent in the center of the pitch. As far as I see it, we're covered there already.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Sakujo (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 12:26   #216
Sakujo
Oliver Kahn

Quote:

My only point was that Dybala would be a replacement for James and Muller, both of whom are regarded (by somehwat different sets of fans, of course) as excellent in the center of the pitch. As far as I see it, we're covered there already.
I agree, I think James is a natural replacement to Muller he and Muller can alternate playing there depending on formation and form.

our problem is very clear .. Creative players on the wing, or if we want to abandon the playing on the wing for a formation like;

4-2-2-2 then a player like Dybala could make sense. but I don't see us changing our system anytime soon.

so what we need is pacy wingers as direct replacements for Robbery and atleast two CBs for our failing backline (Boa & Hummels) and one backup for each Wingback.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member14
Old 06-11-2018, 12:44   #217
Muller25
BZ Member

Quote:

I agree. Although I’d be all for Dybala. I don’t just want him as our only attacking transfer. I think we will still need atleast 1 more wing too. Ideally we finally move on from Robbery and we have Coman, Gnabry and Davies for the wing. 1 more guys is needed. What I do like that Dybala would give us is that option to attack in different ways. We rarely attack through the middle. Him here and getting a wing keeps it where we can attack from the wings AND through the middle at a WC level hopefully.
BZ Squad member58