Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2018, 05:53   #3391
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 19,226
Likes: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
We really take him for granted, TBH.
We say this every year in the first half of the season. And every second half, he's the worst choker there is. In a broader way, his story is similar to Muller's. You can bring your A game for 90% of the race, but if you're simply going to stop just before the finish line, what use are you? Lewa now has another chance to show the world that he's as amazing as he thinks he is (and as I used to believe). Let's hope he can make the most of it!
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Kroos39 (08-11-2018), mea95 (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 12:40   #3392
Blackroze
BZ Member
 
Blackroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 2,153
Likes: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
We say this every year in the first half of the season. And every second half, he's the worst choker there is. In a broader way, his story is similar to Muller's. You can bring your A game for 90% of the race, but if you're simply going to stop just before the finish line, what use are you? Lewa now has another chance to show the world that he's as amazing as he thinks he is (and as I used to believe). Let's hope he can make the most of it!
Totally agreed. Yet it would make me sad if he brings his A game and finish the line this year. Cause there is simply not enough fire power in the team. Would have been better if he did that in recent years tbh
16/17 Predictions Winner
Blackroze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 18:18   #3393
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 6,415
Likes: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
We say this every year in the first half of the season. And every second half, he's the worst choker there is. In a broader way, his story is similar to Muller's. You can bring your A game for 90% of the race, but if you're simply going to stop just before the finish line, what use are you? Lewa now has another chance to show the world that he's as amazing as he thinks he is (and as I used to believe). Let's hope he can make the most of it!
This doesn't change the fact that we take him for granted.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 23:35   #3394
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 19,226
Likes: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
This doesn't change the fact that we take him for granted.
No, it may not, but my post was in no way intended to refute or challenge yours
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:05   #3395
Fritz
BZ Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
Likes: 5
It amazes me that Lewandowski has ever been expected to play any leader role. As if the whole plot of the club and team depended on him. Quite the contrary, he depends on the form of others.... He is not the type of player such as Ronaldo or Messi, that would be capable to carry a team like BVB or FCB to trophies by himself. He does not possess a leader skills nor traits...I am talking strictly a footballer characteristics such as his mediocre speed, no dribbling, aversion for defensive play.
He can fit in greatly and facilitate the play system with a tremendous level of efficiency but it is a mistake to see some driving force in him. As a stupid comparison; in American Football, you don't find any leader in a Kicker position. You want a quarter back to be your leader, not a Kicker. A good Kicker might be quite decisive in a game but he's just a facilitator, nonetheless
Fritz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:46   #3396
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 6,415
Likes: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
It amazes me that Lewandowski has ever been expected to play any leader role. As if the whole plot of the club and team depended on him. Quite the contrary, he depends on the form of others.... He is not the type of player such as Ronaldo or Messi, that would be capable to carry a team like BVB or FCB to trophies by himself. He does not possess a leader skills nor traits...I am talking strictly a footballer characteristics such as his mediocre speed, no dribbling, aversion for defensive play.
He can fit in greatly and facilitate the play system with a tremendous level of efficiency but it is a mistake to see some driving force in him. As a stupid comparison; in American Football, you don't find any leader in a Kicker position. You want a quarter back to be your leader, not a Kicker. A good Kicker might be quite decisive in a game but he's just a facilitator, nonetheless
No player can carry a team by himself. Messi even though he's skilled as fuck he's also a byproduct of the high talent surrounding him.
Also, your comparison is bad, really bad, a leader comes in many forms. A Kicker like Vinatieri can indeed be some kind of a leader in the locker room, yes, it's rare and their position also suck because they are like lawyers (you don't want to need one, but when you do, you want a good one), yes the most important position in American Football is the QB, but you also need a good competent team surrounding him to win, i mean Matt Ryan lost a Superbowl because his defense couldn't stop Brady, they even dropped a clear interception (not to forget his offensive line fucking up).

Team sports means you need a TEAM, as in multiple players to have success, one single player never carried a team to a title alone.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 20:27   #3397
Kim
Peaky Blinders
 
Kim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 259
Likes: 16
Lewan is one of the biggest chokers here for sure. But without him, we don't even have a chance to 'choke' in the later stages of CL.
Kim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:33   #3398
Bayer
Deep Mayo
 
Bayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Naples, Italy
Posts: 3,285
Likes: 410
Lewandowski sidelined due to knee-injury. Wow.
BZ Squad member3
Bayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:24   #3399
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 6,415
Likes: 328
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:48   #3400
FernandoBR
BZ Member
 
FernandoBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Belo Horizonte
Posts: 3,745
Likes: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Why ? We have Wagner !
BZ Squad member1
FernandoBR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:26   #3401
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,569
Likes: 144
What does this say?
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:05   #3402
EM1R
BZ Member
 
EM1R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: B&H
Posts: 4,531
Likes: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
What does this say?
Says that Bayern's season is probably over
BZ Squad member21
EM1R is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:30   #3403
misafeco
We Lose As A Team
 
misafeco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 652
Likes: 75
He will miss the next Poland game and be fine when returns.
misafeco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


Follow BayernZone on Facebook Follow BayernZone on Twitter Contact Us

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02.

Sponsors: Your link here? | Your link here? | Your link here?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Allianz Arena icon by luca1980 / CC BY / Recolored

©2009 - 2017 BayernZone.com
This is a fan forum that is in no way affiliated with FC Bayern München AG.