Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Old 09-07-2017, 12:33   #16
Fussballgott
BZ World Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosoo2 View Post
Yeah..we're not beating the big clubs any time soon
And that's more because of Guardiola trip with possession tactics and old Ancelotti with poor tactics in Bayern than because of transfer policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoBR View Post
Gnabry >>>> Costa
More potential, could be more useful if he continues to improve (what he does since OG 2016)

Last edited by Fussballgott; 09-07-2017 at 12:36.
BZ Squad member39
Old 09-07-2017, 12:58   #17
mea95
Mea San Mea

let's not kid ourselves

we need another world class attacker or this transfer window would be considered as a failure
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Old 09-07-2017, 13:06   #18
mea95
Mea San Mea

We have the next Ribery
Old 09-07-2017, 14:09   #19
pzUH
BZ Member

That's the problem. Everyone will use Robbery as a benchmark. Then trashing that young players when they don't meet their standard.
Old 09-07-2017, 14:14   #20
roosoo2
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoBR View Post
Gnabry >>>> Costa

based on???your speculations???..anyways, that's not the point. the point is these players are not good enough, if our endgame is to win the CL that is.

every time this club try to patch and repair any hole in the team, 2 new holes reappear.

at first, it was the goalkeeper, after kahn retired we failed to fill that place with quality replacement until many seasons later when we were forced to pay big money for neuer.

then, while the attack was great with both robben and ribery on each flank, the defense was a total horror show. and by the time we finally managed to "fix" the defense, the midfield was leaking heavy with the departure of kroos and the arrival of alonso.

and now, after three years with old alonso we've fixed the leakage with the tolisso acquiring. BUT, our two WC wingers and the force behind our attack in all of those years are semi-retired.

if you think about it, the only time in the last 10 years where the stars aligned and we had the best goal-keeper, great defense with boateng alaba lahm and dante "the one-year wonder", extraordinary midfield, and deadly attack with the best wingers in their prime, is the time when we've won the treble.

Last edited by roosoo2; 09-07-2017 at 14:17.
Old 09-07-2017, 14:20   #21
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzUH View Post
That's the problem. Everyone will use Robbery as a benchmark. Then trashing that young players when they don't meet their standard.

when you have players like Robbery that are past their prime you NEED to replace them with players of the same caliber

I'm not saying Gnabry will fail miserably , I hope he will succeed but he can't be a direct starter now nor a reliable backup

He should go on loan and we should buy another world class attacker
Old 09-07-2017, 14:20   #22
mia_san_mia39
74|75|76|01|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosoo2 View Post
based on???your speculations???..anyways, that's not the point. the point is these players are not good enough, if our endgame is to win the CL that is.

every time this club try to patch and repair any hole in the team, 2 new holes reappear.

at first, it was the goalkeeper, after kahn retired we failed to fill that place with quality replacement until many seasons later when we were forced to pay big money for neuer.

then, while the attack was great with both robben and ribery on each flank, the defense was a total horror show. and by the time we finally managed to "fix" the defense, the midfield was leaking heavy with the departure of kroos and the arrival of alonso.

and now, after three years with old alonso we've fixed the leakage with the tolisso acquiring. BUT, our two WC wingers and the force behind our attack in all of those years are semi-retired.

if you think about it, the only time in the last 10 years where the stars aligned and we had the best goal-keeper, great defense with boateng alaba lahm and dante "the one-year wonder", extraordinary midfield, and deadly attack with the best wingers in their prime, is the time when we've won the treble.
And people call me crazy when I say we are somewhat in a rebuilding phase...like you said, we haven't had every position on the field with prime players in prime parts of their career together. Every year theres always those one or two spots that we are lacking in...
Old 09-07-2017, 14:45   #23
roosoo2
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_san_mia39 View Post
And people call me crazy when I say we are somewhat in a rebuilding phase...like you said, we haven't had every position on the field with prime players in prime parts of their career together. Every year theres always those one or two spots that we are lacking in...
no mate, we have still the best keeper, amazing defense with the addition of hummels and sule, immensely upgraded midfield with the departure of alonso and arrival of the highly talented tolisso, and finally arguably the best striker in the world in lewandowski. the one thing left is to be able to replace these two WC wingers, who were the force behind our attacks and our creativity in the final third, with the same/similar caliber players, so we can honestly have a decent chance of winning the CL.

there's no need to rebuild the team and start all over again, all we need is two WC attacking players and we are set for the next 5 years or so. by then the likes of coman and gnabry would have developed enough to take over, if they become good enough of course.
Old 09-07-2017, 22:09   #24
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

So, Bayern doesn't develop players anymore? Just buy players that already world class or ready? If this turn true, what a boring club we're going to be. I don't really see a issue with giving Gnabry a shot to shine.
BZ Squad member27
Old 09-07-2017, 22:12   #25
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
So, Bayern doesn't develop players anymore? Just buy players that already world class or ready? If this turn true, what a boring club we're going to be. I don't really see a issue with giving Gnabry a shot to shine.
Why is it boring to buy WC players? I want us to be among the best, but it seems you and others are cool with being a second tier club where we will head to in short time if we keep neglecting using money on proven players.

In this case its only 1 world class player we need atm to have a complete squad again.
BZ Squad member6
Old 09-07-2017, 22:18   #26
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
why not doing both? Develop players and also buy world class players if we lack one in a specific position

wouldn't this be wiser?
Old 09-07-2017, 22:57   #27
roosoo2
BZ Member

there are studies that show if a lost tribe, no matter how happy they are, is introduced to modern life and technology, they simply can't and won't go back to they way they were living.

let me give you other example, if you're some place disconnected from everyone else, and you only have FIFA 98' and ps1 as a game, you may think that it is the best thing ever. you'll be more than happy and satisfied with it. but the moment you reconnect with the out-side world and get introduced to ps2 3 and 4 and the latest FIFA, you won't go back to playing FIFA 98' as you realize how bad it truly is.

i grow up as a beyren fan throughout the late nineties and 2000's, buying good players was not an option, especially outside of germany as far as i'm concerned. getting to the QF in the CL was a luxury rather than the bare minimum.

so after bayern started to some extent buy known foreign players and the best german ones for a lot amount of money like robben neuer martinez and thiago, and as a result we started reaching the later parts of the tournament and eventually winning it, made me realize how shitty the previous chapter/era was.

so no i don't want to go back to the "young german" players era, to the Schlaudraff the baumjohann and podolski time where the english clubs were buying the drogbas ronaldos and torreses of the world.

Last edited by roosoo2; 10-07-2017 at 15:18.
Old 09-07-2017, 23:33   #28
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
why not doing both? Develop players and also buy world class players if we lack one in a specific position

wouldn't this be wiser?
Not for ridiculous amount of money. There are no wingers available worth their price. I would love for Bayern to pay 70~80 millions for Hazard, but he's not a real option is he? If you have to pay, at least pay for a player fitting of the price. Sanchez is not worth the 50 million + gigantic salary.
BZ Squad member27
Old 10-07-2017, 09:11   #29
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Not for ridiculous amount of money. There are no wingers available worth their price. I would love for Bayern to pay 70~80 millions for Hazard, but he's not a real option is he? If you have to pay, at least pay for a player fitting of the price. Sanchez is not worth the 50 million + gigantic salary.
"Not for ridiculous amount of money" is a ridiculous statement

The market is crazy atm , you can't get world class players if you don't pay enough

And the funny thing is that we have enough money to buy another club , not only some world clas players

We need a world class attacker and it's obvious ... Lewa got injured against Real and Ribery is out of gas after the 60th minute so our attack died
Is this something acceptable for a club like Bayern? Not having a reliable top class LW for big matches and a backup for the striker position?

We need '1' world class attacker , only 1
Paying 60 m and make the team complete should not be something hard for Bayern
I'm not saying to go crazy in transfers like Real Madrid or Man Utd , but at least spend the money when needed to
Old 10-07-2017, 10:25   #30
Wavy
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
"Not for ridiculous amount of money" is a ridiculous statement

The market is crazy atm , you can't get world class players if you don't pay enough

And the funny thing is that we have enough money to buy another club , not only some world clas players

We need a world class attacker and it's obvious ... Lewa got injured against Real and Ribery is out of gas after the 60th minute so our attack died
Is this something acceptable for a club like Bayern? Not having a reliable top class LW for big matches and a backup for the striker position?

We need '1' world class attacker , only 1
Paying 60 m and make the team complete should not be something hard for Bayern
I'm not saying to go crazy in transfers like Real Madrid or Man Utd , but at least spend the money when needed to
Isn't it funny how everyone wants to be a market regulator these days? I mean, I saw the other day Nottingham Forest has broken their record signing by signing a complete unknown dude for 20 million. Gone are the days when you could get a Ribery with 24 Mmillion and a Roben for 25 (or however much he cost).

The problem is some of the guys here think that we are against these youngsters coming in, and they think we don't rate their talent. Yes, Gnabry is extremely talented, and maybe in 2-3 years he will be a world beater, but will Lewandowski stay here for 3 years without competing in the CL (remember Ballack)? Winning the BL has become routine for Bayern and it doesn't matter much at this point seeing as every season we are expected to win it. They might as well hand us the trophy before the league begins.

The thing is, you cannot rely on 21 year olds to win the CL unless their name is Messi. You can argue that the BuLi is just as important, but the reality is that it isn't. You can lie to yourself all you want. You are not a top club unless you win the CL, and you cannot win the CL unless you spend big.

Another issue is that some of you think we are calling for a total overhaul of our team. We're not. We only want to strengthen the positions we're the weakest, and currently our weakest positions are the wings. Gnabry and Coman won't solve this problem. Buying a cheap ass player like Costa (which wasn't very cheap mind you) won't do that either. If we let the Leroy Sanes and the De Bruynes slip of our hands because we're cheap is inexcusable. At least for me.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5