Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Bundesliga

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2018, 20:06   #91
FernandoBR
BZ Member
 
FernandoBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Belo Horizonte
Posts: 3,314
Likes: 51
We always suck after CL games
BZ Squad member1
FernandoBR is online now  
Old 24-02-2018, 20:13   #92
mea95
Mea San Mea
 
mea95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nantes
Posts: 17,759
Likes: 56
@Tommy5Rings:

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy5Rings View Post
I literally quote you saying Lewy never passes the ball. The guy passed the ball twice to directly set up a goal on Tuesday.
You are right I said "will never pass the ball" , but I said in the same post that I'm overreacting
but ok, I will correct the sentence:"he will 90% of the time not pass the ball"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy5Rings View Post
You posted terrible evidence from a month ago in a situation you claim would be better for him to pass the ball in but he really shouldn't.



None of the players is in a clearly unmarked or more advantages position (except Robben back post) so why would the player tasked with scoring goals not try to score a goal when he is in no worse position than any other player?
well I don't know man, but from what I can see is that 2 players were making the run and he could've easily passed the ball to them, plus Robben was totally free on the opposite flank
Lewandowski took a shot from a very tight angle, where he has like 2% chance to score a goal (just because I don't want to say 0% chance)

I don't know ... but at least the sure thing is that one of us has eyes problem, and it could be me

And again, please stop saying "from a month" ... what's the argument here? A month ago we were still in 2017/2018 season, and it was like 4 matches ago, so what's your point here by saying from a month?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy5Rings View Post
I didn't bring him into the discussion for no reason. He's another goal scorer who often didn't or doesn't pass the ball when he can. There is a very good reason why a handful of players are allowed to take these opportunities now and again and its because they are world class goal scorers that often convert those chances at a much higher clip than other professionals and Robben isn't even a 9 .
2 different points of view ... yeah world class goalscorers should sometimes take hard shots and shoot instead of passing, but not on a regular basis
I never said Robben was allowed to do that (even though his long shots are 10 times better than Lewa and his signature move was unstoppable, but still it wasn't enjoyable on a regular basis and its result wasn't good like in the CL final 2012 for example and he was bashed back then like it was the end of the world)



And now, it's time for today's match (it will be the last time I point out at each situation because I don't like these games and I don't want to turn into Fernando 2.0 but since I talked about and it seems the chance that I've posted wasn't enough)

Extended Highlights

1) 0:10 --> Lewandowski received the ball after the GK save, and there was 2 free players (now please don't tell me they weren't in a better position), but he takes a shot instead of passing it
Is this acceptable? And don't tell me the ball was already out because he didn't know about it, not even Thiago who was raising his hand

2) 4:06 --> Look at Lewandowski's reaction when Muller didn't pass the ball to him, and IMO he was right. And it was the same situation that I already posted against Hoffenheim with Vidal making the run
Plus, why Muller didn't take a shot but tried to pass the ball, even though he was near the goal and like you said he scored several times from a tight angle?
Because Muller was thinking about the best decision and not just about scoring a goal and breaking a record

3) 4:45 --> This is 50-50 for me, but still, wasn't it a better idea to wait, defend the ball, pass it to Robben and build a new attack instead of forcing himself to take that shot and we all know there was 0% chance to score?
But again like I said it's 50-50 and I don't think I can really blame him for that but a player with Lewa's calibre should've done other than that IMO

4) 7:08 --> Was he really serious? He had Robben on his left, and he had Ribery behind him, but no he needs to dribble between 3 players and take a weak shot with his weak foot

5) 7:40 --> What the fuck did he do? Didn't he had other options to make instead of taking that shot?

6) 8:00 --> Do I need to repeat myself with forcing himself to take a silly shot with his weaker foot in a tough situation instead of passing to ball to Coman or even to Vidal?


Those are 6 situations from today's match, and there are tons of other examples from other matches



And I'm sorry guys, I'm just waiting a reply from Tommy5Rings and this will be my last post considering this topic in this thread

I love you all

Last edited by mea95; 24-02-2018 at 20:18.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
mea95 is offline  
Old 24-02-2018, 20:33   #93
Tommy5Rings
FC Sell Everyone
 
Tommy5Rings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 2,518
Likes: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
@Tommy5Rings:

Spoiler


You are right I said "will never pass the ball" , but I said in the same post that I'm overreacting
but ok, I will correct the sentence:"he will 90% of the time not pass the ball"





well I don't know man, but from what I can see is that 2 players were making the run and he could've easily passed the ball to them, plus Robben was totally free on the opposite flank
Lewandowski took a shot from a very tight angle, where he has like 2% chance to score a goal (just because I don't want to say 0% chance)

I don't know ... but at least the sure thing is that one of us has eyes problem, and it could be me

And again, please stop saying "from a month" ... what's the argument here? A month ago we were still in 2017/2018 season, and it was like 4 matches ago, so what's your point here by saying from a month?





2 different points of view ... yeah world class goalscorers should sometimes take hard shots and shoot instead of passing, but not on a regular basis
I never said Robben was allowed to do that (even though his long shots are 10 times better than Lewa and his signature move was unstoppable, but still it wasn't enjoyable on a regular basis and its result wasn't good like in the CL final 2012 for example and he was bashed back then like it was the end of the world)



And now, it's time for today's match (it will be the last time I point out at each situation because I don't like these games and I don't want to turn into Fernando 2.0 but since I talked about and it seems the chance that I've posted wasn't enough)

Extended Highlights

1) 0:10 --> Lewandowski received the ball after the GK save, and there was 2 free players (now please don't tell me they weren't in a better position), but he takes a shot instead of passing it
Is this acceptable? And don't tell me the ball was already out because he didn't know about it, not even Thiago who was raising his hand

2) 4:06 --> Look at Lewandowski's reaction when Muller didn't pass the ball to him, and IMO he was right. And it was the same situation that I already posted against Hoffenheim with Vidal making the run
Plus, why Muller didn't take a shot but tried to pass the ball, even though he was near the goal and like you said he scored several times from a tight angle?
Because Muller was thinking about the best decision and not just about scoring a goal and breaking a record

3) 4:45 --> This is 50-50 for me, but still, wasn't it a better idea to wait, defend the ball, pass it to Robben and build a new attack instead of forcing himself to take that shot and we all know there was 0% chance to score?
But again like I said it's 50-50 and I don't think I can really blame him for that but a player with Lewa's calibre should've done other than that IMO

4) 7:08 --> Was he really serious? He had Robben on his left, and he had Ribery behind him, but no he needs to dribble between 3 players and take a weak shot with his weak foot

5) 7:40 --> What the fuck did he do? Didn't he had other options to make instead of taking that shot?

6) 8:00 --> Do I need to repeat myself with forcing himself to take a silly shot with his weaker foot in a tough situation instead of passing to ball to Coman or even to Vidal?


Those are 6 situations from today's match, and there are tons of other examples from other matches



And I'm sorry guys, I'm just waiting a reply from Tommy5Rings and this will be my last post considering this topic in this thread

I love you all
I don't know if you realize it but the first defender is there to clear any ball lewy plays near post to Vidal in that still.

As for today's moments, the only real argument that Lewy made a selfish move was the very first where he tries to score from a very tight angle after failing to keep it in play. You will notice in every other instance you highlight there isn't another player calling for the ball. Not a single one, they are all either making very late runs into the box where Lewy is the most advanced player with an opportuntiy to shoot or are marked to some extent.

I expect the 9 to have a go if he creates space in a goalless draw instead of playing for possession and thinking we'll create some clear chance. Unless there is an unmarked player or one who has beat his marker Lewy should try and make something happen and more often than not he does to win us a match like this.
Tommy5Rings is offline  
Old 24-02-2018, 22:56   #94
mea95
Mea San Mea
 
mea95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nantes
Posts: 17,759
Likes: 56
^it seems you have a specific definition for #9 in your standards, but that's totally wrong for me

I'm not saying that Lewa is a bad striker or he isn't responsible/involved in most of our goals scored, but he is exaggerating recently and forcing himself to take a shot instead of finding his teammates (in most of the time) isn't healthy and is hurting sometimes the team (and my eyes)

Anyway like I already promised it will be the last post, so end of discussion for me
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
mea95 is offline  
Old 25-02-2018, 01:43   #95
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 5,792
Likes: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
^it seems you have a specific definition for #9 in your standards, but that's totally wrong for me

I'm not saying that Lewa is a bad striker or he isn't responsible/involved in most of our goals scored, but he is exaggerating recently and forcing himself to take a shot instead of finding his teammates (in most of the time) isn't healthy and is hurting sometimes the team (and my eyes)

Anyway like I already promised it will be the last post, so end of discussion for me
I mean, it's not like he had a opportunity to make the pass, there were Hertha players everywhere, maybe during that one shot that got deflected by the defender and Robben was closing on, but even then there was a defender next to Robben.

Ribery missed the best chance of the game.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Old 25-02-2018, 01:50   #96
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 5,792
Likes: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1R View Post
Motm because of 5 shots on target. None of them were serious.
Torunarigha was much more deserving, was everywhere.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Old 25-02-2018, 11:19   #97
mea95
Mea San Mea
 
mea95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nantes
Posts: 17,759
Likes: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
I mean, it's not like he had a opportunity to make the pass, there were Hertha players everywhere, maybe during that one shot that got deflected by the defender and Robben was closing on, but even then there was a defender next to Robben.

Ribery missed the best chance of the game.

Dude that's not my point ...
Nobody said that if he passed the ball we would've scored, and yeah there were Hertha players everywhere, but I'm talking about Lewa's mentality

He didn't pass the ball because he wanted to score and that's it, he didn't really think about the situation and positioning of other players because he wasn't even thinking about passing and it's obvious

I mean, instead of dribbling between 7 players and taking a weak shot with his weaker foot, in every situation I mentioned he had a chance to pass the ball (even if the result wouldn't have been that good, but it would have been better than what he did)


Anyway I'm not blaming him for our draw, the whole team played like shit
And yeah I agree about Ribery missing the best chance
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
mea95 is offline  
Old 25-02-2018, 15:56   #98
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 21
Lewa's mentality is fine, this type of hysteria happens every time he doesn't score in a single game. It's made all the more obviously hysterical when you realize how long it's been since BZ had it's last "LEWA SO SELFISH" outburst.

YAWN
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Grey is offline  
Old 25-02-2018, 16:27   #99
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe
 
OnlyInsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,809
Likes: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Lewa's mentality is fine, this type of hysteria happens every time he doesn't score in a single game. It's made all the more obviously hysterical when you realize how long it's been since BZ had it's last "LEWA SO SELFISH" outburst.

YAWN


Fully agreed.
OnlyInsider is offline  
Old 25-02-2018, 17:14   #100
mea95
Mea San Mea
 
mea95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nantes
Posts: 17,759
Likes: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
this type of hysteria happens every time he doesn't score in a single game
we will see about it
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
mea95 is offline  
Old 25-02-2018, 17:42   #101
EM1R
FC Next Year München
 
EM1R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: B&H
Posts: 2,885
Likes: 44

EM1R is online now  
Old 25-02-2018, 22:29   #102
micky
A good Christian
 
micky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lower Saxony
Posts: 5,261
Likes: 19
Yeah, Süle is quite fast for a guy his size, but it takes him a while to get running, just like an old diesel engine.
BZ Squad member22
micky is online now  
Old 26-02-2018, 00:04   #103
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
Yeah, Süle is quite fast for a guy his size, but it takes him a while to get running, just like an old diesel engine.
Shades of Badstuber, supposedly the fastest player at Bayern in 2011 hahaha
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Grey is offline  
Old 27-02-2018, 08:17   #104
Effenbergfan
Der Tiger
 
Effenbergfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 1,573
Likes: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
Yeah, Süle is quite fast for a guy his size, but it takes him a while to get running, just like an old diesel engine.
Boateng has that too IMO. When his engine is warm he is fast. His first meters are not even as fast as my first meters to the bar.
Effenbergfan is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


Follow BayernZone on Facebook Follow BayernZone on Twitter Contact Us

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:09.

Sponsors: Your link here? | Your link here? | Your link here?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Allianz Arena icon by luca1980 / CC BY / Recolored

©2009 - 2017 BayernZone.com
This is a fan forum that is in no way affiliated with FC Bayern München AG.