Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > DFB-Pokal

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2018, 11:18   #196
FernandoBR
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I agreed with my commentators. It was a penalty by the rules but only marginally so by the spirit of the game. Both players made a 50/50 attempt for the ball, neither made any serious contact with each other, and the play didn't effect the game. To award a PK simply because of the letter of the letter of the law would be cruel, and even moreso because of the timing.

I don't really care to fight about this, so feel free to have the last word on why this inconsequential play was somehow worthy of saving Bayern from our own collapse. I just think that justice was done and I find no fault in either of the judgment calls that helped make it so.
I expected more coming from a lawyer. What's the use of laws and rules if you don't enforce them to the letter ?

No wonder people hate lawyers.
BZ Squad member1
Old 22-05-2018, 11:56   #197
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoBR View Post
I expected more coming from a lawyer. What's the use of laws and rules if you don't enforce them to the letter ?

No wonder people hate lawyers.
Grey is the kinda of Lawyer you want to have to save your ass, always finding that loophole so you pay less taxes.
BZ Squad member27
Old 22-05-2018, 12:13   #198
FernandoBR
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Grey is the kinda of Lawyer you want to have to save your ass, always finding that loophole so you pay less taxes.
In other words, he's a douche. 🤣
BZ Squad member1
Old 22-05-2018, 14:22   #199
kailip
Censored by Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I agreed with my commentators. It was a penalty by the rules but only marginally so by the spirit of the game. Both players made a 50/50 attempt for the ball, neither made any serious contact with each other, and the play didn't effect the game. To award a PK simply because of the letter of the letter of the law would be cruel, and even moreso because of the timing.

I don't really care to fight about this, so feel free to have the last word on why this inconsequential play was somehow worthy of saving Bayern from our own collapse. I just think that justice was done and I find no fault in either of the judgment calls that helped make it so.
I could agree, but this is just selective application of the rules, and is the reason why I wish football's rules were a lot less subjective and more direct.

It was a foul and a PK and that's the bottom line. There's no interpretation about it, Bayern's player was fucking kicked instead of the ball.

But no, I agree, Bayern didn't deserve the win. That doesn't change the fact that not giving away that PK even with VAR is a fucking disgrace and the referee should get some form of punishment for not applying the rules of the sport properly in such a gross fashion.

Last edited by kailip; 22-05-2018 at 14:25.
BZ Squad member11
Closed Thread