Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2015, 20:10   #31
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,516
Likes: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueplayer View Post
come on mate, the guys are right. No decent gk would join us at this stage. I understand your concerns about Neuer getting injured or something, but no keeper in his right mind would come to FC Bayern at the moment

Plus, Ulreich ain`t no Spaniard Cut him some slack
ok, let's just agree to disagree....

But one more question, for you only.

Why did Reina come then? Isn't he decent?
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 20:16   #32
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,516
Likes: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoBR View Post
I was being ironic... My bad if you couldn't tell...

My point stands either way.
What's the reason to be ironic mate, to someone putting some names on the table, stating that they are better choises and that Bayern should make an aproach to them?

None of them is an impossible or expensive signing. All I said is we should make a try....

Nothing else!
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 20:19   #33
albanian7
MIA SAN MIA
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 695
Likes: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
All in all, I watched before 2 years a team that was ready to conquere the top of the world for 5 years at least.

It's more than obvious that we now lost it!
And that means that our board made some mistakes.
I remind you that a couple of years before, our board stated that we were ready to sign every year 2 world class players spending about 80M depending to our needs.

Instead of this we were proud and laughing last summer, just because we signed 9 players spending only 49M.

Ιn the meantime we tragically lost our best midfielder (I don't care why. A team like Bayern is oblidged to offer anything to a player like this to stay), we bought Goetze who is a big flop untill he proves the opposite, Thiago who is the definition of injury prone, and a still have to prove himself central defender.
Our only bearably succesive transfers were Lewa and Bernat but still no shining stars.

In the meantime Madrid signed Bale and won the CL and Farca signed Neymar and Suarez and won the treble....

Just as simple as that!

So, if any of you is satisfied with a transfer like this, then take Kimmich as well, Hojbjerg and that Mane or Embolo guy and get ready to be eliminated on the quarter final this time, watching Madrid, Farca or anybody else lifting the trophy.

We are FC Bayern and I demand from our board to correct their 2 years mistakes by spending big and sign players like Hazard, Reus, Di Maria, De Bruyne etc!

On toppic, it's unacceptable to my knowledge for any decent team not to have a quality 2nd goalkeeper

That's my 2 cents!
Yes, we have lost the "best team" place and we WON'T GET IT BACK next season. But I don't think our biggest problem for that would be the backup GK.

Like you said, we have no winger backup (not even a bad backup - Gotze isn't a winger, period - not at all, we even sold Shaqiri, who was plainly bad, but he was a backup, now we have no backup at all) and we certainly need a TOP CLASS winger and we needed it since 2013 because Robbery are injury-prone and who knows if he ever comes back. First mistake: not signing a top winger

We lost Kroos, one of the best CM around. We lost a guy who had been with Bayern for eight years and had CHL/WC experience. We lost him because of f.u.c.k.i.n.g wage demands?!??
Second mistake

We need a new CM. Period. Our young prospects are talented but they don't win CHL. We have three over-30 midfielders and a very injury-prone Thiago (whose transfer I still support: he is brilliant). And Alaba should go back to left-back. Not getting a new CM would be a third mistake.

We need a new right-back: Rafinha won't cut it. He is fine for most BuLi matches, but he is not CHL quality. Fourth mistake if we don't get one.

We could also use a centre-back & striker backup (who do not need to be the best in the world, just decent quality)

And after all of these, the backup issue can only be the 7th mistake. That's why I don't understand your "anger"
albanian7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 20:25   #34
uniqueplayer
executioner
 
uniqueplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,767
Likes: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
ok, let's just agree to disagree....

But one more question, for you only.

Why did Reina come then? Isn't he decent?
yes he is. Somehow I got your point: maybe if we would have made some offers for other promising gks, there`s a small chance that they could have said yes. But it`s still very hard to lure in such type of a goalie while Neuer is around. If we`d face Real or Barca, I`d also be worried if Ulreich was our starting gk. But Neuer is Neuer, and that`s the main "issue"
uniqueplayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 20:35   #35
roosoo2
BZ Member
 
roosoo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: palestine,nazareth
Posts: 3,766
Likes: 0
now we can challenge for the champions league no need for more signings
roosoo2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 21:04   #36
micky
Arp you ready?
 
micky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rhein-Neckar
Posts: 6,065
Likes: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
No! You seem to ignore my answer!

All these players are playing in Bundesliga, so they are always available for Bayern to aproach? We didn't make any move and that's pathetic. Signing a player like Starke proved to be pathetic as well, and I wholeheartedly hope Ulrich proves me wrong but I highly doubt.

And just to make it clearer to you, was Reus available both times we showed interest on him?

Were all the players we ever showed interest in them always available?

I don't think so.... eh?
To say that some players are available, which is what you wrote, is a completely different thing than to say that they're available to be approached. Basically every player in the world is available to be approached by any club.
BZ Squad member22
micky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 21:32   #37
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,516
Likes: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by albanian7 View Post
Yes, we have lost the "best team" place and we WON'T GET IT BACK next season. But I don't think our biggest problem for that would be the backup GK.

Like you said, we have no winger backup (not even a bad backup - Gotze isn't a winger, period - not at all, we even sold Shaqiri, who was plainly bad, but he was a backup, now we have no backup at all) and we certainly need a TOP CLASS winger and we needed it since 2013 because Robbery are injury-prone and who knows if he ever comes back. First mistake: not signing a top winger

We lost Kroos, one of the best CM around. We lost a guy who had been with Bayern for eight years and had CHL/WC experience. We lost him because of f.u.c.k.i.n.g wage demands?!??
Second mistake

We need a new CM. Period. Our young prospects are talented but they don't win CHL. We have three over-30 midfielders and a very injury-prone Thiago (whose transfer I still support: he is brilliant). And Alaba should go back to left-back. Not getting a new CM would be a third mistake.

We need a new right-back: Rafinha won't cut it. He is fine for most BuLi matches, but he is not CHL quality. Fourth mistake if we don't get one.

We could also use a centre-back & striker backup (who do not need to be the best in the world, just decent quality)

And after all of these, the backup issue can only be the 7th mistake. That's why I don't understand your "anger"
We don't disagree anywhere mate

Of course this is our smallest mistake. But it's still a mistake!
My anger is mostly because of all the other mistakes that you've mentioned and because I still see mistakes happening repeatedly.
I also happen to be more sensitive in the goalkeeper's position as I used to be a good one when I was young and I happen to know a couple of things more than I know about strikers, midfielders and defenders.

The fact that we'll lose a knock out game by this factor might seem to anyone of you so farfetched this very moment, but believe me if I see it happening with all these things I know it will be my worst nightmare....

Coclusively, take a look at this:

Farca: Bravo, Ter Stegen
Madrid: Casillas, Navas
Juventus: Buffon, Storari
Chelsea: Courtois, Cech
Man United: De Gea, Valdes
City: Hart, Caballero
Arsenal: Szezsny, Ospina

Bayern: Neuer, Ulrich

Not a prety good sight, eh?
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 21:37   #38
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,516
Likes: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
To say that some players are available, which is what you wrote, is a completely different thing than to say that they're available to be approached. Basically every player in the world is available to be approached by any club.
Ok my friend!
I put it wrong then.

Available to be approached

But please, let's stop it here.

You find it a good sign, I find it unacceptable.

This won't change, so let's just agree to disagree
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 22:01   #39
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern
 
Garci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dominaria
Posts: 4,272
Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
We don't disagree anywhere mate

Of course this is our smallest mistake. But it's still a mistake!
My anger is mostly because of all the other mistakes that you've mentioned and because I still see mistakes happening repeatedly.
I also happen to be more sensitive in the goalkeeper's position as I used to be a good one when I was young and I happen to know a couple of things more than I know about strikers, midfielders and defenders.

The fact that we'll lose a knock out game by this factor might seem to anyone of you so farfetched this very moment, but believe me if I see it happening with all these things I know it will be my worst nightmare....

Coclusively, take a look at this:

Farca: Bravo, Ter Stegen
Madrid: Casillas, Navas
Juventus: Buffon, Storari
Chelsea: Courtois, Cech
Man United: De Gea, Valdes
City: Hart, Caballero
Arsenal: Szezsny, Ospina

Bayern: Neuer, Ulrich

Not a prety good sight, eh?
To be fair Neuer is better than any of the keepers listed there, and they are the position least likely to be injured as a global thing. They also don't burn out so much playing game in, game out as outfield players do. Neuer has only missed 6 games since joining us in 2011, with 5 of them being in the same 9 day period - an anomaly. So if we're talking about a player who will play at most 2-3 games a year, I'd much rather him be a cheaper transfer.

Also, while I agree that Trapp, Leno and others are better, Ulreich is by no means a dreadful player - he's definitely better than Starke and at least as good as Reina. While not as experienced as the latter, he's definitely younger. Bringing another keeper in a MatS type deal (one plays the league, one plays the CL) would be detrimental for Bayern, since not only is it more expensive, but it further deprives us of Neuer.

So in my opinion, unless Ulreich cost the same as other better, willing goalkeepers, I would take the best keeper in the world playing constantly with a decent backup than rotating between Neuer and another top talent at a higher transfer price.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Garci is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 22:05   #40
Lord Byron
BZ Member
 
Lord Byron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Côte d'Azur
Posts: 5,254
Likes: 2
Not entirely convinced about this guy's motivation to play football.

Which is why i'm not too impressed by this transfer.

We should've got an old Reina type keeper.

I'm not sure exactly who, but if you open that cupboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosoo2 View Post
now we can challenge for the champions league no need for more signings
BZ Squad member12
Lord Byron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 22:11   #41
albanian7
MIA SAN MIA
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 695
Likes: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
We don't disagree anywhere mate

Of course this is our smallest mistake. But it's still a mistake!
My anger is mostly because of all the other mistakes that you've mentioned and because I still see mistakes happening repeatedly.
I also happen to be more sensitive in the goalkeeper's position as I used to be a good one when I was young and I happen to know a couple of things more than I know about strikers, midfielders and defenders.

The fact that we'll lose a knock out game by this factor might seem to anyone of you so farfetched this very moment, but believe me if I see it happening with all these things I know it will be my worst nightmare....

Coclusively, take a look at this:

Farca: Bravo, Ter Stegen
Madrid: Casillas, Navas
Juventus: Buffon, Storari
Chelsea: Courtois, Cech
Man United: De Gea, Valdes
City: Hart, Caballero
Arsenal: Szezsny, Ospina

Bayern: Neuer, Ulrich

Not a prety good sight, eh?
I didn't know you were a GK
If you are angry because of repeated mistakes, we are on the same boat. If you are agree becquse we didn't get De Gea as a backup, that's another topic.

And btw:
De Gea is leaving MU for RM. MU are to sign another GK
Casillas is leaving RM (for Italy), exactly because he does not want to share the goal post with anyone else.
Chec is leaving Chelsea this summer .. Because he doesn't want to be benched
And you mentioned Arsenal's GK: even if Neuer breaks an arm, he will perform better than each of them.
albanian7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 12:28   #42
BayernBhoy
BZ Member
 
BayernBhoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
He'll be a decent backup to Neuer. Welcome to the Champions Sven
BayernBhoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 14:23   #43
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,516
Likes: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by albanian7 View Post
I didn't know you were a GK
If you are angry because of repeated mistakes, we are on the same boat. If you are agree becquse we didn't get De Gea as a backup, that's another topic.

And btw:
De Gea is leaving MU for RM. MU are to sign another GK
Casillas is leaving RM (for Italy), exactly because he does not want to share the goal post with anyone else.
Chec is leaving Chelsea this summer .. Because he doesn't want to be benched
And you mentioned Arsenal's GK: even if Neuer breaks an arm, he will perform better than each of them.
Don't put worths in my mouth that I didn't say mate....

I neve asked for a De Gea!
I believe that my suggestions were clear and I even mentioned specific names that we should go after.
You really found a wrong way to steal the show in our discussion.

With all due respect but you missed the point in everything I said.

The duos of goalkeepers that I mentioned lived in armony for at least 1 season and there were both very good in all the teams.
Just like Neuer and Reina did!
No one of them is at the bottom level Ulrich lies this very moment!
Also I never suggested that we should sign anyone of them!

And just because you mentioned Casillas leaving because of De Gea I remind you that Navas is still there and his level is miles higher than Ulrich.

So I repeat for one more time that I'm angry that we signed a pure failure for second goalkeeper just like we did in Starke's case, and not because we didn't sign De Gea.

Also, just because you sound aggresive and it's something that I really hate and makes me lose my kindness and behave the same way, I have to inform you that if you believe that Ulrich is better by both Ospina and Szezny (which by the way I never mentioned them in my trnsfer list), then your knowledge about goalkeeping is the same with mine in astrophysics!
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 14:33   #44
albanian7
MIA SAN MIA
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 695
Likes: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Don't put worths in my mouth that I didn't say mate....

I neve asked for a De Gea!
I believe that my suggestions were clear and I even mentioned specific names that we should go after.
You really found a wrong way to steal the show in our discussion.

With all due respect but you missed the point in everything I said.

The duos of goalkeepers that I mentioned lived in armony for at least 1 season and there were both very good in all the teams.
Just like Neuer and Reina did!
No one of them is at the bottom level Ulrich lies this very moment!
Also I never suggested that we should sign anyone of them!

And just because you mentioned Casillas leaving because of De Gea I remind you that Navas is still there and his level is miles higher than Ulrich.

So I repeat for one more time that I'm angry that we signed a pure failure for second goalkeeper just like we did in Starke's case, and not because we didn't sign De Gea.

Also, just because you sound aggresive and it's something that I really hate and makes me lose my kindness and behave the same way, I have to inform you that if you believe that Ulrich is better by both Ospina and Szezny (which by the way I never mentioned them in my trnsfer list), then your knowledge about goalkeeping is the same with mine in astrophysics!
I never said Ulreich is better than Ospina. I said Neuer with a broken arm is better than Ospina.
I'd like Reina staying here just as much as you do.
But, I think we have at least FIVE (with Benatia's injury) positions we have to improve urgently (LW,RW,CM,RB,CB) and the GK problem is the smallest
albanian7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 14:41   #45
mavros
DFB-FCB
 
mavros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nea Smyrni, Athens
Posts: 10,516
Likes: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garci View Post
To be fair Neuer is better than any of the keepers listed there, and they are the position least likely to be injured as a global thing. They also don't burn out so much playing game in, game out as outfield players do. Neuer has only missed 6 games since joining us in 2011, with 5 of them being in the same 9 day period - an anomaly. So if we're talking about a player who will play at most 2-3 games a year, I'd much rather him be a cheaper transfer.

Also, while I agree that Trapp, Leno and others are better, Ulreich is by no means a dreadful player - he's definitely better than Starke and at least as good as Reina. While not as experienced as the latter, he's definitely younger. Bringing another keeper in a MatS type deal (one plays the league, one plays the CL) would be detrimental for Bayern, since not only is it more expensive, but it further deprives us of Neuer.

So in my opinion, unless Ulreich cost the same as other better, willing goalkeepers, I would take the best keeper in the world playing constantly with a decent backup than rotating between Neuer and another top talent at a higher transfer price.
Just one disagreement with you bro.

I never mentioned that we must sign a MATS type deal goalkeeper.... And please stop saying these things. There aren't these kind of deals when you sign a contract. That's something that the coach decides during the season if he is convinced that he trusts both his keepers the same way.

I'm sure that before the season started Louis Enrique knew who was No1 and who No2. Now if No2 convinced that he is equally good so that if he would play him as a starter he wouldn't put the whole team in danger, that's another thing.

Of course we cannot sign someone to claim the position from Neuer, but this doesn't mean that we'll have to sign any random untalented guy that we find in our way!

Now if you trust Ulrich or not is something that everyone by himself sense when watching him playing for Bayern, just as we all did with Starke.

The fact is that the way this transfer took place and the speed that this selection was made make me believe that he is rather Starke's replacement, than Reina's. He is not that bad for third!
So I really hope for better options and a wiser decision for our No2!
BZ Squad member17
mavros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


Follow BayernZone on Facebook Follow BayernZone on Twitter Contact Us

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:12.

Sponsors: Your link here? | Your link here? | Your link here?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Allianz Arena icon by luca1980 / CC BY / Recolored

İ2009 - 2017 BayernZone.com
This is a fan forum that is in no way affiliated with FC Bayern München AG.