Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > German Football

Old 30-06-2009, 07:39   #1
Snake
BZ Member

VfL Wolfsburg

Edin Dzeko Breaks Milan Hearts: I'm Happy At Wolfsburg
The young attacker has given the Rossoneri more bad news...

Quote:
Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko has put an end to the speculation surrounding his possible move to Milan, pledging his loyalty to the German champions.

This is a huge blow for the Rossoneri, who have not yet signed a big name player following their sale of Kaka to Real Madrid in the past weeks.

Dzeko said recently that he was being forced to stay at Wolfe against his will, but now he seems to have change his tune.

"I'm fine at Wolfsburg and I'm happy to be able to play in the Champions League," declared the Bosnian attacker to the Bundesliga club's official website.

"In the coming years I will play for Wolfsburg at 100 per cent."

According to Wolfsburg, it was a meeting between the club and the player on Sunday that convinced Dzeko to remain in Germany.

"From Saturday, Dzeko will be at the training camp at Sylt," announced the website.

"After a clarifying meeting with the directors, now he is sure: he will stay at Wolfsburg."

This means that Milan will have to start looking elsewhere now, with Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor now thought to be their main transfer target.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...y-at-wolfsburg

Last edited by Snake; 30-06-2009 at 10:00.
Top poster
Old 30-06-2009, 09:14   #2
Trim

Good news for the Bundesliga. I was afraid the league was loosing one of the few good players.

Old 30-06-2009, 10:32   #3
Ramy
BZ Member

Very good news for the Bundesliga fans.

Let's hope next year Bayern will get him .
Old 30-06-2009, 17:28   #4
Tomas
BZ Member

Im glad hes staying in Bunde!

@ Ramy... we dont need him. Our positions are filled for strikers. We need someone like Diego who can fill Riberys shoes when he leaves next year if he doesnt extend his contract.
Old 30-06-2009, 17:34   #5
Snake
BZ Member

Diego was always out of the question for us, he hated Bayern.....
But I think we should try for Ronaldinho if he has another rotten season at Milan.
Top poster
Old 30-06-2009, 21:38   #6
Ramy
BZ Member

VfL Wolfsburg - Grafite extends contract

Grafite extends Wolfsburg deal

Quote:
Wolfsburg striker Grafite has signed a 12-month extension to his contract with the Bundesliga champions.

The Brazilian bagged 28 goals to top the scoring charts in Germany last season and has now pledged his future to the Volkswagen Arena outfit until June 2012.

Grafite's partnership with Edin Dzeko, who found the net 26 times, made them the most prolific forward duo in the history of the Bundesliga.

Coach Armin Veh was more than happy to secure the services of such a key man for an extended period as he plots a defence of the title and an assault on the UEFA Champions League.

Veh said: "Grafite is a striker with class. He is enormously important for the team."

Grafite, who joined Wolfsburg from Le Mans in 2007, added: "I want to contribute my part to us remaining successful."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...408073,00.html
Old 01-07-2009, 02:04   #7
René
#4 Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by __-SNAKE-__ View Post
Diego was always out of the question for us, he hated Bayern.....
But I think we should try for Ronaldinho if he has another rotten season at Milan.
So he can come and rot here? No thanks.
BZ Squad member4
Old 01-07-2009, 22:47   #8
Ramy
BZ Member

Karim Ziani Wants Wolfsburg Switch

Quote:
The Algerian midfielder has reacted favourably to potentially moving to the German Bundesliga champions from Marseille.

Algerian international midfielder Karim Ziani has told dzfoot.net that he is very much interested in being transferred to VfL Wolfsburg after it was revealed that the German Bundesliga champions had made a €10 million bid for him.

“I’ve chosen Wolfsburg, I really want to go there. They have a coach who has been following me for I don’t know how many years. He likes me, knows how I play. I’m not going there as an unknown. In a certain way, with him, I’ve chosen fidelity,” he explained in the interview.

Meanwhile, the player also said that the German championships’ heavy emphasis on offensive play was another attraction for him given that it corresponds well with his technical strengths.

Ziani was philosophical when asked about the unceremonious end to his career at Olympique Marseille and indicated that he was particularly upset that they didn’t win any titles during the last season even though they performed rather well.

“It’s a special club that allowed me to grow up but as far as my situation goes its really better for me to go elsewhere. It’s destiny,” he added.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germa...lfsburg-switch
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22   #9
Scooter

Good to see Wolfsburg keeping their best players, they might perform well in next year's CL.
Old 04-07-2009, 20:51   #10
Ramy
BZ Member

Chelsea Preparing €23 Million Bid For Wolfsburg Striker Edin Dzeko - Report

Quote:
The Blues are looking to succeed where Milan have failed this summer…

Chelsea have reportedly entered the race to sign Wolfsburg star Edin Dzeko and are planning a €23 million (£20m) offer for the player.

The Mirror reports today that new head coach Carlo Ancelotti, who is looking to add quality to his side and reduce the average age of the Blues’ squad, sees the Bosnia and Herzegovina striker as an ideal option.

Italian giants Milan have been courting Dzeko for most of the summer, but seem to have moved on to Sevilla’s Luis Fabiano after being frustrated by Wolfsburg’s desire to keep hold of the player.

But the Blues are still said to be hopeful of persuading the Bundesliga champions to agree a deal and Ancelotti has apparently told the club’s hierarchy to start putting out feelers to see if a €23m offer would be accepted.

The 23-year-old Dzeko burst onto the scene last season as he smashed 36 goals in just 42 appearances in all competitions in what was a fantastic campaign.

Dzeko, capped 17 times by his country, played for Zeljeznicar, Usti nad Labem and Teplice before joining his current club.

Chelsea completed the signing of starlet Daniel Sturridge from Manchester City yesterday and are still hopeful of agreeing a deal for left-sided Russian player Yuri Zhirkov next week, with significant funds available to Ancelotti.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...g-striker-edin
Old 05-07-2009, 21:48   #11
Trim

Wolfsburg are closing in on Lorik Cana, according to French media.

Old 05-07-2009, 22:26   #12
MrBayerns
4ever in my heart

Wolfsburg also are interesting in Newcastle united attacker Obafemi Martin! But this player dont want play in Bundesliga!
Old 07-07-2009, 17:38   #13
Trim

Edin Dzeko was taken to hospital today with an ankle injury, according to reports.

He took a blow to his right ankle in a challenge with Andreas Barzagli in training.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48   #14
Ramy
BZ Member

Dzeko will be out for two weeks.
Old 15-07-2009, 20:58   #15
Ramy
BZ Member

Wolfsburg snap up Johnson

Quote:
German champions Wolfsburg have snapped up Fabian Johnson from 1860 Munich for an undisclosed fee.

Johnson has spent over a decade with the Munich club, but has agreed a three-year contract with Wolfsburg.

The midfielder was part of Germany's recent European Under 21 Championship winning squad and is tipped for a bright future with his new club.

"We are happy with the signing of Fabian Johnson," Wolfsburg coach Armin Veh told the club's official website.

"He is a good prospect and not even close to being at the end of his development as a player.

"I am convinced he is going to make big progress at our club."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...434771,00.html